Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I do quite a bit of coyote hunting, I use a Jonny Stewart preymaster II and have had good luck with it. I also pack a decoy with me. I have been looking at the foxpro callers for a couple of years now but couldnt justify the cost, even though they offer more options than my Jonny Stewart PM II.

But now Fox pro came out with the Prarie Blaster, 500 calls and built in decoy! Its way more calls than I have, especially for those educated yotes and its one less thing for me to carry with the built in decoy. The price tag is steep for sure, so I wanted opinions. Does anyone have experience with the Prairie Blaster? Should I change up, or keep what I got and shut up.

I hunt a couple of smaller farms locally, But I just got invited to thin out two 500 acre farms upstate NY. starting in January and was thinking about an equipment upgrade.

I am looking for advice, thanks.

Steve

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The PB is quite large and on the heavy side compared to other FP e-calls. I'd look at the CS-24 or Fury due to size. A buddy-o-mine had a PB and said it had lots of volume for some of the open country he calls, but he went back to the CS-24 because it worked just fine and was much nicer to pack.

Last edited by Lonny; 10/22/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
500 digital sounds... wow... why not???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my original foxpro had 8 sounds, no remote, and no power for a decoy...
it rocked....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Lonny, no doubt about the weight, it 14 pounds! Its like a small suitcase. I dont need the volume as I hunt hardwoods, most of the action is under a hundred yards. I like the extra calls for change up, but I can get that with the fury. so it comes down to the intergrated decoy for alot of extra weight and $$.

Originally Posted by johnw
my original foxpro had 8 sounds, no remote, and no power for a decoy...
it rocked....

johnw, I hear you, Im sure you started with mouth calls like I did. Thats why I am on the fence about the big step up to the Fox Pro. My PM II works fine, except I keep losing the damn sound cards out of the remote, at $20 bucks a peice!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i hunt some pretty open farmland and just started using a foxpro spitfire...
it honestly doesn't seem as loud as some other e-calls, but i've been using it now for a couple of weeks and am having a blast...

see my thread on the spitfire... it's evident that the sounds carry...

the spitfire is an economy solution... but it's sure working for me...

i am still largely cornbound, as the harvest here seems to be lagging behind... i expect things to get better shortly...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
14 lbs! Wow, I knew the PB was big, but did not know it would be like carrying an extra rifle and shotgun.

Just my opinion, but I'd look real hard at the CS-24 and Fury and find a smaller, lighter, decoy if you feel it is necessary to use one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup, better have an extra person to just carry it for you, they are big & heavy.
Look at the new primos Alpha & Turbo dog digital units, 25 watt power & just LOUD. You can also load up to 1000 sounds on the AD & 500 on the TD.
They both come with a lot of sounds like the FP units also.
Johhny Stewart has 4 new digital calls out also from $150 to $600.
A pal bought the Turbo dogg and we use it out on the open ranches out here....very, VERY LOUD and fits into a waist pack if you so desire.
We have 13 coyotes taken using it along with me hand calling in tandom from it in the last 4 weeks also.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.