Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
i shall be amongst you in about 40 days. any places i should see during Christmas near Wiesbaden Germany or places worth a trip via rail(train)??

on a side note yall know of any airline that will fly dogs(hunde)year round? i have an 80 pound doberman.

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
lufthansa has always flown our labrador, just make sure he has a stupid amount of extra room in his kennel and be ready about a 250 euro ticket for that size of dog.

You should definately get over to the alps, either bavaria or switzerland. You can take a train over to paris if you like and do that whole shindig. If you have a chance you can take a day trip almost anywhere in europe on www.ryanair.com for pretty cheap. We went from germany to venice and back for about 65 bucks for two people.

Loving life in the Great North West one day at a time.

sounds like its time for a new gun.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a non exotic, plain ole American, but... I use to spend weekends visiting castles and museums. Germany is rich in history and most places were rebuilt to exacting standards as only the Germans can do. Also slept in a couple of castles. Seems we may have gone to a spa there, dress is casual unless gambling; then you'll need clothes.
As mentioned a rail pass is a great idea, Lake Zurich is very nice..

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You should try to link up with a revier owner and the local office to see if you can get a temp hunting license....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

If you like tanks, planes, guns, military and aircrafts goes to Sinsheim museum. If you have time: spend a week touring Schwartzwald. If you stay in hotel you can get free ride on the train in all the land of Bade Wurtenberg. Visit Oberndorf Mauser museum.
Or go east toward the "guns cities" of Suhl, Zelia Mehlis, Erfurt, Dreyse there is always something to discover. Take time to shoot at one shooting cinema (more than 25 in Germany). Enjoy beers and people. Normaly you can hunt if someone invite you on his territory and makes all the papers for you to get a "tagen jagdschein". I think your US hunting licence, if such thing exist in USA, will be good to get it but not sure. For europeans it's not too difficult.
Have a good trip.
And as jagd wrote with Ryanair you can get cheap fares to all Europe.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had any problems with Lufthansa.
Brought back my former setters as pups without a hitch.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by jagd
You should try to link up with a revier owner and the local office to see if you can get a temp hunting license....

can you explain this in more detail.

Originally Posted by Marseille

If you like tanks, planes, guns, military and aircrafts goes to Sinsheim museum. If you have time: spend a week touring Schwartzwald. If you stay in hotel you can get free ride on the train in all the land of Bade Wurtenberg. Visit Oberndorf Mauser museum.
Or go east toward the "guns cities" of Suhl, Zelia Mehlis, Erfurt, Dreyse there is always something to discover. Take time to shoot at one shooting cinema (more than 25 in Germany). Enjoy beers and people. Normaly you can hunt if someone invite you on his territory and makes all the papers for you to get a "tagen jagdschein". I think your US hunting licence, if such thing exist in USA, will be good to get it but not sure. For europeans it's not too difficult.
Have a good trip.
And as jagd wrote with Ryanair you can get cheap fares to all Europe.
Dom

in america each state issues licenses which are only good in that state. example: i'm from texas and have a texas hunting license if i go to colorado i have buy a colorado hunting license.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
From what I understand. If you get a letter from a hunting lease owner stating that you will be hunting with him and you have some form of hunting license then you can take that down to the local license issuing office for that city and get a temporary 10 day license.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
cool.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

It works with most of European hunting licences and it cost little; don't know with american licences.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
My wife and I are happy with both Iceland Air and Continental regarding flying pets.

We flew Iceland Air with a change in Keflavik on January 29th and August 24th, 2008 so I would say they fly dogs all year.

Also, Continental Airlines is serving the pet community very well. They claim your dog will not be on the tarmac for more than 4 minutes before being moved indoors.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by bberg7794
My wife and I are happy with both Iceland Air and Continental regarding flying pets.

We flew Iceland Air with a change in Keflavik on January 29th and August 24th, 2008 so I would say they fly dogs all year.

Also, Continental Airlines is serving the pet community very well. They claim your dog will not be on the tarmac for more than 4 minutes before being moved indoors.

appreciate the info, unfortunately they US Government decides which airline i fly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safe travels bud!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,471
Posts18,529,359
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.