-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I guess if somebody wanted a deer bad enough to threaten me, I'd be happy to give it to them and consider myself lucky that I got to keep hunting another day.

Fortunately for the past 20 years, I rarely see other hunters where I hunt. Just too far back in for all but the most dedicated. There have been occassions when hunting other states that I was as familar with, that I just didn't get as far away from the crowds. But never been threatened.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Flinch
I hunt all over the United States as well, but Utah is where both situations happened. I was deep in the bush when it happened. I guess they felt like there wouldn't be any witnesses and a lone hunter was easy prey. The one group was from California. They had shot 3 dink bucks and tagged out. When they saw the the 29" buck I killed, they HAD to have it.

The other group had a young punk kid in it. He claimed he shot the elk I was already on and killed (one bullet hole in it and I shot it at 10 yards...no question who killed it). His dad and brother rode up on horses, chambered rounds in their rifles and said, "We will take it from here, that is my son's bull!" I showed them the one bullet hole from the direction I killed it and the blood trail. They got REALLY upset and said, "We ain't kidding, get out of here!" I told them to choke on it and walked off. Flinch

If nobody else is gonna call bullchit I'll do it. Flinch, what were you smoking when you made these stories up?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
+1

Seriously, robbed at gunpoint twice while hunting? That is a felony, and surely you reported it to the sheriff's dept... whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I reported both cases to the warden that presides over the unit and he said it was my word against the other "hunters". Since he didn't see it happen and I didn't have video proof, there wasn't anything he could do about it. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I reported both cases to the warden that presides over the unit and he said it was my word against the other "hunters". Since he didn't see it happen and I didn't have video proof, there wasn't anything he could do about it. Flinch

What happen to your first post?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora

If nobody else is gonna call bullchit I'll do it. Flinch, what were you smoking when you made these stories up?

Prolly the same stuff when he reported "whitetail does frequently had 3 & 4 fawns" from a diff. thread.

+2

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Azar
Dude, where the crap do you hunt that your kills are getting taken by gunpoint?

In his simple mind grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When was the last time you punched your own tag on any animal anywhere Drumdum?????? Oh wait, you don't even hunt, yet you are suddenly the resident hunting expert. Do you ever get tired of making a fool out of yourself? Keep piling up the B.S. there drumdum. I will keep feeding you rope. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Why would anyone want game taken by someone else. Personally I'd have zero interest.

Prolly the only thing I will ever agree on with you!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lmao

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have heard of such instances, but never been around any. A local story speaks of a gentleman that had a fine buck taken from camp. He and the warden cruised the camps and eventually spotted it hanging. Seems hunter number one had placed his tag in the bucks mouth where it was indeed found locked in well clenched jaws. Problem solved and the perp went to trial.

Last edited by 1minute; 11/03/11.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When was the last time you punched your own tag on any animal anywhere Drumdum?????? Oh wait, you don't even hunt, yet you are suddenly the resident hunting expert. Do you ever get tired of making a fool out of yourself? Keep piling up the B.S. there drumdum. I will keep feeding you rope. Flinch

3 years ago on a 201" typical

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by azcoues
ok - ya make aperfect shot on a 5x6 opening morming of the rifle hunt!

from here I'm speculating from secondhand info.

they went for quads - got elk back to camp- hung it in tree and skinned it out!

they wanted it to hang over night to cool down.

they leave camp next morning to try to fill remaning tag.

upon returning to camp -after a mornings hunt - they find someone has taken both backstraps from hanging elk - at least 2 ft gone on both sides.

few questions !

why not cut up and process the first afternoon?

why would you ever leave a elk hanging in camp and leave-no one to watch or guard camp?

Lots of unanswered thoughts .

my take - you'd better be glad they didnt take the whole elk!

sometimes ya just gotta learn things the hard way!!
you know you are camped on one of the main travel routes for the area .

As an elk hunter - whats your take on this situation?

Noted - nothing worse than thieves on a hunt but taking the backstraps from a hanging elk - is a new low!

Wow. That's seriously [bleep].

We leave all kinds of valuables in camp. I mean, it's either that or locked in the truck, and a "maybe occupied" camp seems more secure, usually, than a truck parked all day way up nowhere.

In general theft from Oregon camps is not really an issue. I did hear of a 6x6 head being stolen though. But taking the backstraps?! That's just rude beyond belief.

I hope the son of a b!tch chokes to death on 'em.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by brymoore
[quote=broomd]I usually kill my elk or deer about two miles from my home and drag them home whole--even if the hair gets skidded off the hide driving down a gravel road, I couldn't care less.

Originally Posted by brymoore

A whole elk two miles? Are you using horses or steroids?

Fair question...
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ah, I forgot the ATV method.

I hunted a spot this week where the deer trail was expanded into a nice wide sidewalk path. Walking out I saw lots of elk hair stuck on logs and rocks. Further down the path I ran into 6 hunters hunting together. Besides the odd fact of the group hunt, none of them had a pack on. They had shot a bull further down the trail on opening morning. They told me it took them 12 hours to drag it out whole! They were about 2 miles from their trucks. I'm surprised they didn't kick my butt. I laughed for several minutes before I asked them if they knew about quartering game.

They were heading back to the same ridge. Really? If I had spent 12 hours dragging out an elk, I sure wouldn't go to the same ridge to repeat the act.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's disgusting that someone could or would do that.

Something about the lessons I was taught as a sprout that tells me I could NEVER even consider this...

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 73 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,679
Posts18,534,262
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.