Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What a joke. Paul has been hated and feared by the insiders from day one.

yeah, a twelve term congressman, who's been drawing a congressional salary off and on for 34 years......that's a real outsider.

Paulies continue to deliver comedy gold, day after day.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Idealism is the refuge of liberals.That's where you are.

Whether you care to acknowledge it or not, this country is in need of a MAJOR correction on just what the federal gov't was intended to be.

Go ahead and vote for a status quo candidate of your choice. I don't give a schit. Me? I want someone different that'll tell the feds to go [bleep] themselves. Ron Paul is that man.

To each his own I guess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that's very mature thinking.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thank you. I knew you'd come around. grin

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Whether you care to acknowledge it or not, this country is in need of a MAJOR correction on just what the federal gov't was intended to be.

You're not going to get much argument on that one. In fact, MAJOR correction is, IMHO, an understatement.

Go ahead and vote for a status quo candidate of your choice.

They are all status quo.

I want someone different that'll tell the feds to go [bleep] themselves.

Again, I won't offer any argument there.

Ron Paul is that man.

And......this is the point where we disagree. Ron Paul isn't going to tell anyone to go [bleep] themselves. If he became POTUS, he'd ride it out just like the rest. He's nothing but another politician.

Honestly, I'm starting to hope that he actually does win the nomination so I can say "Tolja so" in a couple years. Being proved wrong, though, wouldn't suck either. Pipe dream....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
if Paul runs third Party we will get that asshat Obama for another 4 years, remember what Perot did. frown

Perot didn't do anything. The party of "Read my lips . . . no new taxes" did. It will be the same thing this time if Romney wins the nomination. Conservatives and Reagan Dems will vote for Paul over Romney. The Carl Roves of the party better get used to it.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NH K9

You're not going to get much argument on that one. In fact, MAJOR correction is, IMHO, an understatement.

Go ahead and vote for a status quo candidate of your choice.

They are all status quo.

I want someone different that'll tell the feds to go [bleep] themselves.

Again, I won't offer any argument there.

Ron Paul is that man.

And......this is the point where we disagree. Ron Paul isn't going to tell anyone to go [bleep] themselves. If he became POTUS, he'd ride it out just like the rest. He's nothing but another politician.

Honestly, I'm starting to hope that he actually does win the nomination so I can say "Tolja so" in a couple years. Being proved wrong, though, wouldn't suck either. Pipe dream....

George

Fair enough. To tell you the truth I hadn't even heard of Ron Paul before the 2008 election. When he talked, it really resonated with me. Pipe dreams and tinfoil? Probably. But I believe what I believe.

However, I was even more obnoxious 4 years ago. laugh

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Four years ago, I would have been right there with you. I convinced a lot of people (relative, of course) that I talked with to drop the hammer for Paul. Things change...

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
He's good at padding his coffers, though.

Nonsense. He's a good man trying to do what he thinks is right for America.

Hes a rascist, antisemitic, conspiraticist babbling loon who is riding dollars from his snake oil sales to his bots.

He will have a wealthy retirement.

WildhesanotheralgoreAlaska ��2002-2011

Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t�tige Unwissenheit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hes a rascist, antisemitic, conspiraticist...

No need to keep going.

You're a moron that can't spell.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Hes a rascist, antisemitic, conspiraticist...

No need to keep going.

You're a moron that can't spell.

Yep. But Im not a Paulbot, so I still have a shred of self respect.

Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t�tige Unwissenheit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here are a couple of more things to consider.

1. Even if Obama is relelected because Paul splits the Repub vote, there will be plenty of Tea Party Representatives and Senators elected and the Dems will lose control of the Seante. Nothing that Obama want to do will be passed by Congress and he will be forced to either sign or veto the ensuing legislation.

2. Most all of the negative comment on here attacks Paul the man, or his appearance, or voice, but there is no intellegent rebuke of his call for return to Constitutional principles. I remember how the RINOs/Neo-Cons attacked Reagan the man in the campaign.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
racist and antisemitic?

that's quite a range of issues. You'd think the people that have voted him in multiple times would have caught on to it at some point.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you will look back up a few posts,you will see my critique of him which contained no personal attack.And not a damn Paultard refuted a thing I said.

Y'all have a cult of personality going and that's about it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
racist and antisemitic?

that's quite a range of issues. You'd think the people that have voted him in multiple times would have caught on to it at some point.
Bwahahahahaha!

You'll have to forgive WildAlaska. He's not quite right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

Until the media and the GOP accept that Ron Paul is a viable candidate and his followers represent a significant number (and if you think they don't when why would you care if he ran 3rd party) and are addressed accordingly then this is a stalemate that isn't going anywhere.

win something besides a straw poll and that might happen. but he won't and it won't.
I didn't say that. You've misquoted.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If the butt-wipes in the GOP would allow him to participate, and the media would give him the credit he is due, he would be a shoe in. If Obama gets a 2nd term, it will be because the GOP made it happen. Don't lay this at Paul's doorstep. BTW, I care not which banner Paul runs under...he has our votes. No one else is credible or has a record or the character to run against him. Get over it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Pretty simple actually...take a play from the Dems playbook...Executive orders...Congress hasn't done a thing about Obama's EO's or his appointing Czars to high positions. Paul can do the same thing and eradicate a lot of the damage that has been done over the decades in a single term.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Until the media and the GOP accept that Ron Paul is a viable candidate and his followers represent a significant number (and if you think they don't when why would you care if he ran 3rd party) and are addressed accordingly then this is a stalemate that isn't going anywhere.

win something besides a straw poll and that might happen. but he won't and it won't.
I didn't say that. You've misquoted.

when I was editing I must have taken out the quote marks from whoever you were quoting within your post. TRH, probably.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LongRanger280 Online content
Campfire Regular

If the butt-wipes in the GOP would allow him to participate, and the media would give him the credit he is due, he would be a shoe in."

Really?The FACTS show a whole other story:

This is probably the close thing you'll get to an actual scorecard of the GOP presidential debates, where innumerable punches have been thrown, and not evenly.

The University of Minnesota's Humphrey School of Public Affairs did a breakdown of who did the most swinging, and who took the most shots, at the four fall debates that have included Rick Perry - and they found that the candidate of civility, Jon Huntsman, has been among the most aggressive.
Continue Reading

And Perry has, as he once complained about, been a pinata by and large.

From the study:

Perry has been singled out for criticism 39 times - about twice the combined total of Herman Cain (9), Jon Huntsman (5), Ron Paul (4), Rick Santorum (1), Michele Bachmann (1), and Newt Gingrich (0) and 10 more than Mitt Romney (29).

(snip)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65974.html#ixzz1c8cPiNZM

Poor Ron.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,486 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.