Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Due to recognition of Palestine as a state.

Has nothing to do with Obama, it was already a law. Indeed, one of Hillary's people has already mentioned wanting to talk to Congress about overturning that law.

Sigh.

The United States will not pay $60 million to a U.N. cultural and educational agency after it voted Monday to accept the Palestinian mission as a full member, triggering a U.S. requirement to cut off funds.

"We are not going to be able to continue contributing to the budget," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. "Palestinian membership as a state in UNESCO triggers longstanding legislative restrictions which will compel the United States to refrain from making contributions to UNESCO."

Washington is required by law to cut off funding to any U.N. agency if the Palestinian Liberation Organization is granted membership in any group at the international body.

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization voted 107-14 with 52 abstentions on Monday granting Palestinians full membership in the organization. The U.S. voted against the nomination. Eighty-one votes of the 173 UNESCO members were needed for full membership to be approved.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...te-to-grant-membership-to/#ixzz1cNxWFg1R

Personally, I'd say with this economy that we cut it and leave it cut.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is a UN agency....therefore the entire UN is just as guilty. Why not cut off ALL funds to the UN and then withdraw as a member.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It just pisses me off that the Palestinians can get away with all the crap they pull.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The only reason they do, is because the Israelis are the ONE nation and people who will not wage total war on their adversaries. Israel could annihilate the Palestinians, and arguably should have years ago. For obvious reasons, they won't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
The only reason they do, is because the Israelis are the ONE nation and people who will not wage total war on their adversaries. Israel could annihilate the Palestinians, and arguably should have years ago. For obvious reasons, they won't.

The whole Palestinian situation was manufactured by the Arab nations. Why is it the world gives them a complete pass on this? It�s like everyone just conveniently forgot how we got �Palestinians�.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bammy has alot of apologiseing to do. Probably cut them a bigger check

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

The whole Palestinian situation was manufactured by the Arab nations. Why is it the world gives them a complete pass on this? It�s like everyone just conveniently forgot how we got �Palestinians�.

No disagreement, at all.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

And every day rockets land on Israeli towns while we hold them back from retaliating. How much longer is that going to last? The citizens in those towns are getting pretty upset with the IDF for not taking action.

Sickening.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Due to recognition of Palestine as a state.

Has nothing to do with Obama, it was already a law. Indeed, one of Hillary's people has already mentioned wanting to talk to Congress about overturning that law.

Sigh.

The United States will not pay $60 million to a U.N. cultural and educational agency after it voted Monday to accept the Palestinian mission as a full member, triggering a U.S. requirement to cut off funds.

"We are not going to be able to continue contributing to the budget," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. "Palestinian membership as a state in UNESCO triggers longstanding legislative restrictions which will compel the United States to refrain from making contributions to UNESCO."

Washington is required by law to cut off funding to any U.N. agency if the Palestinian Liberation Organization is granted membership in any group at the international body.

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization voted 107-14 with 52 abstentions on Monday granting Palestinians full membership in the organization. The U.S. voted against the nomination. Eighty-one votes of the 173 UNESCO members were needed for full membership to be approved.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...te-to-grant-membership-to/#ixzz1cNxWFg1R

I'd go further - let's cut EVERY PENNY and KICK THE UN OUTTA THE US...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[/quote] I'd go further - let's cut EVERY PENNY and KICK THE UN OUTTA THE US... [/quote]

Couldn't agree more. The UN is a monkey on our back. I believe we'd be a much stronger country without that monkey.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Breezed through it. What I took away was, it's not "fair" that cultures that thrived continue to, uh, thrive? Well, g-o-l-l-y!

Last edited by sandcritter; 10/31/11.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
dang, where is Bristoe to stand up for his Jew hating friends in Gaza?

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TexasRick
This is a UN agency....therefore the entire UN is just as guilty. Why not cut off ALL funds to the UN and then withdraw as a member.

Now now Rick ...... you're just being MEAN and RADICAL and .....and ...

SENSIBLE! wink grin

Keep it up. smirk

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Redneck

I'd go further - let's cut EVERY PENNY and KICK THE UN OUTTA THE US... [/quote]

+10,000! mad

maddog

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pira114
[/quote] I'd go further - let's cut EVERY PENNY and KICK THE UN OUTTA THE US...

Couldn't agree more. The UN is a monkey on our back. I believe we'd be a much stronger country without that monkey. [/quote]

Ditto

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It wouldn't be hard. We are over 60% of the UN.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

AMEN Brother !!

Last edited by WiFowler; 10/31/11.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WiFowler

AMEN Brother !!

And another Amen!

WildwhatawasteofprimerealestateAlaska ��2002-2011

Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine t�tige Unwissenheit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$60M less to the madrasahs

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.