-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, I am officially ready for the weekend.

I also took the 44mag off the hunting list for the year, as I kept having one bad shot out of each cylinder I shot. Not acceptable if I am going to hunt with it.

On the other hand, the 16.5" straight-stocked 30-30 really likes the Vortex 1.5-4x scope I put on her. Two rapid-fire offhand shots into a half-inch at 50 yards, and a 1.5" group off the bench at 100 yards.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by SKane

Last year's trophy from TX;
[Linked Image]

Thank you for the well-wishes GG, same to you. Good luck. Be safe.

Who's the chick on the field there with Rogers? She could use a shower and a shave.

That's one of the Maki girls. She's from northern Wisconsin. Now you know why they need more beer in Wisconsin.

Last edited by MILES58; 10/31/11.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Anybody have advice for finding public land near the metro area to hunt? I am going north (Itasca county) for opener. If I don't get a deer, I'd like to try my hand at getting one in the metro area. Using slugs is fine by me, would just need to sight in my shotgun. I have a flexible job schedule but work every day in Nov. besides rifle weekend. This gives me the chance to drive somewhere nearby and hunt in mornings or evenings. Is it too late to ask farmers for permission?

Last edited by WIMN; 10/31/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GG, You guys have fun and be safe. I will definitely be thinking about my old friends in Minnesota and all the good times we had up there. As it is, I am stuck here in the deep south, only 7 weeks into a 4 month season. :-( Life is definitely hard, when you hunt in a light shirt and pants. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was out Saturday to double-check the Encore pistol for hunting in the slug zone. 5 shots off of the sticks at 200 yds I could cover with my hand. .260 Remington, 17" MGM Encore barrel, 120 gr. Nosler BT and 44 gr. IMR 4350. Off the bench they hold sub-MOA out to 300 yds. I'm ready. grin I'll probably set out to hit some steel plates sometime this week, just for more trigger time. Then I'll be taking the same rig hunting mule deer in West River South Dakota the next weekend.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't WIMN. The only public land I know of is north, and there's a lot of that. You could try by Sandstone area. Head to Fleet Farm or Gander and look at one of the MN Public Land Topo's they have.

Sorry, I don't know the Metro area at all. Truthfully, I'd probably stay out of them if it were me.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I don't WIMN. The only public land I know of is north, and there's a lot of that. You could try by Sandstone area. Head to Fleet Farm or Gander and look at one of the MN Public Land Topo's they have.

Sorry, I don't know the Metro area at all. Truthfully, I'd probably stay out of them if it were me.

I hunted a few times at the "chub lake" wma.Then theres the louisville swamp area.Theres some land south of hasting,I forget the name.check the rule book for legal weapons,

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by gophergunner

Oh yeah-Rogers is a weenie, and THE PACKERS STILL SUCK!

shocked shocked

Last year's trophy from MN;
[Linked Image]

Last year's trophy from TX;
[Linked Image]

laugh laugh

Thank you for the well-wishes GG, same to you. Good luck. Be safe.

Scott, you got to quit shooting all those dinks!!! whistle

God luck and shoot straight..

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by travelingman1
GG, You guys have fun and be safe. I will definitely be thinking about my old friends in Minnesota and all the good times we had up there. As it is, I am stuck here in the deep south, only 7 weeks into a 4 month season. :-( Life is definitely hard, when you hunt in a light shirt and pants. TM
Nice to hear from you buddy, but boy, am I jealous! How many have you got so far this year? Must be tough swatting skeeters while your hunting, and don't forget the sun tan lotion.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Jeez, Dave and the Chickenbuckers must really be getting soft in their old age! I tried to talk a little schmak about a Dinkathon and they didn't even bite! I heard they have a rule up there that you're not allowed to shoot anything bigger and a spike or heavier than a collie! Dog collars earn bonus points!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Da spots are important ya know.

Vee play dat deer dominos, got to have the spots to play deer dominos.

oofda.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Plus, vee make our own buchks.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
oy vay, uff dah, and yah sure youbetcha!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We have a real crisis brewing for the trip north on Friday. I no longer have a vehicle with a cassette player in it, so I've either got to buy a cassette player, or go get a CD of DA YOOPERS! Just can't head north for deer season without hearing Da Second Week of Deer Camp, Iso Sikka, and The Rusty Chevrolet! Man dos boyz can really sing it donchaknow! And that Sandy Kempa, oy vay she sounds HOT! Gotta get some Bananas at Large Turdy Point Buck action goin' too, ya know!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dave,

I heard you guys used to cut off shirt tails for missed shots, but had to quit because everyone in camp ended up with frost bite on their backs one year-any truth to that one?

'Haven't heard much about the dreaded swamp squids lately-are they still lurking up your way?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
More and more deer movement here in the northwoods, we should be hitting the rut just about right.
Good luck to all my fellow Mn. hunters.....Looking forward to your pics/stories.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Randy,

Please pretend you didn't see the Packer wisecrack that I posted. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LIV2HUNT

Good luck and shoot straight..

Ummmm, that was a bit of a challenge for me last year. blush
I used my share of the luck last year, it's handwerk's turn to anchor a nice MN deer. I'll even drag it for him.....after he's gotten it most of the way. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner
We have a real crisis brewing for the trip north on Friday. I no longer have a vehicle with a cassette player in it, so I've either got to buy a cassette player, or go get a CD of DA YOOPERS! Just can't head north for deer season without hearing Da Second Week of Deer Camp, Iso Sikka, and The Rusty Chevrolet! Man dos boyz can really sing it donchaknow! And that Sandy Kempa, oy vay she sounds HOT! Gotta get some Bananas at Large Turdy Point Buck action goin' too, ya know!

My favorite album is "one can short of a six pack"

Yoop news:

"Eemo Anderson passed uway a kupple weeks ago... He was found dead in a wood pyle outside his brudder's camp where he lived wit his udder bruddier, bruder, bruddder Mutty, Da state poleece invettigating say dat Mutty had drilt a hole in a board and put two shot glass eyes on it and called it his girlfriend reetah...."

Mutty caught eemo doing da nasty with his girlfren reetah and he shot him in da back.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by LIV2HUNT

Good luck and shoot straight..

Ummmm, that was a bit of a challenge for me last year. blush
I used my share of the luck last year, it's handwerk's turn to anchor a nice MN deer. I'll even drag it for him.....after he's gotten it most of the way. laugh

That's what pals are for. laugh

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 768 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.