Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
piero Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My great gramps had one of these, he died shortly after i was born. i have it now. just wandering what yall think of it as a tree rat gun, WELL inside 20yds, like right under the tree. booklet says 315 feet per second. is that good? iv'e never shot something this small... btw, its bb only... thanks.

"8mm rem mag, reach out n' touch something"

"Those who say the .223 is weak probably have never heard of the "meat grinder".

SEMPER FI

Head practical joke coordinator of the turd-like people (aka the chitmonks)
GB1

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
I would use something with a little more power, and not bb's.
With that kind of power, I would just plink with it since it's
a "bb" gun. Taking squirrels even at that close of a range, I would use a gun that has a little more power, and with pellets, at least.

S.W.A.G. it
piero Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
thanks, I didn't think so. I think i'll just go with a .22 since it has more range, accuracy, power, fire rate, versatility, ect. BTW, do you think this will have any penetration at all? If not i'll use it for those pesky half-wild dogs we have running around here... also, could this thing be worth anything? its at least 20 if not 30 or more years old. i don't know how collectible airguns are, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? i'm not really serious about it, just typing the day away on the Satan-box.

"Those who say the .223 is weak probably have never heard of the "meat grinder".

SEMPER FI

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by piero
thanks, I didn't think so. I think i'll just go with a .22 since it has more range, accuracy, power, fire rate, versatility, ect. BTW, do you think this will have any penetration at all? If not i'll use it for those pesky half-wild dogs we have running around here... also, could this thing be worth anything? its at least 20 if not 30 or more years old. i don't know how collectible airguns are, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? i'm not really serious about it, just typing the day away on the Satan-box.

If I were you, I'd just keep it as a plinker, and for those feral dogs you got. It will give them a good sting in the a$$ if anything at all.

S.W.A.G. it
piero Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
yeah, i'm tired of nearly getting mauled when i ride my bike. i couldn't think of ever killing one but i do want to teach them a lesson. wink

SEMPER FI

IC B2

C
C
Crossman modal 454 is semiautomatic BB pistol.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
yeah, i'm tired of nearly getting mauled when i ride my bike. i couldn't think of ever killing one but i do want to teach them a lesson. wink
Yea, I wouldn't want to hurt one-not. Let them eat on the kids. smirk

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
piero Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yea, I wouldn't want to hurt one-not. Let them eat on the kids. smirk

well, there aint any “kids” to speak of- save for the owners of some of the dogs/half way strays around here. apart from that, i have no intention of hurting an animal without killing it and most certainly will not kill a dog of any kind unless it poses a MORTAL threat to me or my family. i do, however respect your opinion and don't mind constructive criticism.

hunter, hippy, anti-spay/neuter activist, piero

SEMPER FI

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Wasp spray may be a consideration.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 59 invisible), 3,060 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,442
Posts18,528,691
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.