Print Thread
Hop To
Page 793 of 1,842 1 2 791 792 793 794 795 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Dave,leave no stone unturned.Yuk yuk yuk.
Stan in SC

laugh Stan that literally made me ROR. Sorry Dave 'ol buddy. smile

I'm sitting here at 5:30 a.m. chompin at the bit to get out to my blind with the bow. I finally seen buck activity last night. Strange thing is they were chasing each other while the does and fawns just browsed and went about their business. It was really kinda goofy because the big buck tailed the somewhat smaller one just like he was a doe in heat. I'm guessin its a pre-rut thing and he is trying to run him off so he can come back and have the ladies to himself. Hope they decide to take a break by my blind this morning!

Good luck everyone!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
20 minutes of legal hunting time so far an NO pictures of big brown freezer pleasers? What's going on up there? smile

Well, I think I'll wander out into the timber and look for a few squirrels.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cool and breezy here, I have to drop off the tractor/mower at the shop and on my way back I'll pick up some lumber and sheetrock, shoot the bow some more (its shooting awesome) and hit the basement.

still no word from chickenbuck

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm back in from the blind. Had one doe come by at sun rise. That was it. Heard a few shotguns going off in the area.

I text Dave and asked if he had shot one yet and he replied "no".

I hope one of the c-buckers can put 'ol forky toes on the ground. I want to see what kind of a buck makes a track like that!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got back from work and the lumber yard, now the real work begins frown I'd rather be hunting!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
ps,

WB, I'll work on Ma for coming up. She will like the Igloo trip, so that will keep her interested.

Sounds good T. It's always good to have a DD on the way back from a cross-lake trip to the Igloo!

No brown down here yet. Bunch of does & fawns that I passed on. Just gettin ready to head out for the evening.

LET THERE BE BLOOD!!!

This bear is gettin hongry.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a blast last year doing the igloo run with WB, ND, RWS and a bunch of other folks, def a great time for all!
still anxious to hear from the chickenbuck crew. they are probably too busy skinning and hangin critters to post, least I hope they are

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just here sitting in deer stand w my daughter hoping to get her first deer. Very windy here north of chicken buck! Been real quiet as far as shooting. 1 buck this morning for our party. Hunt on n b safe!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Warm, 55* and windy here today. If it's that warm up by Tom and Dave not much will be moving.

Went to a gun show in Wausau this AM. Saw a nice old Savage 99 in a 22 High Power. There was a nice #1 in 250-3000 also. Both rifles were priced pretty decent.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Just here sitting in deer stand w my daughter hoping to get her first deer. Very windy here north of chicken buck! Been real quiet as far as shooting. 1 buck this morning for our party. Hunt on n b safe!

Congrats to the lucky hunter!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got half the basement sheet rocked and kendras cabinets and countertop in the laundry room installed. tomorrow I fill in the screw holes, sand and paint the walls. I need to go hunting this indoor work isn't for me.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Got one 7pt on the ground today. my BIL knocked it down. It is a heckova big deer. Normal 2.5yo rack. The deer is almost 6' long.

I saw a monster bull moose today. I have pics I'll put up when I get home. Very tired.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sounds like a good day T. and good luck to all you chikenbuckers. Hay Grizzly bill did your camp have a lot of damage from that storm last Jully? I hear ares did but I havent been up to see it yet.

I don't feed em I eat em
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here's what he looks like alive.I was pretty sure it was the same buck when I helped Andy today. Now, that I've checked, I'm 100% sure.

[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Dead pictures to follow at a later date.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL I like the dead pictures comment smile is that morbid?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I scored on a little forkhorn right at dusk.barely had time to take a few pics and field dress before it was dark.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fluffy; 11/06/11.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
G'mornin fellers. Just checking in from the deer stand. Another warm and very windy morning here. Wind chime is still empty at chickenbuck. I had deer come in about 5 minutes too late last night. Could make out a body but there was no shot. The deer hung around keeping me in my stand until long after shooting hours. Starting to rain now, I sure love my new weather tight stand.

Later.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
least you saw one, anyone else seein any? any shots at all?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
G'mornin fellers. Just checking in from the deer stand. Another warm and very windy morning here. Wind chime is still empty at chickenbuck. I had deer come in about 5 minutes too late last night. Could make out a body but there was no shot. The deer hung around keeping me in my stand until long after shooting hours. Starting to rain now, I sure love my new weather tight stand.

Later.

Dang I hate when that happens. A couple years ago I was sitting in my stand under a full moon it was at least 45 min before shooting light. In a few minutes a huge buck sneaked out
of the timber behind my feeder he walked out to a scent post I had placed in the field. I could see his rack clearly in the moon light I wanted to smoke em bad but just couldnt bring myself to do it. I slept in this AM tierd of fighting this stinking wind. Good luck to all!

Oh yeah almost forgot I made some summer sausage last night it sucks bad really bad. Pass the crackers Maw!

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats to your BIL, Tom.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 793 of 1,842 1 2 791 792 793 794 795 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.