Page 798 of 1,842 1 2 796 797 798 799 800 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Thats really cool Tom! Great pics too!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
tzone

That will get the blood pumping.

Still no deer for me or the wife. Though she has the live decoy thing going every other day at her stand.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It is right near the top of the coolest things I've seen in the woods. He was the biggest moose I've seen that was in the wild.

I wish we could zoom in on the pics here, because his legs are just thick. Not long and gangly.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by TJAY
tzone

That will get the blood pumping.

Still no deer for me or the wife. Though she has the live decoy thing going every other day at her stand.

It did for sure. I was shaking like I just shot a big buck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Big Swish,

Congrats to your buddy Larry on a great Iron Range buck.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Damn thats cool Tom, I had a close encounter with bullwinkle some years back at our old range camp.

You got pictures though, which is very awesome.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He stood there for a few seconds and I was all... "hey dummy, drop the rifle and grab the camera out of the pack."

I'm glad he stood around long enough for my brain to function right.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Didjaya get a freezer pleaser at WB's ranch?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sadly, my surgical gloves remain unused.

The deers held tight tonight, big moon, clear sky...

Tell ya what tho, that white bare has a sweet setup. Very well thought out stand/lane arrangement for the lay of the land.

It was a very nice night to sit out there. I had a white weasel and a ruffed grouse under my stand, white bare reported the same sorta critters over by his stand, plus he had some deer activity closer by him. All sound, no show tho.

I'm still looking for my gunshot deer to practice my surgical skills on.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Grouse, ermine and moose!!! I love moose.

Sure wish I was up there again.

One good side to the slow action is it will keep you out there to supply us with stories and photos. Eventually though, there should be some blood red finger painting photos - I hope!

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Moose are cool. I've seen cows and calfs while hunting them, but never a bull when I had a rifle in my hand. I did see bulls up in Alaska while flying in on a Caribou hunt.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
TZone,

Great pixs, reminds me of the woods in Maine. About 5 yrs ago I had an encounter with a bull moose in Maine while deer hunting, looked like a box truck walking around in the woods. They may be loud but its amazing how quickly they disappear in the thick stuff considering their size.

Last edited by ChipM; 11/08/11.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Hey wait just a cotton pickin minute!

I know what Dave is up to! He's gone and figured out a way to have a back up weapon in the stand without having to carry another heavy rifle across the swamp!

Why that sneaky bugger is smugglin a rock shootin, pump action weiner wifle!

grin

I just got done reading the kidney stone thread and feel the need to apologize after reading the testimonials in there. My God! shocked I had no idea that they caused that kind of misery and I hope I never find out!

So my friend Dave, I humbly apologize for making light of your situation. OUCH! eek

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I too made fun of Dave concerning his kidney stones.I know how it feels tho,having had saliva gland stones.Sounds miniscule however it feels like someone pushing a sharp stick thru your jaw.The first one I self extricated by forcing it thru the tube membrane wall.The doctor said to NEVER do that again.
On another note I bought a really neat Ruger 96/44 at the shop today.A friend brought it in to taunt me knowing how weak I am in regard to ANY levergun,especially a Ruger.The serial number indicates 1997(second year of manufacture)as date it was made.It has an older Weaver 2.5X on it.I practically stole it.I gotta quit this.That's the second new toy in a week.
I am up early to go hunting this morning.I'll report progress in that respect (or lack of same) later today.
Snow???It is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny here today.I'm trying to decide whether or not to put sunscreen in my day pack.
Wearing,of course,my Camp Chickenbuck hat today.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey wait just a cotton pickin minute!

I know what Dave is up to! He's gone and figured out a way to have a back up weapon in the stand without having to carry another heavy rifle across the swamp!

Why that sneaky bugger is smugglin a rock shootin, pump action weiner wifle!

grin

I just got done reading the kidney stone thread and feel the need to apologize after reading the testimonials in there. My God! shocked I had no idea that they caused that kind of misery and I hope I never find out!

So my friend Dave, I humbly apologize for making light of your situation. OUCH! eek

Don't be silly rooster, what kind of guys would we be if we couldn't make fun of each other when we are enduring blinding pain? Lol!

Pam says I have to go in to see the gut pirates next week for a better assessment and a treatment plan.

Meanwhile I hope to harvest a few deer kidneys and save em in zip lock bags in case they figure I need new ones.

wink

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd love to see the look on the sawbones face when you bust out a zip-lock with a kidney in it and ask "will this help?"

grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Maybe I'll bring one in for a visual aid for when the doctor is trying to 'splain it all to me.

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It's snooooowing! The ground is white.

Our forecast has done a 180. We were originally on the Eastern edge of the front with a trace to 2" forecasted. Now the front has shifted to the East. Revised forecast calling for 3" to 5" or 5" to 8" depending on what channel your watching.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I would follow the channel that predicts the most snow.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You can have it Bill. I'm hoping with the purchase of a new snowblower...it will skip us all together this year. laugh

My FIL and MIL are on their way through it to come here today. That should be a fun trip.

Page 798 of 1,842 1 2 796 797 798 799 800 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 16penny, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.