M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Rooms,

Good to hear Karen is doing well.

I always liked Elmer Keith's line: "To hit is history, to miss is mystery."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Such as:

What's the best all-around cartridge?

Which is the best make and model of rifle?

What's the absolute most fantastic bullet design for every big game animal on earth?

The rather astonishing basis of all these questions is that somebody apparently believes The Answer will simplify life--but isn't looking for a simple answer.

John, your question reminds me of the description of academia from a former professor... "the fights are so bitter because the stakes are so low."

Pretty much describes the many rancorous 24hourcampfire debates in a nutshell... at least to me.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Good one, Al.

I like this one, too.

"There is no target so big or so close that I cannot miss it!"

I certainly am a living, walking testimony to the truth of that statement. It's amazing what I can miss ...

I'll see your misses and raise, er lessen yours. wink Have you missed at 5 yards? I did. And then watched it walk after a 50 yard sprint while I sat there and waited for it to drop as it sauntered out of range. (How could I have missed?)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Friend Klik,

You are a funny, funny man. Everybody knows that I can miss closer than you ... and WAY more often. gringringrin

Your buddy Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No miss is as embarrassing as a 'click' miss....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
No miss is as embarrassing as a 'click' miss....

Especially when it shows that you're flinching!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never had an issue with that but I can out blush most girls. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If your paddling your canoe down the street and the wheels fall off how many pancakes does it take to cover a dog house?

[Linked Image]

.264 barrel current number of shots:2122
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reflex264
If your paddling your canoe down the street and the wheels fall off how many pancakes does it take to cover a dog house?

Ha Ha, now there's a good old one I haven't seen a LONG while!

This thread is truly meaningless now. May it go on forever.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bump

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
TTT

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
How do I turn my Marlin 30-30 into a tack driving sniper rifle? Do I use Barnes bullets? It will shoot tighter groups with a S&B or Zeiss optic I'm sure. Does anyone buy Leupolds anymore? Leupolds are garbage compared to imported scopes. Buy Euro-optics for better groups!

When I shot my stock 308 Win, Rem 700 BDL using Core Lokts and IMR 4064 (yeah, I know it's a piece of [bleep], but hey, I can't afford a Sako), my group size shrunk from 1.5 @100 yd to 0.2 inches @ 100 yd. Wow, reloading works! Hey, if I buy premium bullets, will my groups shrink more?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm selling my CZ 452 and buying a Savage rimfire. I tried 46 different types and brands of RF ammunition and the cheap Savage beat my 452 every time! PS, bulk Win 555s shot better than Federal, Fiocchi, Lapua and Eley! No more expense ammunition for me!

The 243 is the perfect deer rifle for inexperienced or young shooters that are just learning to hunt. Females too. Personally however, I wouldn't tackle whitetails with anything less than a 30-06 stoked with Barnes bullets here in Vermont.

I have to visit Bass Pro and pick up some more camo duds for my coyote hunting trips. I've got three seasons worth of shirts, pants, jackets, etc. But need something for winter. They have a faux Ghilly suit on sale for $300 in the flyer. It's cheap I know (offshore made I think), but I can give it to my six year old when he grows into it.

I've got a Model 60 Marlin, 22 autoloader. Can anyone recommend a good scope for it? I had a 6.5x20 on it, but I think I need more magnification. The tree rats here in Maine can be hard to see, especially when it's dark.

My buddy says that using Lapua cases have cut his groups by 2/3s, fired from his Rem 7600. Has anyone else noticed this? Where can I get these cases?

As a long time hunter, I'm so glad that Winchester saw the light and dumped most of the standard chamberings and went with the WSMs.

I just bought a brand new Win Model 94 for $1000 - out the door! Incredible sale! They are the best 30-30 ever. Other guys suggested a used Win 94 or a new Henry, Marlin or Mossberg. Yuck! It's an original Winchester! Buy American! Don't buy imported!

I'll be whitetail hunting for the first time this year. I want a 6.5mm, just to be different. I had the chance to buy either a new Model 700 in 260 Rem or a barely used Sako in 6.5x55 for the same price. I picked the 260 because the 6.5x55 is an old cartridge and it's from Europe. Anybody suggest a couple of deer loads? I bought a press too.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Hey JB,

Did the results of your experiment match your hypothesis. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My all time favorite thread was the Sniper Rife Thread that morphed into a life of its own and had little to do with Sniper Rifles. I think its more of for entertainment value than anything else. Today i checked out a new book store that opened and since I am not much of an intellectual I had to check out the Magazine Rack. I picked up a Copy of Rifle about the only thing I remember about it is the photo of a truck bumper, had a good sticker on it " Guns don't kill People, drivers with cell phones do" or something to that effect, I was pretty bored. There was some fellow trying to shoot some rifle off the back end of that truck, something about 338's I think.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
bump

Hilarious, and only one word. smile smile smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or beump - one of the cable stations ran a Pink Panther marathon not long ago.

Clouseau: You have received a beump on the head.
Dreyfus: Beump?
Clouseau: What?
Dreyfus: You said beump.
Clouseau: Yes, I know that. It is a large beump. You could receive the concussion from such a beump.

And a true classic...

Clouseau: Does your dog bite?
Hotel Clerk: No.
Clouseau: [bowing down to pet the dog] Nice doggie.
[Dog barks and bites Clouseau in the hand]
Clouseau: I thought you said your dog did not bite!
Hotel Clerk: That is not my dog.

Well, it is a meaningless thread after all...

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This will transcend the Sniper Rifle thread, and maybe even the Baboon Ass thread. Maybe. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's crackers to slip a rozzer, the dropsy in snide.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
82 oranges because dog houses don't have sleeves wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve, who could forget Mad Magazine? Spy vs. Spy was my favorite.

The higher you fly, the much. -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (160user, 12savage, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,171
Posts18,523,652
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.