Hop To
Page 801 of 1,842 1 2 799 800 801 802 803 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
I don't think Daves going to make it hunting this morning. I tink he's celebrating res deer slaying! Good to see u tonight dave and crew. Hopefully make it there for crapolades tomorrow!

Sitting on a stump out in da woods right now. Made it out hunt'n just fine this mornin grin

Not very nice of missy to take all the card playing money at your camp last night lol!

RWS shot a bumpy headed nubber for those asking.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TJAY
Where he fell photo.

[Linked Image]

Good job Tjay ! I had to re-read sone post I first thought that coke can was the method of kill ! or maybe you have NASCAR contract lol but either way cool pics.

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had some luck this morning, .243 70 gr BT, facing me at the bottom of a draw about 100 yards. not the shot I wanted but a doe snuck up behind me and blew the whistle so I had to take the shot or let him go. I squeezed and down he went. took out one lung and half his heart. not the biggest I've seen by a long shot, but he'll eat well.

[Linked Image]

way to go on your deer RWS!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice buck Ryan!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks! it was him or a spike or a doe. I opted for him, in the 2 hours we were out there hunting (public land) we had 7 trucks drive out there, through the property and leave.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very cool Tzone. It's always nice to see something. I almost saw more moose this year than deer (no pics though). Opening day I had a large bodied, small racked bull moose feed about 25 yards away from me while I sat on a rock among the quakies. Nothin' the rest of the day but five grouse.

A week later, while trying to fill a cow elk tag my BIL and I stalked into a big ol' bull and cow moose. It was fun to see them as we didn't see anything else until about 3 minutes before the end of legal shooting light. And that was nothing more than a small herd of does with a few fawns.

The next day at first light my dad and I stalked into a feeding cow moose. We watched it and slowly tried to creep past it for about five minutes. It finally spooked and while running off it jumped a doe w/ a fawn. About 10 minutes later wily coyote bust out the brush about 80 yards above my dad. An hour later, I jumped three more does among the pines and quakies.

So, I saw less than 10 does and fawns and 4 moose while having a cow elk and buck deer tag in my pocket... crazy

Good luck today chickenbucker's.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice buck Ryan.

Do you have any tags left?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nice job Ryan! I'm sitting in my stand watching a pine martin below me. Funny little guy, brown fur on this one. He sure is a busy little guy.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice buck ryan! Just walking out to the stand a while ago we chased a buck n two does off the field. Should have been out a bit sooner but oh well. Hoping to get my daughter some shooting tonight yet. It was good muddy took there money. I had lost enough to them guys. Hoping to drive out tonight if all works out.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Last half an hour for the evening hunt, fingers crossed for my fellow chickenbuckers.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good job Ryan. Nice to see you score on a nice buck.

Report from Tent Camp Isabell... DIL told me to go out and shoot one for her. So I went out to a stand at 1245 and at 1.20 a big doe came running by so I shot her. Called DIL on the radio and she came a gutted and dragged it to the truck. It does not get any better than that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't get any better than that!

thanks all, honestly its a little small for the area I hunt but I'm proud as hell of it, I care more about the meat than the horns.

buschy, I know your lil girl will get her a nice whitetail specimen

RWS,ND if ya'll need anymore steel jaws just let me know, they will be up there in a jiffy.

good luck everyone huntin, especially the chickenbuckers! wish I were there. tomorrow we're gonna try to get kendra a doe, hopefully with video footage, we'll see. if it happens I'll post it

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nothing happened for our group last night. I was quite surprised this morning when I grabbed the card out of my trail cam on my way to my stand though. I checked the card when I got up into my stand.I had a visitor at my mineral blocks last night...

Guesses?

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Bullwinkle J. Moose?

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 11/13/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Who knew that black bears liked apple flavored mineral blocks with molasses deer atractant poured on top?

Sonofabich took the whole block!

That wasn't the little brick sized either it was the big size!

Stupid bear! That was for the deer! mad

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yogi Bear?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
your 264 will kill him too ya know

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Who knew that black bears liked apple flavored mineral blocks with molasses deer atractant poured on top?

Sonofabich took the whole block!

That wasn't the little brick sized either it was the big size!

Stupid bear! That was for the deer! mad

Thieves should be shot on site!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh wait, I can see the block now, or at least part of it. He must have rolled it some and chomped enough to figure out it aint as good as it smells.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ND havent heard anybody mention wild pigs in your neck of the woods. Do you guy's have them yet? The block story made me think I have had pigs here carry off the small blocks . Hopefully its too cold up there for them .

Page 801 of 1,842 1 2 799 800 801 802 803 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.