-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 803 of 1,842 1 2 801 802 803 804 805 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another fun weekend at camp. It was different though without the whole crew there.

BushPilot I feel real bad about taking your buddies money playing cards. smile

Trying to decide when to go back up. Thinking maybe Thursday afternoon. Will be interesting to see if there are any pictures on my camera in the cedars at the ground blind.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Muffy, speaking of cameras, I still have 2 out. 1 of them had 252 pictures on it, but i didnt pull the card. For all I know, it might be 252 pictures of the sunrise. The other one....well....there is a lesson to be learned with the other one, and that is.....it is always best to turn them on! eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did that this year too, put it up in the perfect spot, and forgot to turn the dang thing on!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Condolances BM.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Muffy, I am glad you took their money cuz they got all mine too! Was planning coming out Saturday night when we got bombarded by company all night. always this weekend again. Glad you all could stop by. I did see quite a few deer this weekend but had the daughter out and almost got a shot off yesterday when the barrel was going out the window adn we got spotted. Bummed me out. so we'll try again this weekned.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Hey Muffy, speaking of cameras, I still have 2 out. 1 of them had 252 pictures on it, but i didnt pull the card. For all I know, it might be 252 pictures of the sunrise. The other one....well....there is a lesson to be learned with the other one, and that is.....it is always best to turn them on! eek

Dang now you got me thinkin',I'm sure I turned it on. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Venison sausage, eggs, cheese, Texas Pete hot sauce = GOOD MONDAY MORNING!!!!!

smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Getting ready for opening day in NY on Saturday!!! These posts are getting me excited!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
We're saving the best for last. The weather man says winter will be here by the weeks end.

I'm hoping to see some snow up there for the black powder. It was too dang hot in this direction this year so far.

I'm taking mini-man with me on Sunday so I don't think we'll have a bunch of deer sightings, but if we do I'm going to try to ventilate one.

The deer haven't exactly been coming to me this year so I guess I have to put some miles on the boots and bring me to them.

I've never been able to walk one up. Maybe that will change in couple weeks. wink

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I walked up on one years ago. Wind was in my face and a light rain was falling. Turns out the deer was a late fawn and couldn't have weighed 40 pounds. I was so close I could have extended my rifle a touched it on the butt. Wind must have shifted a bit and it caught my scent. It snapped it's head around and saw me. Boy did it come unglued.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by mule1
I like em .243s!

fixed it for ya

At least you didnt fix it to .277 (gag barf)! I will prolly hunt with my Md 7 .243 this weekend some. The 7mm mag just seems like a bit of over kill since most of my shots will be under 150 yards .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Muffy
Another fun weekend at camp. It was different though without the whole crew there.

BushPilot I feel real bad about taking your buddies money playing cards. smile

Trying to decide when to go back up. Thinking maybe Thursday afternoon. Will be interesting to see if there are any pictures on my camera in the cedars at the ground blind.

Muffy aka Muddy aka Anni Duke! I thought your avatar looked a lot like the pro poker player! HA

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
I walked up on one years ago. Wind was in my face and a light rain was falling. Turns out the deer was a late fawn and couldn't have weighed 40 pounds. I was so close I could have extended my rifle a touched it on the butt. Wind must have shifted a bit and it caught my scent. It snapped it's head around and saw me. Boy did it come unglued.

Should have reached for your butt-out tool. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I just got done putting in 6 hours in the blind today hoping a big 'ol rutty buck would be cruisin the river bottoms. It was a combination of rain, sleet and snow for the early part of the sit. Then it cleared up and became nice for the latter part of the afternoon.

I seen a total of two crows and a bald eagle for the day. Man, where are the deer at??

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I just got done putting in 6 hours in the blind today hoping a big 'ol rutty buck would be cruisin the river bottoms. It was a combination of rain, sleet and snow for the early part of the sit. Then it cleared up and became nice for the latter part of the afternoon.

I seen a total of two crows and a bald eagle for the day. Man, where are the deer at??

Dangit man! sorry about your day maybe its time for some

FOOTBALL!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I got another one..... grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mule1
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Dangit man! sorry about your day maybe its time for some

FOOTBALL!

You know it! Came home and stuck my hunting clothes in the tote, switched into a pair of shorts and my Percy Harvin jersey, cracked a beer and now waitin for the game to start!

Making a certain team 8-1 would almost make up for a not so hot day of hunting!

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tom264
I got another one..... grin

Darn rubber inner!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I went to the gun club today and shot the new-to-me Ruger .44 lever action.It has an older Weaver K2.5 which is perfect for a .44 magnum.Only took seven or eight shots to get it zeroed.I got a feeling it is going to be one heck of a pig gun.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 803 of 1,842 1 2 801 802 803 804 805 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.