Print Thread
Hop To
Page 806 of 1,842 1 2 804 805 806 807 808 1841 1842
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Colarado1135
You going back out goat hunting during the secon chance season?
That should be coming up soon.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
there's a second chance season?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by bigbrie
Grizzly bill are you in a herd control unit? and if yes how many doe tags are you going to buy? Good luck every body lets control that herd. laugh

I'm in unit 19 and it's a herd control unit. I only bought 1 extra tag. So I have 2 doe and 1 buck tags.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My buddy came up this PM and we loaded up his truck. We're pulling out around 6:45 AM tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone, I'm out of here. I'll be back on-line on the 29th.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Go get em Bill!!!

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck Grizzly_bill. Stack up a bunch of fuzzy windchimes wouldjaya please?

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good luck Bill! Be safe and shoot a rutty stinky cheese-filled buck!

Yeah, I am kinda sad the season is over, I had a lot of fun hunting those deers.

But now roodies.

Hey Ryan, is the job slowing down a little?

Hey Stan, any luck on those deers? I dont know how you keep all those guns in line. Dont some of them get jealous that your are dating the other ones?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
define slowing down, lol. more like changing gears.
this week I'm winterizing equipment, securing our winter storage and making what little preps I can towards spring. starting next week I'll likely be tree thinning for the next few months, not looking forward to it considering it will be a lot of physical labor and my back just can't handle it.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Berettaman,nope.No luck yet.Here it is Wednesday morning and my buddies and I had planned to go today but woke up to rain.
My guns all get along well.They know I love 'em all.Each has a special place in my estimation.
The only one kinda chafing at the bit is the Mosin sporter I built a couple of years ago.It hasn't been out in the woods this year.I have taken it to the range.One of the most accurate rifles I own.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Rooster,

When I use the ground blinds for turkey hunting, I leave a few of the stakes out and just lift it up and sneak under. You're right on, that zipper sounds like you could hear it for miles in the early AM, especially when you're trying not to make any noise.

Now why didn't I think of that?? confused I was seriously going to give up on the blind because of it. Thanks Tom.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh Stan, dont let the unrest invade your herd of guns. That stuff can spread fast. Guns can behave like a gaggle of wome.....nah, I aint gonna say it. But they can get jealous mighty easy. Best take that Mosin out for a drive if nothing else.

Ryan, it sounds like you are living the dream from here! Most of us get to do that type of stuff on the weekends if we are lucky! Good luck with the back though, that part is concerning.

So Bill is on the way to deer camp. he seems like a fun guy to pull a practical joke on....maybe someone can run up there and fill his stand up with marshmallows or something?

ND, any good jokes this year from Chickenbuck?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Myeahhh...

lemme see.....

You know those big boxes of milk duds that you get at the movies?

And when you open the box to shake out a handful of duds you sometimes get a gob of duds stuck together?

I gave it a name.

It's called......

"A dud clot"

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bahahahahahahaha! Good one Dave!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Myeahhh...

lemme see.....

You know those big boxes of milk duds that you get at the movies?

And when you open the box to shake out a handful of duds you sometimes get a gob of duds stuck together?

I gave it a name.

It's called......

"A dud clot"

Hey bud...... Um those "stuck together duds".....

I saw some deer playing a practical joke on you. They didn't think that you'd actually eat them...

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Couldn't have been our deer. Our deers are are on too lean of a diet and are run too hard by the DNR for dropping clots.

Our deer poop out one dusty dry pellet every 15 to 20 days, and that's all.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tzone
Rooster,

When I use the ground blinds for turkey hunting, I leave a few of the stakes out and just lift it up and sneak under. You're right on, that zipper sounds like you could hear it for miles in the early AM, especially when you're trying not to make any noise.

Now why didn't I think of that?? confused I was seriously going to give up on the blind because of it. Thanks Tom.

Not the greatest if the ground is wet, but you should be fine right now.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Colorado1135
My buddy in Rapid said unused loper tags could be used in late Nov. Lasty year it was in early Jan. but he said they moved it to last of deer season to maybe get more doing it. I looked on the website but didn't find anything. I would check with Fish and game if interested.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Things are looking up a little, well we will see at camp this weekend. I made lefsa to bring up nort this weekend and when I was diging in my storage building for the lefsa stuff I found something. MY CHICKENBUCK CAP!!!!!! I have felt lost without it.

I had a wierd dream lastnight. I got out to the ground blind in the cedars where I have my trail camera, sat down and checked the pictures. Here this guy was sitting in the blind and he had moved the camera so it was behind him and it had pictures of him shooting a 12 point buck! I was so mad! I woke up sweating.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Muffy, I hope you or one of the Chickenbuckaroos does nail a big ol' 12 pointer! C'mon folks, I am pulling fer ya!

Are you gonna have snow? It keeps trying to snow here, but there is no snow. It is cold however, with a biting wind out of the west. I hope you have cold, snow and calm conditions this weekend.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Muffy
I had a wierd dream lastnight. I got out to the ground blind in the cedars where I have my trail camera, sat down and checked the pictures. Here this guy was sitting in the blind and he had moved the camera so it was behind him and it had pictures of him shooting a 12 point buck! I was so mad! I woke up sweating.

Talk about a nightmare!

Good luck on avenging that one.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Page 806 of 1,842 1 2 804 805 806 807 808 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.