Print Thread
Hop To
Page 808 of 1,842 1 2 806 807 808 809 810 1841 1842
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BrentD
Back in the day, a Minnesota hunter could hang his deer tag on a beer if he so chose.

Is this still true?

Brent

I'm guessin you could hang your tag on a BEER, but you don't need a tag...

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Actually if we could take all the unused tags from past years in for a refund, I think we'd break the DNR.

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
+1 on that ND

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had a balmy 17* so it made it this was too. I'll have to put on the Carhartt's this morning when I go out to check on da crews.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
10 here. we are 10 times warmer than ND was (well before the 1 flipped to 0 anyways).

I got the urge to hunt the wily ringneck, but the wife's gramma died so we have a funeral tomorrow. Prolly wont get out this weekend.

I think we should call NDs office while he is barracaded in there and grunt at him over the phone!

Hey ND! "urrrrrrp...urrrrrp....urp..urp..urp" laugh

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey BM,

Do you know anyone in my neck of the woods that does pest control? We have a critter in the walls. I think it's in the dryer vent, but I'm not 100% sure.

I called a few places and they want to get rid of it in an ECO-friendly way. I say B.S. on that deal.

Then I called a place and talked to a nice lady that is Ted's secratary.

At first it sounded like another ECO-friendly place, but when I told here I don't care if they have to drag it out of the house by it's teeth, then pull it around the yard in a ball of fire to show his little friends to stay the hell out of my yard, she chuckled and said "Oh! Then I'll call Ted. Make sure you tell him that,and he'll probably do it."

I told her I think I like Ted already and she said "some people don't really want to know what we have to do to get stuff out of the house."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Headed back home tonight after work!

I'm literally shaking with excitement about this weekend. It's opening day of rifle season for me and I can't wait!

Got the 30-06 sighted in, got a spot all picked out (with about 4 backups) and I am ready.

I spent last night and this morning going through my stuff to ensure that I have everything I need...thermos, knives, drag rope, back tag holder, jacket, bibs, vest, boots, warm socks, boolits, seat...

Ugh! Other than the rifle, I know I am missing something that is mega importante...I will figure it all out...as soon as I sit down in the woods on Saturday morning!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I think we are breaking camp Friday. Wife said she has had enough fun for one trip. It was been another grood season and we have even taken a few deer. Each family that comes to camp has deer for the freezer. I will post pictures and more info when I get home to a much faster connection. Good luck to all this weekend and for the rest of the season.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heading to Chickenbuck after I drop the little one off at daycare. Hope to be on my way by noon.

Good luck everyone!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I guess I better get out there and light the wood stove then.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When the heck did you get a little one? Is that why you don't post much? laugh

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Laterz.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Hey BM,

Do you know anyone in my neck of the woods that does pest control? We have a critter in the walls. I think it's in the dryer vent, but I'm not 100% sure.

I called a few places and they want to get rid of it in an ECO-friendly way. I say B.S. on that deal.

Then I called a place and talked to a nice lady that is Ted's secratary.

At first it sounded like another ECO-friendly place, but when I told here I don't care if they have to drag it out of the house by it's teeth, then pull it around the yard in a ball of fire to show his little friends to stay the hell out of my yard, she chuckled and said "Oh! Then I'll call Ted. Make sure you tell him that,and he'll probably do it."

I told her I think I like Ted already and she said "some people don't really want to know what we have to do to get stuff out of the house."

That is funny.

Eco friendly only goes so far anyhow. I'll never forget the neighbor that got pissed at me for using a pellet gun on red squirrels. Then, a few weeks after chastising me about hurting little furry animals, one chews into her wall through the attic vent and dies, stinking up the place.

The next thing you know, I have a plate of cookies and a "shoot to kill" request from the hippy neighbor. She even asked if she should put something out for them to eat so I could shoot them easier/faster/better/deader.

When real life collides with ideology, real life often wins......,

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, now I have different issue. The vent isn't the dryer vent. I don't know what else it could be. I can hear it as I'm typing this and it's driving me nuts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
....short trip....

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
TZ unless you figure where it is getting in and out, killing the animal is pointless in the long run.

The "Simple" solution is find out where the entrance/exit is. Next, figure what it is (diurnal squirrel), nocturnal rat, whatever.
Wait until it removes itself to do its daily chores.
Seal the entrance.

Cheap, simple, but not necessarily easy. If you find the hole, I can probably suggest a few ways to seal it permanently.

IF you think it really is confined to the vent, run something like a plumber's snake down there and let it use that to climb out on its own.

Last edited by BrentD; 11/17/11.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Killing it is REVENGE for driving him nutzoid

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sewer snake I tell ya. Or throw an ECO-rope down there & let it crawl out.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Well, now I have different issue. The vent isn't the dryer vent. I don't know what else it could be. I can hear it as I'm typing this and it's driving me nuts.

Do you have bathroom in the basement? exhaust vent for the fart fan?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Sewer snake I tell ya. Or throw an ECO-rope down there & let it crawl out.

And then step on it...right?

or shoot it.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Page 808 of 1,842 1 2 806 807 808 809 810 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 24 invisible), 1,636 guests, and 940 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.