Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
99_D Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm looking to buy another 99 in 250 or 300 but I don't know of anyone in the Dallas area that has any on a regular basis. I saw John Elder mentioned in a thread, but no contact information.

Is there anyone that puts out a sale list or is there someone on here that has one they want to sell so they can upgrade? I'm looking for a hunting rifle not a safe queen. 40's to 50's with decent wood and a peep sight.

Any help? I can tell this is going to be worse than my bamboo rod affliction. I've got some good Granger & Heddon bamboo rods I'll trade for a nice 99.

I really like lever action rifles. Sure it's romantic, but it's also very American.

I just wanted him to know, that I'm a bull too!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Might consider an Orvis or Leonard for one. grin whistle

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most of us have to hit the internet auction sites, or spend big $$ on gas hitting the gun shops and pawn shops hoping for that rare deal.

Occasionally it pays off.

99_D Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I have trimmed down to the two Orvis rods I'm keeping, 8' 6wt & 7' 4wt. I have an unmarked 8 1/2' Leonard (so called by John Bradford) and an 8 1/2' Tournament with a few repairs. But I'm sure you're looking for a 7' or 7'-6" Leonard.

I have a really nice Heddon Lyon & Coulson 8' 3/2 original bag & tube. The only caveat is the grip is very worn.

I did find some decent listings on GI, so will head that direction for leads.

Peace

I really like lever action rifles. Sure it's romantic, but it's also very American.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Try Gunbroker.com, I've had 7 successful transactions with sellers there. I check their past transactions' feedback, then write a letter once I win the lottery with the specifics of the deal. This I mail (registered with signature required) with a Postal Money Order for the amount and shipping. If the transaction goes south, the seller may face investigation by Federal Postal Authorities...ie a Fed offense. I've been happy so far, items were as listed. Good luck, Rod

Last edited by Rodfac; 11/22/11.

Thank a vet for your freedoms to worship, assemble, speech and vote. Preachers, politicians, journalists, and other elected officials had nothing to do with it.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rodfac
Try Gunbroker.com, I've had 7 successful transactions with sellers there. I check their past transactions' feedback, then write a letter once I win the lottery with the specifics of the deal. This I mail (registered with signature required) with a Postal Money Order for the amount and shipping. If the transaction goes south, the seller may face investigation by Federal Postal Authorities...ie a Fed offense. I've been happy so far, items were as listed. Good luck, Rod
"condition is what you need to be aware of" if the seller does not have a "customery 3 day inspection" be cautious, the only ones I worry about (not getting the firearm) are new sellers with no feedback history

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
PM me with a list of what you are looking for. I have a few I might be willing to part with and am in the San Antonio area.

Scott

99_D Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I found a 99A serial # 246,XXX take down rifle in 300 yesterday and paid some down on it. It has been D&T'd and has a 40's era scope on it.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,546
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.