Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

HERE IS ONE EXAMPLE OF WHY OUR TAXES ARE SO HIGH...grandparents in Canada living on low fixed incomes are being made to pay taxes and THIS is what our governments think is necessary??? OMG

The Department of Canadian Heritage is launching its third call for
proposals under the Canada Interactive Fund (CIF) for the 2012-2013 fiscal
year.

The Canada Interactive Fund (CIF) aims to support the creation of digital
and interactive Canadian cultural content, developed by official-language
minority communities (OLMCs), Aboriginal and ethnocultural organizations,
and other non-profit organizations.

User experience is a key element of the CIF. To be eligible, projects must:

� Propose interactive digital cultural content and/or applications;
� Ensure that content and/or applications are available in at least
one
official language;
� Involve the clearing of all applicable copyright;
� Commit to adhering to the Technical Standards and Guidelines for the
Canada Interactive Fund;
� Request funding for no more than 60% of the total cost of the
project, up to a maximum of
$500 000;

The CIF will provide funding to projects that are based on interactivity
and innovation, offering users unique, personalized and enriching
experiences through cultural content.

Who can apply?

OLMC, Aboriginal, ethnocultural and other-not-for-profit cultural
organizations;
� First Nations Tribal or Band Councils, Inuit organizations and M�tis
organizations;
� Canadian educational institutions; and
� Provincial/ territorial or municipal government institutions, e.g.
museums, cultural associations.

The 2012-13 Canada Interactive Fund Guidelines are available on our Web
site below. Please note that the application deadline is January 9, 2012.

If you require additional information, please contact our office at:

Telephone: 1-866-811-0055 (toll free) or
819-997-0055 (National Capital Region)
E-mail: cif-ficpch.gc.ca

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welfare with a different label, so they can hire a whole heap of new [bleep] graduates to hand it out to other [bleep] who can't find a job or never have the intention of wearing a hard hat.
Drinking beer in the local pub, or taking drugs is now a cultural right and being interactive sharing a bottle of wine behind the dumpster at 09:00 in the morning. The only art form they know is the jail house tatoo and the cultural artist who applies them to their terminally stupid heads.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I didn't see any relationship to homosexuality in your post.

So, I am confused.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There must be some funding available that you can apply for, a paid holiday for 3 months because you can't teach in a confused mode. If the government can give maturnity leave to two Lesbians that adopt or to two Homo's that adopt anything goes man.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Welfare with a different label, so they can hire a whole heap of new [bleep] graduates to hand it out to other [bleep] who can't find a job or never have the intention of wearing a hard hat.
Drinking beer in the local pub, or taking drugs is now a cultural right and being interactive sharing a bottle of wine behind the dumpster at 09:00 in the morning. The only art form they know is the jail house tatoo and the cultural artist who applies them to their terminally stupid heads.

Perfect!..
You certainly have a way with words..
laugh laugh laugh

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by BCBrian

So, I am confused.

You confuse easily because you can't read and don't have the common sense to understand what you do read..
Which is sad because most of your fellow teachers are denser than yourself.. frown

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ah OK.

Where do you buy your stuff anyway - it must be pretty strong... wink

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Nrut
Originally Posted by BCBrian

So, I am confused.

You confuse easily because you can't read and don't have the common sense to understand what you do read..
Which is sad because most of your fellow teachers are denser than yourself.. frown

And, might I ask - what illustrious occupation has been gifted with your own stellar intellect? grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My mother RIP had a book keeping business here in rural BC..
We were talking about her bussiness one day and she off handly said that of all the people she did taxes for that the teachers as a group had the least common sense..
But then again she mostly did books for ranchers, farmers, millworkers, miners and loggers..
Me?
After college (aggie, biosci) I went to OCS at Quantico (65 on the draft lottery in 1969).
After the service I was office manager at a feedlot, then southern div. labor manger for the second largest produce company in the US, then managed a crop dusting outfit..
Three Hillers and 12 ground rigs..
When I moved up here I worked on my folks ranch and when they sold it I went into logging..
I am retired now..

Are you on recess now or are you taking a "sick day" ??

Last edited by Nrut; 11/23/11.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
BTW Brian,
I don't claim to be all that smart (something that you learn from old age), but on the other hand I am not a complete idiot and or a attention whore..
Nor do I waste that much time with them unless it's for sport..

hint..

Last edited by Nrut; 11/23/11.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
A government wasting money?????

Say it isn't so!

Nothing here folks, keep on moving.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
If being retired means that the highlight of my day will be coming onto forums and bashing my fellow hunters, I think I'll keep working

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
After college (aggie, biosci) I went to OCS at Quantico (65 on the draft lottery in 1969).

I don't understand this statement. When I was drafted in 1969, there was no draft lottery; at least not to my knowledge. The lottery came later. Perhaps I am simply misunderstanding you. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by greydog

I don't understand this statement. When I was drafted in 1969, there was no draft lottery; at least not to my knowledge. The lottery came later. Perhaps I am simply misunderstanding you. GD

I believe that the first U.S. draft lottery was held in Dec. 1969 and was effective for the 1970 calendar year.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by John_G
Originally Posted by greydog

I believe that the first U.S. draft lottery was held in Dec. 1969 and was effective for the 1970 calendar year.

That is correct..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_lottery_(1969)
The Marine Corps had a 6 month delay program and I signed up for that and reported to OCS in the fall of 1970..

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nrut
BTW Brian,
I don't claim to be all that smart (something that you learn from old age), but on the other hand I am not a complete idiot and or a attention whore..
Nor do I waste that much time with them unless it's for sport..

hint..

I like sports!! ;-)

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
BC M�tis Federation and KLMSS Partner to Secure $16,000 for Community Based Project
Kelly Lake M�tis Settlement Society (KLMSS) has been awarded a project to support culture for their families in Kelly Lake. BC M�tis Federation is pleased to support KLMSS and more importantly how 100% of the program resources will be used to support direct benefits for the community.

BC M�tis Federation congratulates KLMSS President Lyle Letendre for his success and thanks BCAAFC for their recognition and support for M�tis community cultural needs.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

My name is Tania Koenig-Gauchier and I am an Online Community Mobilizer for Ashoka Canada�s initiative, �Inspiring Approaches to First Nations, M�tis and Inuit Learning�. This online Initiative is calling for ideas and projects that support lifelong learning for First Nations, M�tis and Inuit people in Canada. The best ideas and projects will be awarded cash prizes and winners will be invited to a final Summit where we will link them with major funders, philanthropists, and other influential people who can help them really get their idea or project off the ground. The top two entries from British Columbia will each receive a $5,000.00 award.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They just keep finding ways to give away all those tax dollars they collect of my pay checks. It's no wonder this country is running a deficit!!!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

$66,000,000.00 and they want more!!! Our governments have gone friggin' mad!!! I shouldn't have to pay taxes to support this garbage!!!!!!!

OTTAWA-The commission created to delve into the dark history of Indian residential schools in Canada says it can�t afford to execute its full mandate to collect historical records because the federal government and the churches won�t pay for the costs.

The Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) also says it is having difficulty prying the historical records from the hands of churches and the federal government.

The TRC was created as part of the federal government�s massive billion dollar court settlement with residential school students.

In total, Parliament approved $66 million for the TRC to use.

About 150,000 children were forced to attend residential schools. Many were taken from their homes with the help of the RCMP. There, children suffered physical and sexual abuse and many died from disease and violence.

The schools aimed to purge Indigenous culture from the children by forcing them to lose their language and adopt European ways.

Some academic research has found that the aims and tactics of the residential school system fit the definition of being an act of genocide.

The TRC, however, believes its budget may not be enough to meet its mandate to compile the brutal history of residential schools in Canada.

The TRC says it needs more money, in part because of the added costs it foresees associated with gathering historical records, according to a performance report it submitted to the federal government�s Treasury Board Secretariat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,585
Posts18,511,051
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.