Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wow, you should see the crap-storm that is being generated on Accurate Reloading! Apparently, one of Adam' clients got screwed by the outfit that Adam knew had problems...ended up doing a bunch of illegal stuff like shooting an elephant calf, shooting from vehicles and boats etc. There's even some experienced PH named Buzz Charlton that says that the elephant that was shot might not even be a Bull elephant!

Now the Booking agent Adam Clements does not want to refund the hunter.

Bad review Adam Clements Safari Trackers Problems on AR

Look at what a $10,000 "Trophy" fee on an "Trophy" Bull (maybe cow/calf)elephant got the guy:

[Linked Image]

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If the hunter doesn't know the difference between what he shot and a decent bull, I'm not sympathetic.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Maybe you should read the post. Adam has refunded more than the hunter originally asked incuding his entire commission The baby elephant was disgusting and I blame the PH.

Mark Young had nothing to do with the booking, it was Adam's client.

The client was not lily white in this mess nor was Adam perfect. Most of the blame lies on the outfitter and the PH.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike70560
and with 38 posts, and for full-disclosure, what is your relation with Adam Clements?

It is not a one-sided issue for sure. That said, If anyone reads the thread that I posted above, they'll see that Adam Clements is definitely very much to blame for a lot of the issues.

And Mark has been involved in this:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
I for one would love to hear Adam's response to this.

Also, I thought that Mark was NOT involved with this...what is the PM all about?

Originally Posted by Nakihunter
My real issue is with the lawyer Dawnroar.

Why did you bring up the issue of the lost buffalo first?
How did you know about it?
Why are you not holding Adam responsible for forgetting to hold the trophy fee when he knew that the elephant was a calf?
Why are you not holding Adam responsible for not ensuring that the client got to hunt with the correct PH rather than a black listed one?
Why are you not holding Adam & Wayne responsible for not communicating with each other in the best interst of the client - firstly when Tim was assigned to the safari and secondly when the elephant was shot & it was obviously a BIG problem?
Why are you not askng about Mark's first couple of post & its innuendos?
Why are you still not asking Adam to take 50% of the responsibility for the various failures on his part to provide the best service to his client?
Why are you brushing off the problem as "Adam made some mistakes"?
Is failing to provide the contracted services and using a black listed PH who beaks the law just "some mistakes"?
Is passing on the offer of substituted ivory just "some mistake"?
Is exposing the client to Lacey act culpability just "some mistake"?

As a lawyer I thought you would have exhibited your professional credibility a lot better than this.

I do not buy your story and your plea of being just a hunter & a friend of Adam. You owe yourself some hard truths and you need to stop assumiung that we in AR are dumb enough to swallow rubbish! I get really mad when people try to pull the wool over everyones eye and pretend to be doing them a favour! I always liked Lincoln's saying "You cannot fool all the people all the time"!!

Thanks to Saeed & AR members for exposing this sad issue in such detail. I hope my first African safari will be better than this. It will definitly not be through or with Adam, Mark or Wayne / Tim.

I guess I am lucky to have a good friend who has invited me on a 2 on 1 in Zim in 2013. I know my money will be well spent.

Originally Posted by Mark H. Young
All Gone,

I guess you must realize that this is an international forum so basically you've already let the cat out of the bag so to speak and made your intent to write a negative report quite clear.
Mark

Originally Posted by All Gone
I feel like i should let you know that in a previous post i stated that Adam said he had a few issues with Jimba. That was incorrect, the complaints were with PH Tim L. not Jimba.

After that, Adam had an agreement with WD that his clients would only have him {WD} as a PH.

I was not aware of this until yesterday.

Which brings up another big question.

Why didn't Adam tell me this before the hunt so i would have known to call him right away when i found out that WD was not going to be my PH.

I feel that Adam is turning this on me as being my fault that i didn't call as soon as i knew this. How the hell was i supposed know all this was going on with an outfitter that he endorsed and was sending me with.

Is this a question i should have asked? How could i possibly ask all the questions to cover every possible scenario?

Adam also wanted to know why i didn't call as soon as the ele was shot so he could jump in and fix things right away. Was i supposed to ask Tim if i could use his phone so i could call Adam and tell him that Tim just told me to shoot a little ele? Like anyone was going to believe me over the PH until they seen pics.

Sorry for the rant and the negitvity but this whole thing really stinks. I just needed to let off some steam!

AG

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Plus, seems like Adam has a lawyer speaking for him and it's been three weeks and he hasn't solved his client's problem. And Why?

Further:
Originally Posted by Jack D Bold

It would be this hard when you are dealing with Adam Clements. If you recall, a while back a client of Mr. Clements had valuable items stolen from him an a "secure" camp. After many months of feet dragging and vitriol directed at the client, Mr. Clements finally settled for pennies on the dollar. The smart money says history will repeat itself. Sorry AG.

The bigger picture as I see it is the ethics of the operation. Mr Clements and his Wyoming based partner run the used car lot of African hunting. They are known to promote anything they can make a buck on. An illegal hunt in Moz pops to mind. Or hunts offered with NO personal experience with whom they are shilling for. Seen that too. Or selling from an internet broadcast then adding 20% for himself. Any of those hitting home Mark?

So when a hunt goes sideways, it is then easy to brush aside any responsibility. What are they to do but ring their hands, then hope the whole thing blows over?

No, if a hunt goes this defective, and it was arranged by the recommendation of a professional, I would expect the check book to be whipped out and this sad situation be made right - with no more delay to the client.

Jack Sissoyev,
Covina, CA

And the client is so frustrated - E-mail of Problems with Adam Clements Safari Trackers from Client
Originally Posted by All Gone
This is my reply e-mail i sent to Adam a couple of days ago. I'm not going to show his, if he wants to he can. I have no reply to this one yet.

Adam,

I talked to Wayne today. He told me this was all my fault because i didn't call him after the ele fiasco. I said don't you think Tim should have said something about the ele. He said it wasen't Tims hunt it was your hunt. I said yes it was my hunt and you deciding that your meeting was more important than my hunt and you left a POS for a PH their for me on my very first once in a lifetime African safari. Plus you went back on your word with Adam that all his clients were to hunt with you. I told him that he stabbed you and i both in the back on that one. He said it wouldn't have made a difference and changed the subject again right away. Bottom line he took no responsibility whatsoever Adam.

Thats the same thing you are doing. Trying to put this whole thing on me. I was willing to take half the blame Adam Clements and thought you would be man enough to take the other half but i guess not. You keep telling everyone that i should have called you as soon as i found out that Wayne was not to be my PH. Why didn't you tell me upfront the deal you had with Wayne? How long would that have taken you? Were you afraid that if you told me this that i would have thought that something was wrong with this outfit?

Tell me how i am turning things around on AR, i'm not sure what you are talking about?

You have your Dawnroar the lawyer whore go on in front of you, he did everything but introduce you to the crowd. You guys feel you have to gang up on me ? Really? Am i that big of a threat to you? I thought you said you didn't care what anybody said on AR.

Adam, what i would like from you is to come on AR and tell everyone that you take half the blame for the communication breakdown about me not knowing the deal you had with Wayne and not telling me ahead of time. I would also like for you to admit there were problems with this outfitter in the past which i know there was. Please tell us how you forgot to tell accounting to not send tha ele trophy fee also. I would like you to tell everyone that the 3 or 4 contacts between us a week was not true. I was in contact with Jamie that much in your Lubbick office but but not you in the San Antonio office. You know as well as i do Adam that the only time you contacted me was after i called you first. I will let everyone know about the PM that Mark sent me. If he wants to put it all out there Adam i say lets do it, It's on! I am not going away Adam until this thing is resolved. I feel like i have been robbed of my first safari and i don't like it at all!!

Richard

IC B2

M
M
I'll get the popcorn ready

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
and with 38 posts, and for full-disclosure, what is your relation with Adam Clements?

I seem to forget that number of posts equates to real world experience. Here is 39th.

My first hunt was with Adam Clements in Tanzania. He was the outfitter not the booking agent as he hunts his own properties in Tanzania. He is also a licensed Tanzania PH. My third hunt was booked through Mark Young with Mokore Safaris in Mozambique and Zimbabwe. I have not talked to Adam since SCI in Reno. I talk to Mark from time to time because I love Africa and he is a good guy to talk to about hunting. As another note I have hunted two other times in Zimbabwe, all four were DG hunts. I have killed 8 buffalo, a leopard, elephant, and a slew of plains game. All were very good hunts with exceptional PH's.

As I said in my other post Adam could have done some things differently IMO. It is his business and he will run it as he sees fit. You surely seem to pull the post that hammered Adam. I like Jack D. Bold and we agree on most things. Adam is not one of them.

Do you not think that Adam was put in a bad position when he was trying to work a deal with Jimba Safaris and was told the hunter wounded a buffalo and paid off the game scout so he did not have to pay the trophy fee? The PH was complicit but the hunter damn sure should have known better.

That does not excuse the elephant and I said from the beginning the hunter should have received a full refund for that trophy fee. He also should pay the trophy fee on the buff.

You also fail to mention he took a very good leopard.

I really felt for the hunter until I found out about the buffalo. After that most of my sympathy went away.

Last edited by Mike70560; 11/24/11.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, then here's a quote about the hunter below. The hunter is also guilty of a bunch of things too!

If you want opinions, All Gone, Yes, leave them there! I question your values "All Gone" (pun intended). I know that you have had multiple problems with Adams and ACST and the outfitter and the PH, BUT you show lack of judgement and you show lack of character.

While hindsight is 20/20 I would like to think that most of us know that a bribe (even in Africa) is wrong. Further, you sold some elephant skin for ~$100 (are you cheap, innocent or both?) that might be illegally taken, and now, after much proof that your elephant is both immature and possibly a calf or maybe worse, a cow, you still ask if you should bring the ivory back??? And yes, you should know that shooting from a vehicle or boat is wrong.

P.S. Saeed, your quote from DawnRoar is Priceless!!!! Talk about a bunch of flies on a rotting carcass...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I personally don't care to see any of the AR crap here. I quit going there and posting there years ago for a reason. If I wanted to get into all of the soap opera's at Saeed's sight I could go there myself.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Adam Clements screwed me and a friend on a buff hunt in Tanz. I had $3300 worth of my equipment stolen from my tent during the hunt (there was actually a guard "watching" our tent to prevent this so I figure it was an inside job). I had documentation for nearly all of it on customs forms, etc. Adam paid me back $2000.
The day I killed my buff the driver got lost since he was new to the area and left by himself. He drove around like a lost crazy man with my friend on board trying to find his way on track. Finally found the Selous boundary at 1:00AM and a rescue party was sent after him from camp.
Started tracking the buffs about 8:00am. Killed the buff like 10:30am so PH Horsley radioed driver to come for us. Batteries died about noon. PH new we wouldn't be found by driver so at 1:00PM we started hiking back to camp. PH gave out at 6:30PM and asked if I wanted to stay with him waiting for vehicle or hike back to camp with the tracker. I opted to hike on with Anton. None of us had any water since just before I killed the buff in the morning. Anton and I reached camp at 10:30PM. We had walked 33km from the buff kill site and were both pretty dehydrated. Anton told the guys where to pick up the PH so they drove out to get him.
I killed one buff (was "lucky" to get that but had license for two) and a hartebeest. My friend never got a chance at anything so never fired a shot.
It was a hunt Adam oversold as the the quality of the experience we should expect. I thought it was low class of him not to at least refund me fully for the stolen items. My friend should have been at least partially refunded for his part in the fiasco. Adam Clements Safari Trackers is not one I'd suggest going with to anyone after our experience.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Didn't Tim Lamprecht use to work for African dream Safaris?

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
that bad safari deal on ar, is bad, wouldnt know what to think after that much money spent

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by safariman
I personally don't care to see any of the AR crap here. I quit going there and posting there years ago for a reason. If I wanted to get into all of the soap opera's at Saeed's sight I could go there myself.

Yeah, my friend, ain't that the truth??? The entire web site is like some sort of bad adult soap opera from beginning to end. Amazing ... and it never changes.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I second marks comments. Saeed is a personal friend of mine but I no longer visit the site either. It's the perfect example of every guy who has been to africa one time being an absolute expert on all that is africa. Any single one time experience is what " always happens" and they will argue the trivial non-sense of meaningless stuff as if somebody is on death row.

Why bother dragging it here. We all know where to find meaningless drivel if we are board to tears and want to waste time on the net

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I second marks comments. Saeed is a personal friend of mine but I no longer visit the site either. It's the perfect example of every guy who has been to africa one time being an absolute expert on all that is africa. Any single one time experience is what " always happens" and they will argue the trivial non-sense of meaningless stuff as if somebody is on death row.

Why bother dragging it here. We all know where to find meaningless drivel if we are board to tears and want to waste time on the net

Ain't that the truth!!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So does that mean that since I've been there twice, I know everything x2?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Generally the Campfire African forum is MUCH more civil, perhaps because there are far fewer "experts" than on AR.

A year ago an article of mine about how plains game animals aren't any tougher than some American big game animals appeared in SPORTS AFIELD. One of the guys on AR had the poor judgment to post that it was a good article, whereupon a dog-pile of self-appointed experts said it was BS, even though they'd never read the article. The majority went on rants about how tough Cape buffalo are, even though the first post OBVIOUSLY pointed out the article was about plains game only.

I eventually posted, thanking the original guy for actually reading the article. This went completely over their heads, and they continued to post about how a .375 was necessary for wildebeest, and nothing less than a .458 Lott was "truly adequate" for buffalo, etc. etc.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mannnnnnn...I'm glad I didnt know all that stuff...Ive used my .30-06 and 7x57 and even the anemic .303 British to kill tons ( literally..) of plains game....
Good thing I was with you on one of those trips JB..I mighta brought "too much gun"... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The motto for that place should be that if a particular person, item, etc, walks on water, SOMEBODY would complain and say "yeah that's because they can't swim," That said, that place is still the repository for at least in my view African "stuff" to include PHs, Outfitters, Doubles etc. I've been a member there since 01 and whilst I've gravitated to here, I still frequent over there and just like every other website, they have their share of buttholes, it's just that here, our "buttholes" hang out on other threads.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
There's a simple cure for this, don't open the thread.

There's a site that I use to go to that only allows the "good" reports to be posted, if you try posting something negative your thread gets deleted and you get a warning. I want to be able to read about the bad hunts as well as the good hunts, how else do we learn about unscrupulous outfitter, guides, PH's and booking agents if people just post the positive stuff?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,289 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,227
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.