Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Cyber stalking would be interesting, as it's simply one comment (technically two) on the same issue, made the same day, and on only one website.

Nope.

Mental illness? Doubtful.

Libel? For an opinion, and just a couple statements? Highly doubtful, and does call into question how confident you are in your assessment of the optics (your opinion).

Are you really going to sit here and state that you have never endorsed for compensation Leupold, Savage, or any other products? Are you really going to state that Leupold, among other companies, is not a paid sponsor/advertiser on your website?

If you're going to say that, and back it up with proof, then I can and will easily retract my opinion-statement.

If there is a financial component to your relationship with Leupold and other companies, a full and fair disclosure of said relationships prior to you making any endorsement of a product would seem prudent.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Libel? For an opinion, and just a couple statements?

It isn't rational to ask for, much less demand anything anonymously.

Personal remarks are bad form. Wrongful accusations that have no basis are just that. Before you recklessly cast aspersions, you should check things out . . . call Leupold, they can straighten things out for you. You'll discover that you owe both myself and Leupold an apology.

--Randy

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
So, are you saying that you have NO financial relationship with Leupold, through endorsements, sponsorship of your site, or otherwise?

If you are saying that, and can back it up, I'll retract my statement of you shilling a product for financial gain.

The opinion, from having used Leupold LRFs and a LOT of their competitors, stands about the quality of the Leupold.

I love their scopes, and their Yosemite binos. Those, outperform. Their LRFs, underperform and markedly so.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, are you saying that you have NO financial relationship with Leupold, through endorsements, sponsorship of your site, or otherwise?

That's a fact. While you indeed might "love" their scope and binoculars, I don't necessarily. It depends on the specific product, just like all manufacturers. The Leupold RX-1000i is an excellent unit-- just because it is. I've never said that, or even suggested it about their precious attempts.

Do you have a RX-1000i yourself? If so, what doesn't it do?

--Randy

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I've USED the RX-1000i.

Optically, it's a full step back, easily, of the Zeiss, Leica, and Swaro. Ranging, it didn't compare to the other three, with targeting on objects being more suspect (colors, shapes, textures affecting it), and being slower than the Leica (though not always as slow as the Swaro; never as precise).

The Bushnell Fusion bested it in all regards, and that says something, as it's doing two jobs, not just one.

The RX-1000i finally gets Leupold into the Bushnell and Nikon LRF league, but only that.

Now, you're saying those fancy ads on your site are there FOR FREE? Come on...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Optically, it's a full step back, easily, of the Zeiss, Leica, and Swaro.

Price-wise, it is an even greater bargain by comparison. If you're glassing, it is bino time . . . not a hand-held monocular.

--Randy

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Your response has nothing to do with the observation, only enforcing it.

You still have to see, define, and range the target.

Why no answer to the financial and endorsement questions, Randy?

Hmmmmm....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you a paid troll, or a free one?

--Randy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Compared to the Bushnell offerings, crap is an upgrade.

Wakeman is pushing more bullschit on folks, to pad his own pockets (Leupold is a paid sponsor of yours, right Randy? What's your income from them annually?).

The Leupold rangefinders routinely suck hind teat compared to their comparables.

The only person you have to make happy is yourself, and if you're happy being conned by Wakeman, do yourself a favor and never look through decent optics.
i dont get paid by leupold at all, and i have a lieca, the leupold goes with me. the new leupold rx1000I is a HELLUVA range finder. All you bone heads talking [bleep] about it have obviously never had your hands on one or you wouldnt be flapping off at the mouth looking ignorant to people who have actually used one (and i agree 100% that the old leups were garbage

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I brought this thread back up, because I bought a RX1000i for my cow elk hunt after reading this thread.
Driving to colo for my hunt I stopped at cabelas in kearney NB, checked it out and bought one.
It gave readings on business signs in the parking lot out to 560 yds with no problems.
On the first morning @ 7AM I topped a small ridge and 2 small bands of cows were on the opposite ridge between 300 and 400 yds away.
The 1000i would not give a reading at all. The cows were tightly bunched and i tried to range them several times no readings at all.
I picked out a large cow figured 350yds held accordingly and made a good shot. She went down.
After gutting her I started to play with the rangefinder.It would not give a reading on anything over about 125 yds away-and would only give a reading at those distances on oakbrush with foliage, not bare trees, sage or rocks. Pretty dissapointing.

Driving through rural Wyoming I came across 4 mulies out on some grazing pasture my guess would be about 250 to 300 yds. slowly walking. No reading - zip - nada.
It wouldn't range angus cattle over 80 yds away,
Herefords over 150 yds, sheep beyond 175 also would give no reading.
Got back to Kearney bit the bullet and returned it and bought a Leica 1000.
Ranged business sign @ 846yds from the parking lot-off to a good start.
Turned North to drive to the black hills saw a buck and doe in a plowed field, when I pulled over to range them they took off running the Leica kept pace with them and gave readings while they were on the move and when the buck stopped @ 586 yds the reading was there.
To shorten this up a bit the Leica performed very well on most everything I tried to range along the road. The Luepold was sadly dissapointing.
Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

Never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't care and 80% are glad you have em.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 3,207 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,313
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.