Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

<br>I have a "pressing" matter.
<br>
<br>My loading press is starting to get some slop in it and am looking at getting a new one.
<br>
<br>What would you recommend? I was thinking of a RCBS Rockchucker but am open to ideas.
<br>
<br>BTW, My old Lee press lasted 21 years and loaded countless thousands of rounds(rifle,pistol and revolver) and will send it in to be replaced or repaired but would like to upgrade to a nicer one.
<br>
<br>Thanks,James

James
HR IC

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The R.C.B.S. Rockchucker is an excellent single stage press. I have used one for years. I also use a C&H Champion; this is also an excellent press and very heavy duty. To see the Champion go to www.ch4d.com.
<br>Either press will serve you well.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have an RCBS Rock chucker that is about 31 years old or so. I'd buy another in a NY minute if I needed one. Plus mine does not have any slop in it.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've got a model Rockchucker that I think was called the "Super Rockchucker." My grandfather used to show us how it would turn a surplus '06 case into a .250 Savage, w/ a very long neck, in one pass. It's got to be about 40 yrs. old.
<br> I still load all my ammo on it.
<br> I'd buy the newer, smaller version in a hot second if I needed one. E

Last edited by Eremicus; 03/30/02.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you really want a top flite press, consider spending the extra dollars and buy a Forster [Used to be Bonanza] Co-axial press. It will load the straightest ammo possible with the least hassel. The only downside is that not all the lock rings work with it, you need the thicker type, like the older RCBS types or the Forster type. BTW, you can change dies in less than a second with this press. Regards, Eagleye.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bitsy the RCBS is a good press if you want to stay with a single stage press. Seems like you had good service with the Lee. Why not another one? Are you going to make another 21 years without getting some slop in you? [Linked Image]
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Littlebit
<br> Get a Redding Ultramag and dont look back. I have tried almost all others and this is the smoothest yet. I mounted both of mine on a Dillion Strong mount so its at eye level. Expensive but you will only need to buy one.
<br>Charlie Sisk

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buy a Forster co-ax. You will be happy, happy, happy.

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You realize this thread is over 2 decades old, right?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have a Lyman crusher and a Lee anniversary press. The Lee was included in a cheaper kit I bought to get started reloading. The Lyman I got a few years later because I didn’t think the aluminum Lee would last long being as light weight as it is. Both have given trouble free and reliable service for their cost. I know better, more consistent presses are out there but going much more expensive would cause me to get a progressive setup.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Old thread I know but if anyone is press shopping, Brownells has the RCBS Rock crusher on sale for $154.00 right now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll just keep on doing what I did 20 years ago - squeeze brass in and out of dies with my fist.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,639
Posts18,512,214
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.