-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody have any experience dealing with Stockade stocks?

Looking hard at a new stock for my Savage ML, and they will put a 3rd action screw in and do the bedding.

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have, loved it. Very solid and quite cheap price. I'd buy one for a ML. Adam

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was also satisfied with mine, would buy another one.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent. Heard good things, but wanted to hear from the campfire crowd. Looking to get the "mule deer" model.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Order online. If you wind up calling and talking to Kevin, you'd better clear your calendar for a few days.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Buddy had one, seemed like a solid stock. I think the wait time is a few months, so might as well get a McMillan...dohhh.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was thinking of buying one myself but after talking with Kevin on the phone I decided I'd never give a penny to him or his business.

Self promotion is a good thing but Kevin calling McMillan stocks "junk" and calling Fred Moreo (the leading Savage specific gunsmith in the nation) a hack was too much for me.

The Stockade stocks are not much cheaper than a McMillan if you compare apples to apples. McMillan doesn't sell an unfinished stock and if you have Stockade finish the stock the price gets perilously close to a superior McMillan.

Finally, a full length aluminum bedding block is just a poor attempt to stiffen a stock in lieu of proper design, quality materials and professional construction.

IMO

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Was thinking of buying one myself but after talking with Kevin on the phone I decided I'd never give a penny to him or his business.

Self promotion is a good thing but Kevin calling McMillan stocks "junk" and calling Fred Moreo (the leading Savage specific gunsmith in the nation) a hack was too much for me.

The Stockade stocks are not much cheaper than a McMillan if you compare apples to apples. McMillan doesn't sell an unfinished stock and if you have Stockade finish the stock the price gets perilously close to a superior McMillan.

Finally, a full length aluminum bedding block is just a poor attempt to stiffen a stock in lieu of proper design, quality materials and professional construction.

IMO
So you are saying you don't really have any experience with a Stockade Stock other than your opinion on Kevin? Kevin is a very nice guy and builds nice stocks for the Savages. I have 3 of his stocks and they are well worth the money.

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I spoke to Kevin the other day. I decided that the finished price was getting high, and decided to get a Boyds varmint laminate stock. The channel has the same contour as a Savage ML, so with a little work it can be free floated.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/VT-SAVAGE-10BLIND-MAG-BULL-BARREL-CHANNEL-NUTMEG-p/610-404-f.htm

Stockade stocks has a good reputation, but for the price, I can't see how I could top the Boyds, especially after it gets fitted. kevin has a 16 week wait. The Boyds stock is ready to ship. I also considered that the rifle will only be used during a 2 week ML season each year.

I live near Bill Ball, the co-inventor of the Savage ML (with his father), and he is going to put a 3rd pillar in and bed it for me.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I like my stockade sporter !

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,074
Posts18,482,669
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.