Hop To
#58902 04/01/02
Stush Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It was only a matter of time...
<br>
<br>http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/s...s-california-133884520020329-180357.html
<br>
<br>"State Senator Calls For Tax On Bullets
<br>Money Would Fund Hospital Trauma Centers
<br>Posted: 6:53 p.m. EST March 29, 2002
<br>Updated: 7:14 p.m. EST March 29, 2002
<br>
<br>OAKLAND, Calif. -- State Sen. Don Perata said Friday he will introduce a bill next week that would levy a 5-cent tax on every bullet sold in California.
<br>
<br>Perata, D-Oalkand, said he wants the money to pay for hospital trauma centers, some of which are facing budget problems.
<br>
<br>"There's no reason why the general public should be paying for gunshot victims. It is an avoidable injury. It is a preventable injury and therfore I think it's fair to fix a very small tax on the sale of bullets," Perata said.
<br>
<br>Opponents of the plan said it would lead to ammunition smuggling, with gun owners going out of state to buy ammunition or make it themselves.
<br>
<br>Perata said he hopes to convince the Legislature to put the tax before voters in November.
<br>
<br>Copyright 2002 by TheSanDiegoChannel.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
<br>
<br>

Stush
GB1

#58903 04/01/02
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Well that doesn't surprise me since it's Kalifornia, it's probably just a matter of time before it hits nationwide.

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
#58904 04/05/02
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I just ordered two bricks of .22 Mags for about $126.00. If this tax was applied the cost would have been $176.00.
<br>
<br>This could be a blessing in disguise. Sadly, many of my acquaintances shoot a lot of .22 and shotgun rounds but do not belong to the NRA. Their misguided belief is that nobody will screw with their toys. They think the NRA is only for the full-auto, concealed carry and knuckle dragger crowd.
<br>
<br>This may be a great awakening for some of them.
<br>
<br>I hope so anyway.
<br>
<br>2D

[Linked Image]
#58905 04/06/02
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Any California gun owner who has been conscious for the past 3 years is quite familiar with the spray and pray tactics of the left as they feverously pitch new anti-gun legislation. Many of these bills die in committee only to be raised up again in slightly different form a year later. Gray Davis is the first democrat governor in a while, so the rush is on to jam as much through as possible.
<br>
<br>Gun owners in California are united as never before. It remains to be seen if it is too little too late. The dirty tricks of years gone by when Willie Brown ran the capital are being dusted off and used again. Democrat committee members who show signs of swinging their vote to the pro-gun side of an issue are quietly replaced within minutes of the vote with a comrade who has his or her mind right.
<br>
<br>California gun owners have been beaten and abused by anti-gun politics and media for a generation. Their only choices are to fight or get out.
<br>
<br>I moved to Oregon last year after 30 years in CA. I can't describe the feeling of being able to walk into a gun shop and buy the firearm of my choice, pass the instant check and walk out with the gun a few minutes instead of 10 days later. I don't have to wait 30 days between handgun purchases. I can buy or sell to a friend without waiting periods and FFL fees. I don't have to register my concealed handgun with the local sheriff dept.
<br>
<br>These are the changes I have run into so far. I think I will like it in America. I didn't have to leave my fruit at the border either.[Linked Image]
<br>

Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

328 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,456
Posts18,508,101
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.