Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Guys I'm becoming very frustrated with this shotty and it seems to be getting worse. I bought this a couple years ago as a cheap semi-auto to use for pheasants and waterfowl. I have taken it out several times this fall and have serious issues with it sticking, not cycling the 2nd round, or even firing. Nothing like pulling up on a goose, pulling the trigger and hearing click!!!

Does anyone have any info or ideas on what to do? I clean it everytime I come back with synthetic oil and wipe it all dry before putting back together. Maybe try Break-Clean?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sounds like the lube yuour using is gumming up. chheck the chamber and make sure you haven't lost the O-ring/gas seal on the mag tube.

erich

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for the tip. I took it completely apart last night and cleaned everything with brake cleaner and wiped it down until the rags were clean. The O-Ring is there, maybe I should swap it out for a new one just to be sure.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow morning smile

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Check to ensure you have no carbon buildup on the piston and gas seal, along with the gas shroud on the barrel. With the fore-end off, release the action SLOWLY to about 1/4 from battery, then release.. It should go fully locked up.. If not, you have a buildup of carbon on the friction pieces, piston and shroud.. Oil won't remove it.. You'll need a scouring pad and some cleaning fluid (like Hoppe's) to get all the parts clean..

Oh, and check the bolt lock recess on the barrel extension.. If there's a buildup of crap in there it can prevent full lockup also - and that will prevent a full FP strike..

Last edited by Redneck; 12/09/11.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Check to ensure you have no carbon buildup on the piston and gas seal, along with the gas shroud on the barrel. With the fore-end off, release the action SLOWLY to about 1/4 from battery, then release.. It should go fully locked up.. If not, you have a buildup of carbon on the friction pieces, piston and shroud.. Oil won't remove it.. You'll need a scouring pad and some cleaning fluid (like Hoppe's) to get all the parts clean..

Oh, and check the bolt lock recess on the barrel extension.. If there's a buildup of crap in there it can prevent full lockup also - and that will prevent a full FP strike..

Thanks, I went ahead and did all of that as well. I tore apart the entire gun, cleaned EVERYTHING with brake cleaner and wiped dry. I went back and put a drop of Rem Oil in each hole of the bolt, and 1 drop on each of the slide recesses.

Havent been back out since to try it out, hopefully this evening.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 60 invisible), 16,122 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,156
Posts18,542,747
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.