-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've been thinking about picking up a Filson Mackinaw Cruiser or Double Mackinaw coat. Just about every place on the web sells them for about the same price (high grin).

Does anyone know whether Filson clothing ever goes on sale, especially after the holidays?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've never seen it go on sale.

Maybe someone marks theirs down a bit, but it's because it was marked way up before. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you're not opposed to buying pre-owned, check out eBay. From what I've seen they go dirt cheap on there.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thats a good idea...I think Filson operates what we call MAP pricing ( minimum Advertised Price...) so everyone advertises them at the same price, pretty much. You gota catch an in-store special or unadvertised sale to get a better deal, or as Whttal says, buy used...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Not sure about the Mac coats, but it seems about 4 or 5 years ago they were either bought or had management change at the top. IIRC, someone previously high up with Ralph Lauren/Polo. Around that time they expanded their product line to include more "fashion" items and for the first time I started seeing made in China tags on some of their upland hunting shirts.
If it's important to you (and it is to me) check before you buy. I'm pretty sure the Mac coats continue to be made here; however, I won't buy their outsourced items. In fact I haven't bought anything new from them since I saw that first made in China label and I used to buy a couple hundred $ of stuff annually for gifts and myself as my Dad had done since the 60s.
IMO this move of theirs smacks of Eddie Bauer and Abercrombie & Fitch, both formerly great outfitters who lost their branding and cease to exist as they once were.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"IMO this move of theirs smacks of Eddie Bauer and Abercrombie & Fitch, both formerly great outfitters who lost their branding and cease to exist as they once were."

Boy ain't that the truth, I used to get to NYC once in awhile in the 70's. The A & F store in Manhattan was a store of dreams! Double Rifles, Cordite ammo, Safari Clothes, steamer trunks. Damn I was hunting elephants the second I walked into that store and I was in my 20's. Now A & F is just a rag shop. So sad.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Filson Double Mackinaw is currently on sale for $301.50 at Hanks Clothing.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ebay....stuff lasts forever so it's worth buying used.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've picked up some nice Filson stuff right here on the campfire! All has been exactly as advertised as usual here.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What size are you? I have a double Mac I should sell since it doesn't fit me anymore.

Steve

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sbhva
What size are you? I have a double Mac I should sell since it doesn't fit me anymore.

I wear a size 44 suit coat. Filson says to order your normal suit size unless layering heavily. However, many of the customer reviews on the Filson website imply that the coat in their normal size is too big.

I think I would like to try one on to be sure and to decide between the Cruiser and Double Mac.

The closest dealer is about a 1 1/2 hour drive, and I may not get there until after the holidays.

Whatcha got?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
CoalCracker: Here in Dillon, Montana the outfitter at Frontier Anglers has Filson gear on sale this week for 30% to 50% off - according to the advertising.
I have not been in the store but could take a swing that a way if you wish.
PM me if I can be of assistance and their site link to follow:

www.frontieranglers.com/

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (338reddog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,837 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.