Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How about a Conservative/Libertarian targeted poll?

Here is how bad it is for Paul.

Hot Air is a non-scientific on-line conservative poll.
But it is a very large conservative poll and they make a real effort to only let those conservatives vote once.

I think it is a very good snapshot of conservative voter enthusiasm.

Over 7500 ballots were cast is this December 2, poll.

3896 (50%) Conservative ballots
2610 (34%) Very Conservative ballots
766 (10%) Libertarian ballots

329 (4%) Moderate ballots
115 (1%) Other ballots
19 (0%) Liberal ballots

Gingrich 49% 3764 votes
No one else is even close.

Three way tie for a very distant second place:
Perry 13% 981 votes
Romney 12% 891 votes
Cain 10% 745 votes

Three way tie for last place:
Santorum 6% 440 votes
Paul 5% 404 votes
Bachmann 5% 368 votes

So with Libertarians making up 10 percent of the vote, Ron Paul comes in at 5 percent?

Now here�s the kicker:

The HotAir pollster was asked why he included Palin in a survey question, now that she�s out.

This is why:

Two choices for President:
Gingrich 79% 5393 votes
Romney 21% 1427 votes

Three choices for President:
Gingrich 42% 2863 votes
Romney 14% 944 votes
Palin 44% 3013 votes

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
hotair.com is a great site....it's about number six on my morning list.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I seriously doubt Paul has much of a chance but I'm glad to see more folks are taking notice of his ideals.

Too many needy libs who want coddled by the government and neocons who think it's our duty to stick our nose in every corner of the world for a person like RP to ever win a national election.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
How about a Conservative/Libertarian targeted poll?

Here is how bad it is for Paul.

Hot Air is a non-scientific on-line conservative poll.
But it is a very large conservative poll and they make a real effort to only let those conservatives vote once.

I think it is a very good snapshot of conservative voter enthusiasm.

Over 7500 ballots were cast is this December 2, poll.

3896 (50%) Conservative ballots
2610 (34%) Very Conservative ballots
766 (10%) Libertarian ballots

329 (4%) Moderate ballots
115 (1%) Other ballots
19 (0%) Liberal ballots

Gingrich 49% 3764 votes
No one else is even close.

Three way tie for a very distant second place:
Perry 13% 981 votes
Romney 12% 891 votes
Cain 10% 745 votes

Three way tie for last place:
Santorum 6% 440 votes
Paul 5% 404 votes
Bachmann 5% 368 votes

So with Libertarians making up 10 percent of the vote, Ron Paul comes in at 5 percent?

Now here�s the kicker:

The HotAir pollster was asked why he included Palin in a survey question, now that she�s out.

This is why:

Two choices for President:
Gingrich 79% 5393 votes
Romney 21% 1427 votes

Three choices for President:
Gingrich 42% 2863 votes
Romney 14% 944 votes
Palin 44% 3013 votes

It's something how many of you talk how worthless the political polls are unless of course it shows what you want to see. Then you whoop and holler, "look at the polls,..look at the polls".

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well....the electorate selected OPI aka Our Present Idiot....why not another????????

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL I'M SHOCKED!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The majority of Americans are idiots and more and more are joining the ranks every year.

It's why we've had 2 Bush's, a Clinton and a Superfreak.

The trend is definitely no looking good.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I hear you. Just yesterday I heard some major dumb ass ask why we were flying planes over Iran anyways.

I mean,what kind of moron is that clueless;aside from the other clueless,of course?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae

It's something how many of you talk how worthless the political polls are unless of course it shows what you want to see. Then you whoop and holler, "look at the polls,..look at the polls".

well, actually it depends on the poll. polls are pretty worthless that are self-selecting, where the sample volunteers itself....like the online polls that Paulies love to spam as if the result proves something.

and polls between generic democrats or republicans and a specific human are not very predictive of behavior between two specific human candidates.

and, of course, any poll taken eleven months before an election, even if it is a good poll, is only a snapshot of the situation in December 2011, which may bear little resemblance to the situation in November 2012.

But a poll of a fairly good sized national sample probably gives a fairly accurate picture of the current relative strengths of the candidates with HotAir's audience, FWIW. But it's only a sample of that cohort...not of the voting public.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The majority of Americans are idiots and more and more are joining the ranks every year.

Some are even willing to bet on it.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Some are even willing to bet on it.

Yup.

And I'm gonna need another closet to keep all the bullets and liquor I win from you boys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm gonna need another closet to keep all the bullets and liquor I win from you boys.

Just toss out some of your shoes; you should have plenty of room smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I hear you. Just yesterday I heard some major dumb ass ask why we were flying planes over Iran anyways.

I mean,what kind of moron is that clueless;aside from the other clueless,of course?

I think ol' Ron probably ripped his drawers with the non-CodePink set with that performance. I thought he was going to kick into full frontal self-destruct mode and start hollering to liberate Palestine and that American troops murdered a million Iraqis...again.

if you want to see how delusional the Paul cultists are, check out their web sites where they are showing the clip of Bachman making Paul her little bitch on Iran......and high fiving each other that Ron owned her on that question.

PS...to be fair and balanced, she punked ol' Newt pretty bad, too, but at least his fans aren't delusional about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac

Especially being as, according to KG, they pose absolutely no threat to us.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AWWWww, quit "Hitting Low"

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It's something how many of you talk how worthless the political polls are unless of course it shows what you want to see. Then you whoop and holler, "look at the polls,. Look at the polls".
^^^^^^^^^^

Well I did start a thread��Ron Paul�s IOWA Anti-Newt Attack ads are Working��
showing him in first place and that sure ain�t what I want to see.

When I started my �Gingrich vs. Romney and Paul in the Polls:� thread I prefaced it with:

Front Runners in the Latest Polls:
Always keeping in mind that on Dec. 1, 2007 early polls gave us Giuliani and Hillary as front runners

That is something well worth keeping in mind�but polls are about all we have to measure with�some are better than others�I like the RCP poll averages.

All poll measurements are only good on the day posted�polls cannot forecast the future worth a $hit, because $hit happens.

Front runners fall�Dark horses enter races�Third parties spilt�times get better or worse than expected�
Wars trump all�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I heard on one of the talk radio shows today where the host recommended RP for Treasury Secretary in the new Republican administration.

Interesting thought.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
I heard on one of the talk radio shows today where the host recommended RP for Treasury Secretary in the new Republican administration.

Interesting thought.

But I thought he was insane, or senile, or some such. Wouldn't it be inappropriate to appoint an insane man to such a prominent post?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

Interesting thought.

But I thought he was insane, or senile, or some such. Wouldn't it be inappropriate to appoint an insane man to such a prominent post?

YES!!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
somebody must have forgotten to include this one in the Paulbot spamming instructions last night:

Ron Paul Loses First Online Poll

Breaking a precedent of several years duration now, Ron Paul has finally lost an online poll. Indeed, he has come in fourth in the Townhall/HotAir primary, whose results show Newt Gingrich way out front:

Newt Gingrich: 36.5%
Mitt Romney: 18.8%
Michele Bachmann: 17.7%
Ron Paul: 17.4%
Rick Perry: 9.5%

Over 250,000 votes were cast.

And here I thought all the polls RP won were meaningless?

Now that RP finally loses one, the old-line NeoCons are all over it..... wink

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,775 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.