Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
All:

Seller has no feedback. Bidder has no feedback. As is no return policy. Picture is not of the gun being sold. Danger Will Robinson.

RAS

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=264595903

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
RAS It looks like a 99A saddle gun in 375 to me !!! i just traded one off to my brother about 3 hours ago, for a Christmas present to my nephew. Don

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I corresponded with this guy. I was nervous too and wanted to know what's up. He sent me 2 pictures of the actual gun laid out on the floor, without the Weaver mounts like the one "file photo" in the auction. I got satisfactory responses to most questions. He said his dad gave him this gun back in the 80's before this model was discontinued. He told me it was a brushgun with a 22" barrel. I told him I thought it looked like a 20" barrel carbine A. He said whatever the pictures are is what it is, he was just going by what his dad said. Still leaves me wondering if his dad told him it had a 22" barrel 25+ years ago and he is remembering that detail or ??? Or does this gun have a 22" barrel? His name Googles correctly. I'm nervous by the whole thing, but can't call it one way or another. My gut tells me, now this is ME, no one else, not to bid. I love the gun, and think the probability is high that this is legit, but I personally won't take this chance unless FTF.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Loggah
RAS It looks like a 99A saddle gun in 375 to me !!! i just traded one off to my brother about 3 hours ago, for a Christmas present to my nephew. Don

You actually fell for that grin, it went right into Dick's private stash laugh

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If it is you bidding, then that takes a lot of the equation. I am sure that you be fine then. Nice rifle. For $1K, I think it is fair being that new.

Make sure that your payment is trackable.

Jeff

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wonder why he feels a need to sell it, "as is" and not provide an inspection period confused

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess you're kidding since this gun looks new ??? In case you're not, I would hate to send a gun to somebody for a 3 day test drive and have them send it back with dings and additional use. I see guys on the forum comment about that inspection period as a red flag (without the inspection period) but I would not feel comfortable with a 3 day test drive of my gun, and then have it sent back.

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/13/11.

LOL
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Fireball2
His name Googles correctly.

FB...how did you google his name? GB does not provide info to bidders. Did he offer his info. up? Just curious.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
check PM's

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I guess you're kidding since this gun looks new ??? In case you're not, I would hate to send a gun to somebody for a 3 day test drive and have them send it back with dings and additional use. I see guys on the forum comment about that inspection period as a red flag (without the inspection period) but I would not feel comfortable with a 3 day test drive of my gun, and then have it sent back.

All I have seen is the picture in the auction - which is not a picture of the actual gun. I will concede that the gun pictured in the auction does look like new.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boltman

All I have seen is the picture in the auction - which is not a picture of the actual gun. I will concede that the gun pictured in the auction does look like new.

It does in the two pictures he sent me also.

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That would increase my confidence.

i pm'd him, and asked to see the gun in person.....i'll be in this area on sunday....he can pick the spot....

i'll keep ya posted on outcome

steven

ALL DAYS ARE GOOD ! SOME ARE A TOUCH BETTER , AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SO -- JUST MISS ONE !!
this is the response i received today at 11:00 .....

** regarding >> I have prior commitments tomorrow. Attached are two photos. The rifle has a 22� barrel, the lever is blued, and the rear sight is a sliding ramp I do not know the date it was manufactured, but the serial number is D653597. It was a gift from my father in the early 1980�s, and like I said in the description, the rifle is in mint condition, and has never been fired.

steven

ALL DAYS ARE GOOD ! SOME ARE A TOUCH BETTER , AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SO -- JUST MISS ONE !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Serial number puts it at 1981. At least that checks out.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
He has 2 "not so detailed" pictures. I am not in the game for this rifle, but the 2 pix he sent me would not be enough...I would want more if I was seriously looking...I hate being a pain in the arse but it is a decent chunk of money and he has no track record.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shouldn't that rifle have a 20" barrel, not 22"?

He sent me two great pictures of a rifle on the kitchen floor and told me the same story about his dad. It may be legit, but that's a lot of money and I could not get a response to a face to face request either. May be coincidence. I can forward those pictures to anyone that wants them if I have your email address. It looks perfect in the pictures I got. Roy

P.S. I shot my 375 Brushgun this morning, 3 holes touching, one just off, from a post at 60 yards...

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/17/11.

LOL
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Roy...you would buy that from the 2 pictures sent? The pictures are ok, but really do not show any detail up close...like the dings in the stock or the small imperfection in forearm...only noticed either under extreme magnification. I would love this rifle, but the dealer and I would need some more back and forth on details and or pictures. For that price I want more disclosure. Call me anal.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Big distinction-
I don't think I'd buy it based on those two pictures, AND his lack of track record, his avoiding a face to face meeting, general uneasiness of the entire situation which we all seem to be feeling.

BUT, if YOU, or some of the other guys here, were to send me those same two pictures, I'd have no problem buying that gun from you guys for $1000.

Disclaimer- My value system is (probably) skewed compared to most of you guys tho since I've kilt a few things with a 375 already and I'm soft in the head for them. For all that power I just marvel at the lack of recoil. Mines the little bigger brushgun, but the carbine would be just as sweet. The holes are HUGE and they are always touching holes if I shoot off the bench.

Shouldn't that carbine be a 20" barrel? Why does he keep saying it's 22"? Is it 22" like the Brushgun? Shouldn't be....

LOL
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Roy...AGREED! If it is one of the boys here...no problem on buying it.

As for the 20/22 issue, I thought I read in Doug's book that it should be 22...one of the more informed men will be along soon to put a number on the barrel length.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (1lessdog, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 11,486 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,345
Posts18,546,522
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.