Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you cant solve a simple issue like delisting wolves in 8 years, probably not very likely to solve it in 12.

Good thing he got a new job...maybe he's better at that one.

Maybe you ought to try a phone directory in Laramie...just sayin'...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well it still stands the Wyoming Wolf agreement is pretty much a done deal. The legislature meets starting Feb 13, pretty safe bet the first bills to come up will get the wolf agreement finalized. Then we'll have to see where the lefty's start filing lawsuits.
It would of been solved long ago, but the feds kept moving the goal posts, and backing out on agreements they've made. This one will be tough for them to back out of considering Johnsons ruling and that they have published the intent in the federal register.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Is it tougher on you living in fantasy land or in denial?

Just curious.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/16/11.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BuzzH

By the way, your frontier bullchit regarding a single pack of wolves in the thorofare is a joke. I want to see some documentation for starters...and you will NEVER provide that, mainly because its not true. Secondly, a single pack or mating pair is not an established population...period.

While I don't have a dog in this fight Buzz.

There was an established pack of wolves in the Thorofare. Maybe you should talk to some of the outfitters AND guys that ran the hills in the Thorofare and East of the park. I'm just one of many. If you need some help with whom to talk to I can provide a long list.

Problem is guys like you will deny they were there. But how many have actually spent time in there with on open mind and unbiased opinion. Not many if any. Most had a boss, supervisor or some persuaded type of individual they reported to who didn't want to hear the truth or ignored it.

I guess this picture was taken in a Zoo.... Or.... I photo shopped it.... OR I took it somewhere other than Wyo. back before the wolves were there.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah and they weren't on Commissary Ridge north of Kemmerer back in the late 80's either. Problem with Buzz is that if the goobermint didn't say it......it ain't true. What do you expect from a forest circus underling though. However it is entertaining to see watch him get his shorts all bunched up. laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Trouble with the circus is well... you know... fill in any appropriate thing ____________

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtHtr
Originally Posted by BuzzH
There's trouble with your theory BCJR...and I'm it.

What happens when some guy thats been there from the beginning of the wolf reintroduction process, attended the scoping meetings in 1991-92, wrote exhaustive comments that are part of the public record for the draft and final EIS's, and has lived around wolves, grizzlies, etc. his entire life in MT and WY?

Lets say that same guy has a degree in Resource Management...and understands resource policy, the ESA, Wildlife Management, Silviculture, etc.

Just for fun, we'll assume that the guy in question has 23-24 years experience in Resource Management, probably somewhere around 70% of his time is spent in the field. Also assume a vast majority of the field time is in MT, ID, and WY...but adequate time spent in NM, AZ, CO, NV, UT, ND, and SD to round out a nice knowledge base of whats going on in those areas as well.

On top of that, lets just say the guy also spends 30-60 days successfully hunting in 2-4 states a year, all DIY public land stuff. Who knows, he has maybe been hunting for 30 years? Perhaps even throw in a fair bit of trapping experience for things like lynx in the lower 48, marten, otter, bobcats, fox, coyotes, mink, etc.

I'm thinking jack-of-All-Trades, Master of none... Now Internet Wolf Expert.

What is funny is Buzzy contends the wolves are not doing damage in other earlier threads but now feels the damage in Wyoming is Wyoming�s fault. crazy crazy

My dad was on the Idaho Game and Fish commission during most of the early fight and one of his regrets was that Idaho did not go with Wyoming from the start.

Buzzy also forgets to mention that we had wolf hunting here in Wyoming but the hunters here were just too damn good at killing them. If activist judges were taken out of the equation, Wyoming would right now have by far the best " Approved Wolf Plan�.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/17/11.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Johnie Burns,

Could you please post where I said wolves are not doing any damage to big-game in ID, MT, WY, etc.

I'll save you the trouble of searching...you wont find it.

Its a good thing your Dad had no authority in Idaho and that his peers were smarter than him...or Idaho would be in the $hit just like Wyoming is.

For the record...hows the 2011 wolf hunting season in Wyoming treating you?

Oh, and congratulations on drinking the BGF/SFW Kool-aid with the activist judge routine...not true, but a great scapegoate.

Comparing Wyoming Hunters with Montana Hunters...thas a real hoot...

laffin'...

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Buzz,

How can you categorically deny there was not an established pack in the Thorofare? What data or criteria are you basing your statement on?
Have you been there? If so how much time have you spent there to say undeniably that there wan't an established pack?

Should I hold my breath on the answer?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It doesnt matter one way or the other if there was...Ranch13 is talking out of his a$$ regarding the "FWS guidelines".

Yes, I've been in the Thorofare, spent time in Sunlight and Crandall as well. Saw wolf tracks in all, post reintroduction, non prior to it. I've also spent plenty of time in the Bob Marshall, Frank Church, Scapegoat, Selway-Bitterroot, etc.

What Ranch13 cant provide is a single shred of evidence to defend his claims.

From all the research I've done, which is more than just a bit, there is no documentation of wolves in Yellowstone or the Thorofare prior to reintroduction. There was unofficial reports, some may have been valid, more likely were not. But, there definately wasnt an established population. If there would have been, more reporting of sightings would have been documented through the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.

Sightings and official documentation of wolves was reported throughout Western Montana all through the 70's-early 90's. Packs and a viable population had been confirmed there prior to reintroduction. That alone negates the BS that Ranch13 is spouting...as the EIS was not written on a state-to-state basis.

Like I already stated, it made no difference if there was a pack in the Thorofare prior to reintroduction or not. There was no "FWS guideline" that would have stopped reintroduction in 1994 even if a pack was established. Ranch13 is pulling that straight out of his a$$, once again.

Further, lets just say there was a pack in the Thorofare, those wolves would have enjoyed full federal protection under the ESA. With the reintroduction, all the wolves in Wyoming, whether reintroduced or not, were classified as a non-esential population and could be heavily managed...and they have been ever since.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/17/11.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
In 6 years when my son wants to go on his first Elk hunt and there aren't any Elk. Who should I have him call to explain what happened?

Do you realize because of the people playing "God" and they millions of wasted research dollar's because someone thought... "some MAY have been valid....or...more likely were not"....how many father's will have to have this conversation with their children?

It's funny how NO ONE believed the claim's and reports from the Outfitter's ( you know they guys spending most of the time in wolf country ) Don't maybe you gubmit guys think that because it affected their livelihoods and families that maybe just maybe they were telling the truth.

[bleep] disgusting...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tell him to thank WYSFW and BGF as well as the Wyoming Wolf Coalition. Wyoming stalled delisting for 6 years with their dual classification BS and desire to "show the Feds". All three states should be in their 5th or 6th year of state control...but Wyoming didnt allow that to happen. All grandstanding BS pushed by the WWC and their desire to ruin my public wildlife.

Point out that MT and ID are successfully managing their wolves while Wyoming is not, only because MT and ID backed Simpson/Tester while the WWC tried to ruin it for those states.

There will be plenty of elk to hunt in Montana and Idaho in 6 years...thanks to those active in getting wolves delisted and in state control in MT and ID...with no thanks going to Wyoming.

Wyoming??? Who knows, the hunters here are afraid to take control of THEIR PUBLIC WILDLIFE and cater to Landowners, outfitters, and the like.

Thats really "[bleep] disgusting..."

BTW, If I lived in a state that allowed me to have a $15 wolf tag...I'd be out trying to be part of the solution instead of whining on the 'net about wolves. Just sayin'...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
DrHJH: Both BuzzH and you are wrong - Montana is still "under the thumb of both the feds and the courts!
Indeed we have a season but a season rigged to let the Wolves destroy our Elk, Bighorn Sheep and Moose herds!
Herds that we worked and toiled for decades to propogate and nurture!
There IS NO SUCH THING AS A WIDE OPEN SEASON!
There is a season but again it is designed to allow the current overpopulation of Wolves to remain OVER POPULATED and ruining humans Hunting opportunities!
Further correction of YOU - "this problem was created and perpetuated" by the FEDS, the GREENS and other liberals and anti-Hunters!
If you are foolish enough to think the feds are going to allow ANY state to find a solution to the over-population and over-predation of game animals by transplanted Candian Wolves then you are just that, foolish and naive!
This Wolf tragedy is not going away in this decade I am sure - and unfortuantely I firmly believe it will spread to Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona SOON!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your tinfoil is slipping...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lloy you realize that the lack of "documented" sightings is exactly where Harry Harju is a lot at fault. Had he of got off his worhtless ass in his cozy little office in Cheyenne and got out there and documented or at least investigated the sightings and kills, there would of been no claim of extinction for the feds to use to import the wolves from Canada.
Furthermore had harju done his job then Federal Judge Bill Downs would have had evidence saying there were wolves already existing in the area, and therfore could of ruled to stop the transplant....

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ranch13,

Show me in the FEIS where it states renitroduction would be stopped, or not happen, if a wolf population was documented anywhere in MT, ID, or WY.

You're full of crap.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
lloydy, you should probably take a break,, so far all you can do is throw typical little tempertantrums and not bring out any "proof" as you call it...
How's the weather in Ogden today?

www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure is fun watching Buzz get his shorts knotted up while talking himself into a corner....but mudhen your reply to VG was priceless!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Typical response from the do-nothing crowd...laffin'.

Dont let the facts get in the way of your BS and lies.

Laffin' even more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You really should not try to emulate your superhero mentor bigstick...talk about do nothing have you looked in the mirror lately?

And I wouldn't be so quick to call people bullshitters and liars ..you may have to answer for it in person someday. Not wise to let your mouth overload your abilities.

Perhaps you should post your real name and address here......also include a real and current picture of yourself please.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 61 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,945
Posts18,519,152
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.