-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
All I want is a very light weight free float carbine length handgaurd. One that won't freeze your hand, isn't full of unneeded p rails, has some grip to it, can accept bipod, is well built, and doesn't break the bank. WDO

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter

aluminum handguard

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Clark Custom.

Made of carbon fiber. As light as I have found.

You can get it through Brownells. That is where I got the one shown.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Clark Custom.

Made of carbon fiber. As light as I have found.

You can get it through Brownells. That is where I got the one shown.

How do you attach a sling stud/tripod stud? Is it slippery? It doesn't seem to have much "bite". Looks pricey

Last edited by whitedogone; 12/17/11.

- Henry Ford
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
It's 100 dollars on their website. It comes in rifle and carbine lenghts, 2"OD and weighs 6oz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I handled a Stag 6.8 today, which comes with a Hogue overmolded free float tube. It was not heavy, and the rubber coating gave a fairly comfortable grip.

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_679&products_id=157

you can also get a "Picatinny cuff" kit for it that still allows for short rails to mount tacticool stuff.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I do not recall the price off the top of my head, but it was not all that expensive. I have much more expensive versions from Troy/VTAC, etc.

In regards to attaching slings,bipods, etc. I simply drilled a hole and attached a backplate/washer. Start with a very small pilot hole first and then drill a second one. No big deal.

It looks slippery, but I have never had any retention issues with it. I wear gloves while hunting in the winter time and have never had any problem gripping the carbine.

If you want extra gripping surface, a strip or two of skateboard tape where you normally grab with your support hand would serve you well.

It has become the one rifle that I seem to grab first when I am heading for the hills.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For those with CF tubes, what's the difference between the stock barrel nut and the one supplied with your cf tube? Just thinking outloud about fabbing up my own CF tube and epoxying it to the stock barrel nut setup. Could be a novel idea if it works. No need the even remove the barrel. Laying up CF is no big deal. WDO

- Henry Ford
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sagebrush!!!!!
You gotta quit posting that pic of that rifle balancing on the fence post!!! It's killing me man!!
I want to build the same gun and I know I've gotta wait, but every thread I open there she is again! Finest looking LW AR on the site!!!
Who put the Yote on the lower??
I'm calling Clark tomorrow and putting an ACE stock in my stocking for Xmas!!!
Tired of looking at that rifle!!!
Or just send it my way and I'll send ya a colt.

JB

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (17Fan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.