Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They dont make key boards for those with big hands...what can I say?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Heck I am typing one handed on a laptop...not bad for a retard huh? wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Burnsie...My comments are part of the public record...make an FOIA request.

You really are a piece of work. You want a Freedom of Information Act request to show your actual comments in the wolf reintroduction but you refuse to provide your name and address??

You and I both know you wanted the wolf.

Wyoming and Montana and Idaho all followed the best plan for each state they could come up with.

With Yellowstone mostly in our state we had other issues to deal with than ID or MT but I hope the best for both ID and MT.

Wyoming had an approved plan and was whacking wolves until judicial activism shut us down. We had a scientifically based, sound plan that worked perfectly in the frame work of the original reintroduction plan. The reintroduction plan that most in Wyoming were not in favor of nor supported but you thought was a great idea because it provided you with employment.

Quit your whining because the wolf has kept you in your safe government job. You will not have to actually go out into the work force and prove you have the skills to get hired.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Burnsie,

If Wyomings plan was scientifically based and worked so well...why did a judge rule that it was unaccaptable?

Bigger question, why did the same "activist" judge rule in favor of Montana and Idaho's plans and find them totally acceptable.

Strange? Dont you think?

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/17/11.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

The reintroduction plan that most in Wyoming were not in favor of nor supported.

More misinformation....the public record is more than clear:

Out of 70,000 comments and votes, all but 2,000 favored wolf reintroduction (Fischer 1995).

Apparently most in Wyoming in either didnt take the time to comment or were in favor of reintroduction...and those are the facts directly for the EIS.

The facts are what they are....your BS knows no bounds.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well shoot Buzzy, let's just cut to the chase.

Were you in favor of the reintroduction of wolves?

To be blunt if you were against it then we are on the same side.

If you were in favor then we have a disagreement as I think it was a bad idea.

No BS here Buzzy, Do you want wolves or not?

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/18/11.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Self preservation aside if you were/are in favor of the re-introduction(aka current chitshow) you are a dumbass.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
No, I'm not happy at all that wolves are killing livestock, mainly because ranchers are compensated at 167% of the value of their livestock from a wolf kill

Yeah sure. If and only if they can prove a wolf did it. We all know how [bleep] hard it is to get that done. It's a struggle even when it is blatantly obvious.

If Wyomings plan was scientifically based and worked so well...why did a judge rule that it was unaccaptable?

Bigger question, why did the same "activist" judge rule in favor of Montana and Idaho's plans and find them totally acceptable.

Strange? Dont you think?

really... you work in the gubmint and can't figure it out? Hint, It has to do with currency, politics and persuasion.

You really are a piece of work. You want a Freedom of Information Act request to show your actual comments in the wolf reintroduction but you refuse to provide your name and address??

Prezactly! These guys are good at smoke and mirrors. They hint that they are transparent and willing to cooperate yet always insure there is red tape in the way in some form whether visible or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ranch13 and eh76,
While I realize comprehension is tough on you both...

http://www.class.uidaho.edu/KPGeorge/issues/wolves_reintroduction/reintroduction_question.htm

Show me where an established wolf population would have stopped reintroduction...

The Wyoming Farm Bureau made a failed attempt to stop it.

Originally Posted by Excerp from Buzzys link.

During the late summer of 1992, the reintroduction process was nearly halted. In August, a park visitor filmed a large black animal that clearly appeared to be a wolf. Following that incident, a wolf was shot south of Yellowstone National Park (Fischer 1995). These sightings were significant because the reintroduction process can proceed only if the animal to be reintroduced is indeed extinct in the area. In addition, the reintroduced wolves would most likely be considered an experimental population. Discerning the difference between wolves receiving full protection and wild wolves could be difficult. However, in spite of the evidence of wolves, experts concluded that is was not possible that a viable breeding population of wolves could already exist in Yellowstone. They contended that the wolves seen were dispersers, not members of a pack (Fischer 1995).

This is a shining example of Buzzys lack of understanding of the true situation.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not only that John, it also prooves he's a lying little sonofabitch. The lowest of the the low slime.And those that choose to try and defend his actions in this and other of his malfunctions are not one bit better.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
John, he's attempting to find justification for his job. Like you said he's have a hard time selling himself outside the gubmint in the real work force.
He had no problem however, watching the outfitters and ranchers crumble and loose their livelihood over the past 15 years.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Gotta tell you, Ranch 13, you are one miserable, ignorant human.
I wrote the letter signed by the Director of the Game and Fish Department saying we didn't need or want wolves in Wyoming, asking where the money to handle the problems they created was coming from, and asking how much big game would have to die before we could control wolves, or if they could even be controlled. Turns out the answer to the last question was a 75% loss of a big game herd two years in a row!
Then the ag-controlled members of the Game and Fish Commission told the Department nobody was allowed to talk about wolves, or even speak the word wolf. When the legislature decided to fight rather than make wolves trophy game animals, the guy in charge of wolves who couldn't speak the word said it wasn't going to make dealing with wolves any easier, and they tried to fire him.
As for getting off my lazy ass and dealing with wolves, you need to talk to those who prevented anyone in the Game and Fish Department from doing anything with wolves.
And just to keep this revved up a bit, I just read the report of the Absoraka elk study, and it isn't wolves that are killing calves, it's bears, both grizzly and black. In addition, the migratory elk, those going to the high country and Yellowstone, are suffering from poor nutrition due to several years of drought, producing few calves, while the elk living near the alfalfa fields are producing calves just fine. But that's data, not opinion, so it never fits in small minds with no room for facts,
And Ranch 13, if I ever get near your sorry, libelous butt, you are in deep trouble. Even though several people tried to get me fired because I never learned how to tell them what they wanted to hear, nobody fired me, I got tired of dealing with people like you. Since I am no longer a public figure, I don't have to put up with people urinating on me and teling me it's raining, so I can now sue your ass for libel. I will tolerate no more of your libelous bullshit. You will be civil or be in court. Is that clear? I will expect your apology on this website, or find yourself a lawyer.

Last edited by DrHJH; 12/18/11.

Living proof that expressing your opinion is not a good career advancement strategy.

There comes a time in a man's life when he has to start cutting and quit straddling fences. Ed Abbey
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Cocadori
No, I'm not happy at all that wolves are killing livestock, mainly because ranchers are compensated at 167% of the value of their livestock from a wolf kill

Yeah sure. If and only if they can prove a wolf did it. We all know how [bleep] hard it is to get that done. It's a struggle even when it is blatantly obvious.

[quote]If Wyomings plan was scientifically based and worked so well...why did a judge rule that it was unaccaptable?

Strange? Dont you think?

really... you work in the gubmint and can't figure it out? Hint, It has to do with currency, politics and persuasion.

Of course its all currency, politics and persuasion...couldnt be that Idaho and Montana just had acceptable plan...no, couldnt be that.

Also, for the record, apparently wolf predation has been proved a time or two in Wyoming...

The organization has paid 100 percent of the market value of confirmed livestock losses attributable to wolves and 50 percent of the value of probable losses attributable to wolves while wolves have been listed as an endangered species. To date, over 800 payments has been made to livestock producers, totaling more than $1,100,000. In Wyoming alone, it has compensated ranchers for over $350,000 in livestock losses. (1)

Its also fair to note that livestock losses can be "double dipped" through others that compensate them.

Another thing to note is that the tax payers fund the USDA in the form of Government Hunters to control predators for ranching interests. Thats a pretty sweet deal...and a clear form of a taxpayer subisidy specific to livestock interests. I'm sure no political motivation was ever involved in that program....

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/18/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well ok if they did not fire, or ask you to resign, then maybe you can explain the conditions of your leaving the Wyoming Game and Fish dept?
Maybe you can also explain why you did not go to the attorney general about being told to keep quiet about wolves?
Why did you not go out and inventory the wolves known to be in the region?
Some explanation of your continual attack on the ag community in this state might be helpful, after all they are just trying to protect their private property.
And last but not least "And Ranch 13, if I ever get near your sorry, libelous butt, you are in deep trouble." could possibly be construed as a threat of violance and bodily harm..... that's punishable by jail time...
The loss of the biggame herds is a tremendous loss, the loss of the private property rights of ranchers, farmers and other private land owners in this entire situation is a terrible attack on the freedom of the people of the state of Wyomng.
When you provide satisfactory answers then I'll decide whether or not I do indeed owe you an appology.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Cocadori
John, he's attempting to find justification for his job. Like you said he's have a hard time selling himself outside the gubmint in the real work force.
He had no problem however, watching the outfitters and ranchers crumble and loose their livelihood over the past 15 years.

Cocopuff,

My job is secure via the RPA...and has absolutely nothing to do with wolf recovery one way or the other. All I want is the wolves in Wyoming off the list and State control...and a wolf hunting season. That will never happen until Wyoming can come up with an accepted plan.

Secondly, if the outfitters and ranchers were worried about their livelihoods...they wouldnt have supported the WWC. They picked their side and they are suffering for it. Unfortunately, they are also laying the pipe to Wyomings Wildlife and Wyomings Hunters because of it.

The easy solution, that should have happened at least 6-7 years ago, would have been as simple as dropping dual classification.

They State of Wyoming has had multiple opportunities, as recently as a few months ago, to come up with an acceptable plan and join MT and ID in wolf management.

They failed to do so...and the piper is being well beyond paid for it.

Its a miserable and sorry group of people that make pawns of the Publics Wildlife over a grudge match. I will never support a group that threatens MY PUBLIC WILDLIFE...and they very cleary have been for a very long time. Intuitively obvious, even to the most casual of observers.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C

Of course its all currency, politics and persuasion...

At least you admit it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I fully admit that the reason why MT and ID have state control of wolves is because they came up with acceptable plans that satisfied both the FEIS and Courts.

No other reason.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Aww now you are calling me names. I'm flattered.

Also, for the record, apparently wolf predation has been proved a time or two in Wyoming...

The organization has paid 100 percent of the market value of confirmed livestock losses attributable to wolves and 50 percent of the value of probable losses attributable to wolves while wolves have been listed as an endangered species. To date, over 800 payments has been made to livestock producers, totaling more than $1,100,000. In Wyoming alone, it has compensated ranchers for over $350,000 in livestock losses. (1)

Its also fair to note that livestock losses can be "double dipped" through others that compensate them.

Another thing to note is that the tax payers fund the USDA in the form of Government Hunters to control predators for ranching interests. Thats a pretty sweet deal...and a clear form of a taxpayer subisidy specific to livestock interests. I'm sure no political motivation was ever involved in that program....

Yup the paid guns can't even keep up with the mess that has been created. See even you say that there is political motivation. Again, at least you admit it.

Yes there has been money handed out. But you know I know and all the ranchers know. Not nearly the amount that should have been due to "inconclusive evidence" which everyone knows is a crock.

You can throw out all the numbers you want but those numbers are useless without both sides.

Post how ,many claims were made in conjunction with how many claims were proven...

I guess there is really no way the judges and policy makers have been persuaded by politics, the elite and money, what was I thinking.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
cocopuff,

I provide facts...you provide nothing.

Congratulations?

Bottom line...Wyoming shat in its own bed...now they're laying in it.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
And what have you said really...?

How many here have caught you in lies and twisted words?

You've done well with providing one side of the equation.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,942
Posts18,519,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.