Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Normally I don't get into pissin contests with folks on the Fire but we are all still waiting to hear about all your negative experiences with Wiggy's products....

You have called a quality product "heavy", "bad quality" and "cold"...so please back up your claims....

I say you are nothing but a TROLL....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Many remember the K-Special.

I hope this gets my post count up?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by whizbangdaddy
Sorry for the long post....but people like 39 whole posts Mr. WizzBag who bad mouth a product and offer no back up piss me off....

It is not the number of post penus breath it is the amount of experence. People from NH piss me off.

Thanks for giving me the opp to up my post count to 40.

whizbangdaddy - are you going to answer the man's questions about your experience, or are you just another internet commando, long on verbiage, short on substance?

That's what I thought.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
You remember the K-Special David. Worse bag ever built.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Still no specifics, huh?

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
My appologies to David and RJM.

Here is the specifics. I started big game hunting [deer and elk] in the west in 1971. The first year was truck trailer camper camp. The next 39 years have been diy public land back pack or horse pack trips. This requires quality lightweight gear

My experience with wiggy bags has been heavy, bad quality, cold it would take a steam roller to compress one. Also very bad customer service from Jerry.

YMMV If you have had good experience great I'm happy for you.
Happy and succesful hunting to you.

Again thanks for the opportunity to up my post count.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Apology accepted....but what is a K-Special?

Bob

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Appology accepted as well.

K-special is version of K-Y that's specifically target for sex, I think.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by David_Walter

K-special is version of K-Y that's specifically target for sex, I think.

grin grin laugh laugh I don't think so. It was a wiggy bag originally called the Kifaru Special name was later changed. It didn't make the agreed upon weight or temp rating. A used one could probably be picked up fairly cheap.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have owned and used an old Eddie Bauer bag that was given to me (new) as a Christmas gift sometime in the mid sixties while living in the San Luis Valley in Colorado. Being as the fill is 52 oz. of the best down, it is a little heavier than it needs to be when backpacking but I have never had a night that was one of those cold sleepless ones. Fortunately I have never gotten it wet either and to this day, it still looks new. That was back when Eddie Bauer was the number one manufacturer of cold weather gear.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally from NH. Proud of it. We're on the right track if we're pissing off "people" like you, whizzplopmama.

Back on topic, I'm a big fan of Western Mountaineering. Worked for a retailer back in NEW HAMPSHIRE for a long time selling WM bags & they provide outstanding customer service to back up their outstanding product. I never had a complaint about any of their products. I personally own 6 WM bags - 3 tamaraks for my sons, 2 alder mf's for my wife and myself and a puma mf for myself. Before buying those bags, I owned a few Marmot, Mtn Hardware & Sierra Designs bags and reps had me try a lot of others that I didn't own. I was happy w/ most of them but none could match the quality of the construction or materials used by WM. Made in the USA.

Hey Gang,

You might want to take a look at the Snug Pak line of bags. One of the better performing bags-for-weight I've ever used. They use a Swiss made insulation called "Softie Premier" and it works even when wet. I fist saw the bags being used by the British and Australian Military in Afganistan. I now carry two of them in my plane and use one rated to 14 degrees with a silk liner as a backpack bag. Packs up about the size of two pound coffee can.They are a British made bag.

Skywagon

Low,slow and pull the power in the turns.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I spoke to one of the reps at the SnugPak booth last year at the SHOT Show... Be aware that now less than 1/2 their bags are made in England...the rest are made in china.... Had to ask the rep 4 times about cleaning the bag before he finally said if the bag was not dry cleaned the insulation would be ruined...

Not too long ago I was going to purchase one of their Jungle Bags from a distributor I use. They listed the origin of the black bag as England and the green bag as china. When I called to confirm the country of origin I was told both bags were made in china...I passed.

Bob

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for all the input guys! Keep it coming!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1911a1, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,723
Posts18,514,249
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.