-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, and BTW, RP is nuttier than squirrelshit.........

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

No one is even willing to make a public statement that he will be the nominee. Now, to me, that is a very good indication of his electability.

He remains a backbench looney from some jerkwater district in Texas.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Well,if you wanted him to stay in the top three in Iowa,I'd not be too quick with the "good for him"

It was a strategic bungling of the highest order and it manifests the amateurish mindset of his campaign team.

It was a politically stupid move and he'll pay a price for it. He didn't do anything other than draw greater scrutiny and attention to the allegations.

OK, i'm gonna take a shot in the dark, here, cause i haven't looked at the "newsletters" in question...

and i'll start off with the fact that i like a lot of what RP stands for... i believe in much of what he says... the man has some good ideas...

as to whether this interview walkoff will hurt him or not... i dunno, but it wasn't as bad as it might have been...
he was asked the same question 3 times... he succinctly, clearly, fully, and consistently answered each time... the reporter was obviously out of ammo, and the interview seemed over before he took the mike off and left... the reporter was in apology mode, and was trying to explain her own actions as the interview concluded...

that is one aspect...

another is that there is a large share of our population who agrees with some fairly racist sentiment... As Steve_NO pointed out, RP has had 20+ years to get to the bottom of this and seems never to have done so, of yet...

so RP, in the manner of politicians everywhere, has effectively said something that will benefit him with a share of the voters... he has publicly disavowed it so that he does not offend other voters...
and he has, while astride the fence, ignored questions aimed at either blaming him for the newsletter, or getting him to blame someone else...
ergo he gets credit for the newsletter with the voters who were in favor of the racist comments... he'll also, having disavowed the newsletter, get a pass from many who might have been offended...

so.. i don't care if he was responsible for the newsletters or not, he seemingly isn't the "different" political animal that he makes himself out to be... a lot of politicians achieved their station by courting some marginal segment of society, and then, after using them as a stepping stone to success, dropping them...

maybe the worst thing this says about RP is the he is just another "usual" politician...
i still like some of the ideas that he espouses... and i'm still looking for a leader to come along who can embody them, and make them work...

i do not believe RP to be that leader....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Nuttier then squirrel turds and as useless. He's a crackpot that should stay in his Libertarian party. Squirrel turds and smoke and mirrors. He listened to Rodney King too long. Can we just get along? Senile as is Henry Reid.

"Use a big enough gun!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul might be nuttier than squirrel turds but he still beats the schitt out of the rest of the GOP field.

If you want to continue voting for politicians who will increase the size of govt, spend more than they take in and keeping passing boogeyman legislation that empowers themselves at the expense of your rights and freedoms,....well go right ahead.

Just don't go complaining how crappy things get when you refused to even consider the possibility of thinking for yourself rather than letting big government polticians do it for you.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
Paul might be nuttier than squirrel turds but he still beats the schitt out of the rest of the GOP field.

If you want to continue voting for politicians who will increase the size of govt, spend more than they take in and keeping passing boogeyman legislation that empowers themselves at the expense of your rights and freedoms,....well go right ahead.

Just don't go complaining how crappy things get when you refused to even consider the possibility of thinking for yourself rather than letting big government polticians do it for you.
+1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
johnw, give us one snippet from the newsletters that you believe is racist. Not that Paul had anything to do with them, but just curious what all the hoopla is about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
johnw, give us one snippet from the newsletters that you believe is racist. Not that Paul had anything to do with them, but just curious what all the hoopla is about.

TRH it's about character assasination if you haven't noticed the driveby media has done it to every GOP candidate. Before they didn't bother him because he was so low in the polls. As they killed off his competition he became the target.

That pattern is going to continue in support of their wonder obama until next November.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 12/22/11.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
"The tyranny of the ignoramuses is insurmountable and assured for all time."

- Albert Einstein

welcome back, you minions need the help. so does RP. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

how long do you think you'd have your job if you circulated a The Real Hawkeye newsletter that said the prinicpal blows, then said.....not that The Real Hawkeye had anything to do with The Real Hawkeye Newsletter.

It's not so much about the content as it is about his weasely and evasive handling of it. His version means one of two things....he's an incompetent idiot, or he's a liar. And I don't think he's an idiot.

If he's taking the fall for Lew Rockwell, then man up and do it. If he really wrote them, then man up and say so. If he really didn't know what was going out under his own name in his own newsletter, then man up and withdraw from the race, because he obviously is too incompetent to manage the executive branch.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

If he's taking the fall for Lew Rockwell, then man up and do it.
Taking the fall for what? Give me a short quote that's problematic.

Also, if he had no part to play in the newsletters, what's wrong with stating that's in fact the case? I'm not seeing where you get either incompetence or lying from that.

PS How many of you folks think your Congressman has anything to do with all the publications they send out to their constituents?

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rrroae

+1

+ some more.

With Romney, there is just too great a potential of 8 years of Obamalite.

Paul will have nothing to do with the R's losing this election, even if he bolts to third party.
Take a gander at this field... it will be a self-inflicted defeat.

He is an alternative to the same old same and perhaps, gets enough juice going to inspire future acolytes of true limited government.

I'd rather have Obama for another 4 and let the pendulum finish swinging than have RINO's into perpetuity...

At this point, at least for me, it isn't ABO but ABaRINO.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

PS How many of you folks think your Congressman has anything to do with all the publications they send out to their constituents?

how many think your Congressman can get away with denying his own quotes in his own newsletter, by sayin....sorry folks, I'm such a dumbass I didn't know what the heck they were putting out in my name....month after month.

BTW, this wasn't his congressional newsletter, it was his extra special one to his super friends. Guess he and Lew didn't realize somebody who wasn't a Super-friend might read it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
how many think your Congressman can get away with denying his own quotes in his own newsletter, by sayin....sorry folks, I'm such a dumbass I didn't know what the heck they were putting out in my name....month after month.

BTW, this wasn't his congressional newsletter, it was his extra special one to his super friends. Guess he and Lew didn't realize somebody who wasn't a Super-friend might read it.

Do I understand correctly, he also made a million bucks off this thing he doesn't know anything about?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

What was said that was problematic?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is the CNN interview Paul did just a day or so before Borger's attempted hit piece. He asked her why she didn't just watch the CNN interview he had just completed that asked (and he answered) the same stupid questions she was asking, over and over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wRqfBLkkybA[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Seems pretty clear to me. I can't see how either the neocons or the mainstream left are going to make much hay out of this.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mengele was another doctor who didn't care for blacks or jews

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You really are a dumbazz.

Originally Posted by watch4bear
Mengele was another doctor who didn't care for blacks or jews

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right now one of the biggest racists of our era sits on the throne and you're worried about Ron Paul? I frankly DGAF.

Next...

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1936M71, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,856
Posts18,497,066
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.