H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Some technical assistance for ya....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably have to get some real biker lessons from Jesse James.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
first off, ya ain't a real biker unless yer bike is stolen.

GOA
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Real bikers are a rare breed. Harley riders are a dime a dozen.

"Use a big enough gun!"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I take it ya'll don't like Harleys....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RugerNo3

Yeah. I know several "bikers" that haul their Harleys to a spot near Sturgis, unload them and ride into town acting just as tough as the real bikers. HA!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by RugerNo3

Yeah. I know several "bikers" that haul their Harleys to a spot near Sturgis, unload them and ride into town acting just as tough as the real bikers. HA!

They own bikes but are a not even in the same ball park with 1% bikers

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very true but they like to think they are.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People like them make me tempted to sell my Harley

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why would anyone want to be or even pretend to be a 1%er? Not like that's anything one should want to brag up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yup i know a few banditos, their not the kind of people you would want to emulate.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used a bad choice earlier saying 1%. I would call Birdie a "biker" and he is in no way a 1%er. and damn sure not a Sunday afternoon fat yuppie harley rider playing biker [bleep].

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
If you can't laugh with them, laugh at them. What said is true. On the other hand, HD makes bikes you can travel on, and get parts anywhere if needed. I can't say that for my Triumph.

One guy I know said he didn't like meeting himself every time he went around a corner.

I know of some guys who went to Sturgis and got temporary transfer tattoos, that would really embarras me.

One friend and the neighbor both have Road Kings with the Screaming Eagle stuff--around 6 or 8 more horses, but something like 30 or 40 pounds more torque at mid range.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

That is what we call RUB's - Rich Urban Bikers

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I know all about how to become a real biker. I watched 'Wild Hogs' with Tim Allen & John Travolta.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rode for 30 years and then sold my last bike a few years after my son (was born about 5 years ago). There are some pretty undesirable folks in ALL types of 'bikers' but by and large MOST folks regardless of type are genuinely good folks. The video does absolutely characterize one of the less desirable (and frankly more amusing) subsets. Generally though, they buy the bike, it sits in the garage, the wife female dogs at them for it taking up space and not getting ridden, and then they sell it after a few years with very little mileage. That's the lucky ones. The unlucky ones straighten out a curve in the first 1,000 miles and wind up leaving others behind or eating through a straw.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would call Birdie a "biker" and he is in no way a 1%er. and damn sure not a Sunday afternoon fat yuppie harley rider playing biker [bleep].

Well hey, thanks cool

Maybe I WAS a biker, or something close, for more'n a decade bikes were my only means of transportation. Thats how I met and courted my wife (and some other girls before that grin)

Ain't sure how to define the term. One things for sure, motorcycles have to be a central focus in your life, but thats stating the obvious. There probably oughtta be a miles/hours per year requirement too, more'n a few Harleys sit for months at a time and/or just get ridden to the bar once a week.

No one doubts that 1%ers are bikers, so maybe a Harley is required.

Actually, the COOLEST bikers I have met were old guys, independents, maybe formerly of an outlaw club. Old guys with nothing to prove, no axes to grind, been there done that, and most often been on and rebuilt the same bike for years.

Weren't a whole lot of them though.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
People like them make me tempted to sell my Harley

I know how you feel. I am even tempted to sell my quite warm and useful black leather jacket so as not to be lumped into the same pot as all of the yuppie harley riders who try to look and act like a 1%'er. I have been around enough 1% guys and know enough about them to know that I want nothing to do with emulating them. I am finally old enough to not wish to pretend to be anything that I am not. I am who and what I am be decisions I made and divine providence. What is the point of pretending otherwise? My toughness and masculenity is defined in other ways. Ways that I am proud of.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,764
Posts18,495,635
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.