Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Buffets income isn't wage salary,meathead,his secretary has W-2 employment income.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I paid quarterly taxes for 10 years and I wouldn't hire anyone untill the raghead is long gone.
But Ill still take my 800..Thank you very much.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
who gives a chit.
that lawyer talk.?
Its still income.
dave

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
So, who is the union supporting up there this time, dave? Where are those dues going in '12? Same place as '08?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Before you write in and complain that the rich pay the lion's share of taxes, please note that we are taking about the mega-rich. As my colleague Carla Fried points out, As a share of total income and taxes paid in the U.S. in 2008, here's what the 400 wealthiest households contributed:

13.1 percent of all capital gains
4.6 percent of all dividend income
3.6 percent of all taxable interest
1.3 percent of the value of all itemized deductions
1.3 percent of total adjusted gross income
0.15 percent of all salaries and wages
5.2 percent of all charitable deductions
Add it all up, and in 2008 the total tax bill for the 400 wealthiest was $19.6 billion, accounting for 1.9 percent of all the income tax collected by the IRS. Everyone knows that taxing this one group will not dig us out of our $14 trillion debt hole, but he sure does make a compelling case of basic fairness. I can't wait to read the Huelskamp response.

Let's assume the data you posted is accurate. 400 households - that's around 0.0004% of the households in the U.S. That 0.0004% pays 13.1% of the capital gains taxes. That 0.0004% gives enough to charity for 5.2% of the charitable deductions. When you consider that that 0.0004% accounts for only 0.15% of the salaries and wages, you see that the other 99.9996% of the households in the U.S. account for 99.85% of the salaries and wages in the U.S. That's what your numbers say - 99.85% of the salary and wages in the U.S. are earned by 99.9996% of the population.

The taxes on 99.85% of the salary and wages in this country SHOULD be able to pay for the expenses of the federal government. The taxes on the other 0.15% of salary and wages should cover part of the year-to-year fluctuations in tax revenue.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Before you write in and complain that the rich pay the lion's share of taxes, please note that we are taking about the mega-rich. As my colleague Carla Fried points out, As a share of total income and taxes paid in the U.S. in 2008, here's what the 400 wealthiest households contributed:

Add it all up, and in 2008 the total tax bill for the 400 wealthiest was $19.6 billion, accounting for 1.9 percent of all the income tax collected by the IRS. Everyone knows that taxing this one group will not dig us out of our $14 trillion debt hole, but he sure does make a compelling case of basic fairness. I can't wait to read the Huelskamp response.

Let's assume the data you posted is accurate. 400 households - that's around 0.0004% of the households in the U.S. That 0.0004% pays 13.1% of the capital gains taxes. That 0.0004% gives enough to charity for 5.2% of the charitable deductions. When you consider that that 0.0004% accounts for only 0.15% of the salaries and wages, you see that the other 99.9996% of the households in the U.S. account for 99.85% of the salaries and wages in the U.S. That's what your numbers say - 99.85% of the salary and wages in the U.S. are earned by 99.9996% of the population.

The taxes on 99.85% of the salary and wages in this country SHOULD be able to pay for the expenses of the federal government. The taxes on the other 0.15% of salary and wages should cover part of the year-to-year fluctuations in tax revenue.

Quit it. Unionistas HATE actual facts, numbers, and economics. It just humps them right up.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Leave it to lazy coward simpletons to believe anything good will come out of DC. Nothing will change via the ballot box, unless it's for the worse.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Quit it. Unionistas HATE actual facts, numbers, and economics. It just humps them right up.

They just can't see the whole forest because there is that one little shiny tree....

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone knows that taxing this one group will not dig us out of our $14 trillion debt hole, but he sure does make a compelling case of basic fairness.

my point.

Im a fan of Glover Norquist.
Lower the rate broaden the base.
But that takes real work.
Just not something your going to see out of DC>

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave7mm you want the rich to pay their fare share, so it is time you payed your fair share , so why not give them the 800.00 and add another 800.00 just to make it fair.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Everyone knows that taxing this one group will not dig us out of our $14 trillion debt hole, but he sure does make a compelling case of basic fairness.

my point.

dave

So why don't we just tax everybody at 15% of their salary and wages, no deductions, and at 10% of their capital gains and interest. That would be "fair" wouldn't it?

Pass a constitutional amendment that the federal government can't spend more during a rolling 10-year period than tax revenue for that period, excluding only specific war expenditures during times of declared war (Congress has to declare war, per the Constitution), and the federal government can't spend more than 110% of the previous year's tax revenue, excluding specific war expenditures, in any given year.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

my point.

dave

So why don't we just tax everybody at 15% of their salary and wages, no deductions, and at 10% of their capital gains and interest. That would be "fair" wouldn't it?

Pass a constitutional amendment that the federal government can't spend more during a rolling 10-year period than tax revenue for that period, excluding only specific war expenditures during times of declared war (Congress has to declare war, per the Constitution), and the federal government can't spend more than 110% of the previous year's tax revenue, excluding specific war expenditures, in any given year.

Doesn't have union support....

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

my point.

dave

You should run for president.

dave

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

my point.

dave

You should run for president.

dave

Would the unionistas and their dues money support him, or would it continue to go to Hussein and those like him?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If my little calculator worked right those 400 people paid an average of 49 million apiece. Pretty good chunk of change. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about Warren Buffett.
The people who work for him pay what? 30 38%...
Whats Warren pay?
That rich enough for ya.

Im not in favor of more taxes,not at all.
But the upper crust is not paying much if anything.
Of course when you can buy the reps and senators that write the tax laws.
Our system is all about money.
Never forget it.

dave

You really want to try and use Buffet?
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-16/opinion/miron.buffett.wrong_1_income-tax-code-crony-capitalism?_s=PM:OPINION
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903999904576466541882356616.html
http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=13582
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/29/warren-buffett-taxes-berkshire-hathaway_n_941099.html

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Okay its both sides raising the Limits that have cost us over the years. Check out the chart. You young'ens don't sabe how things are done in D.C. They then spent the money when it was put into the general fund... $2.5 trillion at last count. They put IOU's in the fund but they have no 'income' to pay us back. They could raise taxes and then spend that because it would still go into the General fund! Look at the history of the SS rates.

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/supplement/2010/2a1-2a7.html#table2.a3

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lingoch
Okay its both sides raising the Limits that have cost us over the years. Check out the chart. You young'ens don't sabe how things are done in D.C. They then spent the money when it was put into the general fund... $2.5 trillion at last count. They put IOU's in the fund but they have no 'income' to pay us back. They could raise taxes and then spend that because it would still go into the General fund! Look at the history of the SS rates.

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/supplement/2010/2a1-2a7.html#table2.a3

Yep that old Republican from Texas LBJ really fixed us up when he rolled the SS trust into the general fund. wink

NRA Lifetime Member
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Well let me see... there have been 8 different presidents since LBJ (my least favorite other than the O) and none have stopped SS from being in the 'general fund'. Both sides have looted it and now they say its 'broken' and needs to be done away with. Kind of like the neighbor that takes your lawn mower without permission and returns it broken out of gas and worthless.
We still are owed the money that was misspent on "Social programs" to the tune of, lets say $11trillion since 1965. I think a good solution would be to seize all the Lawmakers retirement funds and put it in SS for a start. Oh Merry Christmas!

dave7mm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Oh,NO.
The re-pub-low-craps would never do anything like that.
I dont much care for Perry.
But I actually like his idea of making the house and senate part time.
dave

[Linked Image]

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,039
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.