Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKHntr
How many of you Worshipped Robin Hood when you were little? :)What went so terribly wrong in your pitiful lives to make you the mean and nasty curmundgeons you've become? Do you stand in the street and shout obscenities to the kids playing too?

Suck it up Buttercups...Write the Check!

Return to earth and stop being so stupid and intellectually dishonest!

Yes we worshiped Robin Hood "when we were little", but Robin Hood as portrayed by Walter Scott was a perfect if impossible hero.

Barack Hussein Obama and his inspirators: Bill Ayers, Saul Alinsky, Che Guevara, Lenin, Trotsky, etc. were/are are not Robin Hood like! Not only they are not/were not perfect heroes, they only speak/spoke lies and meant to destroy a society which works to replace it by a society that destroys humans before it eventually self-destructs... Remember the USSR?

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
GB1

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The vast majority of us do not have a problem helping those in true need, but the "entitlement" folks are getting to be a real drain on the economy and patience of those that are forced to pay for it.

A lot of people spend a considerable amount of their time & treasure helping those in NEED, the government FORCES us to give more with no say in how it is spent. And those that PAID into the Social Security system, by force of law, for 40-50 years are now lumped with the entitlement folks, BS, THEY paid for their benefits and are OWED them.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'm 'bout ready to quit workin and line up for the gubment cheese!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Excuse me, but diabled people are cared for because they have paid into special accounts for such things. Not so, with many of the other have nots. E

Did I miss some distinction in the OP's post? Seems there were only two groups, those who pay and those who don't.

Did you know that for every SS dollar spent on retirement benefits eight dollars are spend on the blind, the disabled and children who have had one or more parents die or become disabled. Yes, there are freeloaders and those taking advantage of the system, but no such distinction was made in the OP's post, which sounds like something Ebenezer Scrooge would write before his visitations.

Taking care of the invalid, widows, orphans...is the responsibility of the Church...not .gov extorting from the citizenry.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Here's what I'm talkin bout! The truly disabled, and the elderly should get the free stuff! The truly un-employed should get free stuff. What pices me off are the people that have never worked,,never intend to work, and raise their kids with the mentality---and it's workin!!! And that same batch of 'free-stuffers' are listed in the unemployment rate.
Now for Paul Harvey's "Rest of the story" ...GET USED TO IT!
It aint gonna change: Us,'payers of the free stuff' are in the minority... but do not fall into the category of 'minority group'
Gooday!

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Big difference between people who are truly in need and people who are just lazy. We need to go back to the Pilgrim's mantra for the lazy: "If you don't work, you don't eat..."

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
I'm 'bout ready to quit workin and line up for the gubment cheese!

That gubment cheese is about the best thing I have ever seen the goverment do! I don't know why we can't buy cheese that taste that good!

I'm all for charity too! But I want to pick who I think is deserving of my charity, not the goverment!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
There is a big difference between those who have hardship forced upon them and those who seek public assistance as a lifestyle.

I will gladly give you a whole lot more than I will let you try to take from me by trickery or force. Being forced to support able bodied people who choose not to support themselves would anger Scrooge even after his visitations.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
T Lee--- Hit the Nail right on the head--- One of my best friends died at an early age because people handed him money and instead of working everyday to get money ,he drank all day. Free- His enablers could not see that they were killing him at a slow pace. Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Excuse me, but diabled people are cared for because they have paid into special accounts for such things. Not so, with many of the other have nots. E

Did I miss some distinction in the OP's post? Seems there were only two groups, those who pay and those who don't.

Did you know that for every SS dollar spent on retirement benefits eight dollars are spend on the blind, the disabled and children who have had one or more parents die or become disabled. Yes, there are freeloaders and those taking advantage of the system, but no such distinction was made in the OP's post, which sounds like something Ebenezer Scrooge would write before his visitations.

Taking care of the invalid, widows, orphans...is the responsibility of the Church...not .gov extorting from the citizenry.

I don't see that anywhere in the Constitution.

IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I don't recall anywhere in the Constitution that states that people must be given money if they do not want to earn it themselves.

Last edited by Notropis; 12/24/11. Reason: speling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
first off, i don't think anything in the OP was aimed at the fundamentally disabled of any sort... and i think that TLee's life and actions will bear that out...

the example of nebuchadnezer was used above, but the words of Paul to the Church at Thessalonika were more fitting...
"if a man shall not work, neither shall he eat"...

the church is admonished not to weary of doing good for those who truly need it... those who lay about gossiping whilst partaking of the bread of others are shown the door....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Government confiscation to facilitate politicians pandering for power is not

charity. It is societal destruction through the development of dependency which is

corrosive to the human spirit.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
PS Self identified conservatives routinely give more to charity than self identified liberals. ;-{<8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by teal
Wish we had a Whataburger round here.

I know that's right !!

We have plenty in Texas and we bask in it.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That about sums it up.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You're using a very broad brush, indeed. We all need the real free stuff like air and sunlight to live, and but for the grace of God any one of us could be or become disabled or made destitute not of our own doing. Don't make Nebuchadnezzar's mistake. -- Daniel 4:29-32

It's not the needy that are destroying the system...it's the able bodied freeloaders that know & work the system that are the problem...let me give you a few examples...

When I was in high school, there was a guy named Dave that didn't work but always had the best wheels...always had money.
Found out later that his dad had died of a heart attack & the guy I thought was his father was actually his step dad. Even though his mom & step dad worked good paying jobs, he was collecting on his dads SS...

Another is my ex sister in law...She had a mild form (supposedly) of scoliosis that allowed her to collect disability...she also had her two sons on the dole...one had a supposed mild form of cerebral palsy & the other was supposedly mildly retarded...she received a monthly stipend of over $2400 a month & there wasn't a damn thing REALLY physically wrong with any of them...

One other that still sticks in my craw is a guy I met while gold dredging...he was getting disability for a bad back...though to see him moving rocks in the river & working his dredge, you'd never guess he was "DISABLED"...

As bad as the economy is right now, nobody can tell me that we've needed all these "extensions" for unemployment compensation...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Notropis
I don't recall anywhere in the Constitution that states that people must be given money if they do not want to earn it themselves.

But the constitution does give congress the power to tax and spend money in whatever way the politics of the day allows. Certainly that can change, but let's not lump all people who receive more than they give into the same bucket.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
first off, i don't think anything in the OP was aimed at the fundamentally disabled of any sort... and i think that TLee's life and actions will bear that out...

the example of nebuchadnezer was used above, but the words of Paul to the Church at Thessalonika were more fitting...
"if a man shall not work, neither shall he eat"...

the church is admonished not to weary of doing good for those who truly need it... those who lay about gossiping whilst partaking of the bread of others are shown the door....

As I stated before, I didn't see any such distinctions in the OP, had there been such we would all agree.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
You're using a very broad brush, indeed. We all need the real free stuff like air and sunlight to live, and but for the grace of God any one of us could be or become disabled or made destitute not of our own doing. Don't make Nebuchadnezzar's mistake. -- Daniel 4:29-32

It's not the needy that are destroying the system...it's the able bodied freeloaders that know & work the system that are the problem...let me give you a few examples...

When I was in high school, there was a guy named Dave that didn't work but always had the best wheels...always had money.
Found out later that his dad had died of a heart attack & the guy I thought was his father was actually his step dad. Even though his mom & step dad worked good paying jobs, he was collecting on his dads SS...

Another is my ex sister in law...She had a mild form (supposedly) of scoliosis that allowed her to collect disability...she also had her two sons on the dole...one had a supposed mild form of cerebral palsy & the other was supposedly mildly retarded...she received a monthly stipend of over $2400 a month & there wasn't a damn thing REALLY physically wrong with any of them...

One other that still sticks in my craw is a guy I met while gold dredging...he was getting disability for a bad back...though to see him moving rocks in the river & working his dredge, you'd never guess he was "DISABLED"...

As bad as the economy is right now, nobody can tell me that we've needed all these "extensions" for unemployment compensation...

My point is that no such distinctions are made in the OP; it was a very broad brush of those who pay and those who receive.

You list cases where some are getting a free ride and I agree with you on such cases, but don't cheer on someone who lumps them in with people born with physical or mental disabilities, or those who are down on their luck temporarily.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.