Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
female, 2 yr old I think
[Linked Image]
MB 550...
[Linked Image]
yote/grey double, grey's on the right in the same trap that held the other female 2 days earlier. check out the location. calf dump/boneyard a few hundred yards down on the left by those pines. If a fella doesn't set this it's time for golf.
[Linked Image]
same dog, alpha female, fairly agressive
[Linked Image]
alpha male, gave me a good howl
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope you tranqualized them, took em' to a vet, released them in a National Park and made a nice donation to PETA............

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice...I boiled all my 650's last night. Deer season is over next Sunday and the yote trapping begins. I set a bunch of snares too, just because they don't wash out. Flat sets, I'm guessin?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've been wanting to try some of the MB550's or 650's for a while. I have so many traps I cant make myself order any. I wish I could find someone looking to cash out on their MB's. Nice catch BTW!!

Joseph

Joseph
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nice looking coyotes there. I was just asked to trap out some nuisance beavers this morning. Hopefully I will be posting some of those pics up.

-Piss into the wind.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool

Originally Posted by deflave
Get your dick out of that rooster and go to church.

Travis
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice yote pics that was sure a good catch on that yote

Take a kid huntin /fishin/trappin/shootin, you won't regret it
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Interesting... a couple questions that might be dumb, but I am not a trapper, so please pardon my ignorance:
how do you keep huntin' dogs out of the traps? don't they run a lot of beagles down that way in the Tidewater area?
How do you keep boyscouts out of them? most kids i know would find a trap and consider it a challenge...

smile

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Awesome!

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dogger
Interesting... a couple questions that might be dumb, but I am not a trapper, so please pardon my ignorance:
how do you keep huntin' dogs out of the traps? don't they run a lot of beagles down that way in the Tidewater area?
How do you keep boyscouts out of them? most kids i know would find a trap and consider it a challenge...

smile

I don't trap the tidewater area. Look at the paw in the trap above, it's not going to hurt a dog. Currently I trap only private land with permission. I have caught dogs and released them unharmed. On public land trappers and hunters can coexist peacefully. Everybody just has to recognize that they are sharing the resource. On public land, dog owners are responsible for their own dogs and the risks associated with sharing the resource. There is little risk that legal traps will harm a dog. But if a hunter is unwilling to accept the risk that his dog may step on a legal foothold, he should not hunt public land during trapping season.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
it sure does my heart good to see a coyote in a trap....you go brother.......

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Those pics are great!

I used to trap as a kid but didn't know a whole lot about it.

I used my pocket gopher trapping money to buy some bigger traps for red fox because at that time, there were not alot of coyotes around. I was self taught and caught skunks more than anything.

I am really getting interested in taking it up again to thin out the coyotes. The deer population is suffering around here and after what I have read about how many fawns one breeding pair of coyotes take, it is time to do something about it. Besides that, they are killing our dogs around here. It is time to act.

It is so nice to have these resources like the campfire on internet to learn from!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
If you want to trap yotes, I highly recommend the 2 coil MB 550.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by readonly
If you want to trap yotes, I highly recommend the 2 coil MB 550.

Just from the little research I have done so far, that is exactly the trap I'm looking at getting.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
readonly, that is interesting... i need to learn more about trapping...

my wife's uncle used to run a trap line in North Georgia back in the 50s and 60s... she speaks fondly of going out with him to see what was in the traps...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
that is a good point, i have had a couple of my beagles get caught in traps, only if i was unable to get the dogs caught the same day i turned them lose. On our hunt club where i hnt my dogs now trapping is not allowed until after deer season goes out. For the most part if you keep up with your dogs, they will not get in a trap. One reason why i spent the money on a gps tracking system as well.

B&B Reloading Supplies

www.facebook.com/bbreloadingsupplies
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A local park has been closed int he city limits of Spartanburg SC due to 'yotes....and the state of SC does not allow for trapping them

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,139
Posts18,502,738
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.