Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just wondering how many states have a Christmas gun season? Here in AR we have a short Christmas season that runs from the 26th-28th and is the last firearm deer hunting for the year. Archery season continues through Feb. though.

I know for some of you the gun season runs a LONG time (you guys just pizz me off. ;)) But what about everyone else? Does the G&F Santa bring you a few extra days this time of year?

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Texas Whitetail season goes through the 1 Jan with an additional doe and spike season from 2 Jan to 15 Jan.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Texas Whitetail season goes through the 1 Jan with an additional doe and spike season from 2 Jan to 15 Jan.

John

Nice long seasons there! I really enjoyed chasing deer in that area when I was stationed right down the road from you at Fort Hood.

'Course I did see the biggest dang rattle snake I've ever heard of around there too. shocked

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Montana, the weekend after Thanksgiving spells the end for our deer & elk hunting. Anything after that would be area specific and probably a special depredation hunt. Before the wolves feasted at the banquet table, we had a late season elk hunt which ran the month of January and was our last opportunity to fill the freezer but is now a thing of the past. As I write this I'm wondering if fried wolf tastes like elk? My bad and I know it. Sorry.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am hunting the late Muzzleloader season in Iowa which goes till Jan. 10.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
IC B2

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Here in Louisiana gun season started last week end in October and runs till mid January and put a week on each end for muzzleloader

Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm going out for an evening hunt and it's raining like a cow whizzin' on a flat rock. frown Oh well, I'm sure this ol' model 99 has been rained once or twice since she left the factory in 1953. grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Aug 1st to Dec 31st for where I hunt. 5 deer limit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Land owner Rifle here in CT is still on and will be till Saturday at sundown. Guest can hunt with a Muzzle Loader and We get another thirty days with bows in January. I am mixed about that, since all the does would be bred by now. In fact I will not shoot a doe now. But with the situation we have in CT especially in Zones 11 and 12 I don't think it matters much. We get extra tags for every doe we shoot in 11+12, so I can take two, one either or and one doe. with that first doe tag I fill it they give me another, fill that one another, I can take four that way with a rifle, then I can do the same with Archery if I was so inclined. Its been a wet season, we had lots of rain and the temps been a bit on the warm side too. Last couple of days its been nice 40's for highs and in the mid teens for lows. I am holding out for a good buck, they are now eating to gain some from the rut. I hope to score before the season ends. Then again bucks that make it now will be better bucks next fall. Either way I had a great season.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deer season here runs to the 15th of Jan. followed by two weeks of spike and doe season.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deer season of some type or another runs from 10/01 thru 2/15 or so. We've still got a month and a half............

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Pa. has a flintlock and archery season that starts after Christmas and runs about 2 weeks. That is statewide. There is also an antlerless only season in the Special Regs (Philly/Pittsburgh areas) that runs until the end of January. That one is shotgun/any muzzleloader/archery.

Straight up rifle season is done until next year.

Dale

This space for rent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GA lease til 1/15, FL private land til 1/22, AL til 1/31, been at it since august, I'm wore out, deerless, but still motivated

Last edited by billy336; 12/26/11.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got to be carefull to read the regs in Texas. It goes by county.
In my county season ends Jan 1. Except for doe days you can only shoot does by permit issued to landowners. LAMPS OR MLD.

Quando Omni Moritati
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Our late season here is Muzzleloader and private land runs until 12/31.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm going out for an evening hunt and it's raining like a cow whizzin' on a flat rock.

It did not bother the deer. They are out there all the time. I filled my last tag yesterday (doe) at 4:15, in the rain. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton
I'm going out for an evening hunt and it's raining like a cow whizzin' on a flat rock.

It did not bother the deer. They are out there all the time. I filled my last tag yesterday (doe) at 4:15, in the rain. miles

You did better than I did. I didn't see anything but squirrels..lotsa' squirrels. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tenn. always starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving and ends Jan 1st.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Michigan has an antlerless-only private land season in the southern part of the state that runs from the end of muzzle loader on the 19th through New Year's Day.

On Christmas eve day I awoke to a nice blanket of fresh snow and was able to get out. I don't need another deer (have 2 in freezer already) but the landowner & my buddy both want venison.

I just built an AR and worked up some loads w/ 55 gr Hornady Spire Points. The scope is mounted high to see over the front sight, and when the 9 deer moved in I rushed and shot a hole in my blind as well as in a small tree in front of me blush .

That doe was as safe as at home in bed...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
oklahoma archery season is from ocotber 1 through january 15. We have a special holiday gun season for does only around christmas

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,697
Posts18,494,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.