Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Hi all,

I am selling an unfired, blued .308 take from a Savage model 10.

Slight stuff marks from the smith to cracked it free, otherwise brand new.

$60 to your door shipped CONUS.

--Duck911

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
sporter weight?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'll take it if still available. E-mail me payment details.

tree_digger@hotmail.com

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Looks like it may be sold to Crimson.... PM coming your way...

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Scottie,

Is this the same barrel you sold to SeaFire a few months ago? You know, the one you accepted payment for and then refused to ship? The one you publicly acknowledged you cashed the check for and took your lady out for the night on the money?

Because if it is, then I intend to forward this link to SeaFire so he can initiate proceedings for mail fraud against you. Accepting payment through the U.S. Mail and then refusing to ship the item is a Federal Offense!

GENTS, BEWARE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!! HE STIFFED A FRIEND OF MINE ON THIS VERY BARREL SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. MY FRIEND SENT PAYMENT AND THIS GUY NOT ONLY RECEIVED PAYMENT AND CASHED THE PAYMENT, HE PUBLICLY STATED ON ANOTHER FORUM THAT HE TOOK HIS LADY OUT TO DINNER WITH THE MONEY. THE BARREL HAS NEVER BEEN SHIPPED.

Here's a link to his original offer to sell this barrel.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5757196/1

Be careful what you ask for because you just may get it someday.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oooopppss Doesn't look like this is going to be pretty.

Hunt smart, hunt safe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
sick

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am popping me some popcorn and getting a couple Beers, this could take a while. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If I was a betting man, I would say its the same barrel, how could a smith put the same slight marks on 2 different barrels. Time to fry this guy, sell it once on here and use the money and a few months latter sell the same barrel, thats just rude

Last edited by gemby58; 12/28/11.
IC B3

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Wow, looks like we may have us a misunderstanding. I appreciate Crimson for pointing me back to this post.

First, let me say that is IS the same barrel. Let me say a few more things:

1) I have sold HUNDREDS of items here, on Thehighroad, TheFiringLine, Ebay, Rimfirecentral, predatormasterforums, accuratereloading forums, Gunbroker, and other places I probably cannot even recall. I have never had a single negative comment for feedback, and in fact always have had A+++ ratings anywhere I have ever sold. Feel free to verify that - the user name is usually Duck911.

2) Seafire and I *did* have a deal. Looking back at my IM's:

--We finalized the deal on 9/19.
--On 9/30 I asked him where the PO Money order was - it was never received.
--On 10/1 he said his MO was trackable and he'd cancel it and send another
--On 10/10 I told him I had STILL not received a MO
--on 10/10 he said he actually had NOT send a duplicate MO

At that point, I got busy, bored, frustrated, or all of the above. That was the last correspondence we had. Not following up was *my fault* and probably caused some of this misunderstanding, and for that I apologize. I have no reason to think Seafire isn't a standup guy, but to be fair I have never had a payment issue like this, either.

Life got busy, and I am back now still trying to sell the barrel (which is now sold)

But let me make something REALLY crystal clear:

I never said I have received payment, and I never said publicly I "cashed it and took my wife out to dinner". If someone can produce that statement, I'd like to see it, because if it was typed it was by a moderator or someone who knows my password. Looks to me like Flag is a troll. 4 total posts, using my real name, stirring up [bleep]. If I had in fact pulled some fast one, I suspect I would have HEARD BACK from seafire since 10/10, which of course I never have.

Seafire, I will be sending you an IM pointing you back to this post. We can handle it one of three ways:

1) I never got, nor cashed a check. So if you can track it as you have suggested you can, I'd ask you cancel it and get a refund.
2) If you are unwilling, or unable to do that for whatever reason, let's talk off line and we will figure something out.
3) Send the postmaster general my direction, so I can prove my innocence. It will take no time at all to show my bank statements that would prove I never cashed a check from you.

Let me know what you'd like to do - I appreciate it.

Lastly...I have been a positive, active member of all over these forums and to be honest, sometimes the way you all treat family here leaves a lot to be desired. I have no ill feelings towards Seafire (again, I should have followed up and closed the transaction after no payment received for a month and a half) but I think that sometimes the rest of you think this type of post is entertainment. Maybe it's time to grow up a bit.

One can hope.

--Duck911

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Seafire's been pointed to this post and has my cell #, for those if you still chewing on your popcorn.

--Duck911

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
...and for fun.. here is a snapshot of some of the items I have bought or sold here in the last year. Each transaction was flawless, some resulting in "good guy" reports, and all with ZERO complaints. I don't expect any of these guys to jump into this fight, but here is the list that I can find quickly off the search function (and this is just THIS forum):

76_michael: (357 brass purchase - payment is IN THE MAIL)

Jcvibby: AR500 targets - I bought these in the last day or two and paid promptly, waiting shipment

Jimann sig brass - sold .357 Sig brass to Jimann and received Good Guy report from him

whiskeyjacked - sold him a weaver scope

CLOS - sold him some .204 bullets, resulted in a Good Guy report

rugernut - sold him a leupold handgun scope

Windymule - sold him some .38 bullets

Al1 - sold him a rifle scope

Ok, getting bored with this thread. Back to the hockey game. Seafire, if I don't hear from you tonight, I will call you tomorrow as you included your # in one of your PM's

--Duck911

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Interesting anonymous PM I just received:

I'm a poster on AR where Flags has been posting that you are a poster there called Daman.

He and seafire have both, in fact, posting very negative things about you there and as far as I can tell the moderators are deleting them as fast as they go up.

Seafire also posted there that he was never going to buy that barrel, it was a setup to prove you and Daman (who also posts that he lives in Loveland) are one and the same. They have alos posted pictures of you and your wife which have also been deleted.

I send you this so you know why those idiots Flags and Seafire have targeted your selling posts.

I think this more than clears my name. Seafire and Flags have posted flat out lies about me cashing a check, and have admitted it in another forum. I also noticed that the post linked to earlier in this thread was removed by a moderator on accurate reloading forums (likely for the same reason?).

Seafire - I still plan on calling you tomorrow, although the conversation will now take a decidedly different path. (although I bet the phone number you sent is not a valid #...)

You can also be sure that I will direct every buyer or seller to this thread if I see they plan on doing business with you on ANY forum going forward.

What a waste of bandwidth this has been. *sigh*

--Duck911

Last edited by duck911; 12/28/11.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I know Seafire, have met him in person, and have had dealings with him. In every instance I have found him to be honest and generous, a true gentleman.

It will take a lot to convince me otherwise.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I think one obvious solution is for Seafire to take the high road and admit he made a mistake - he mistook me for some idiot over on AR15 and in his haste made some wrong assumptions about who I was and played some childish games with purchases with me here.

Case in point: In my very first PM to Seafire about this transaction, I specifically asked him for his shipping address so I could get the barrel IN THE MAIL. I nearly ALWAYS ship before payment is received, especially for my 24HCF family. In every other conversation we had over the next month and a half, he never once sent me his shipping address. If he had intended to buy the barrel, he would have sent me his address for shipping, and had he, I would have shipped the barrel. It's obvious now, that he never sent his address because he never intended to buy the barrel. His only purpose was to stir up [bleep].

It's pretty obvious at this point, considering my history here and everywhere else, plus the information above, that he and his buddy Flags barked up the wrong tree.

Based on the above, anyone with a lick of common sense can piece this story together.

Last edited by duck911; 12/28/11.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Curious, how does one post an anonymous PM? Anybody know how to do that?
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
Curious, how does one post an anonymous PM? Anybody know how to do that?
Jerry/AK

Pretty simple: You send a PM and assume that the recipient has enough common sense and a strong enough sense of ethics to not quote your name.

Pretty straightforward.

Incidentally, I received another (more detailed and pointed) PM stating the same thing.

Still waiting, Seafire...................

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
well post it here and let us all see what this anonymous PM had to say

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I did - look a couple of replies above.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 300_savage, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 264mag, 22 invisible), 15,031 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,334
Posts18,546,198
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.