-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Woke up early today to await the mailman so that I could receive my new Seekoutside 6 man tipi. I'll get pictures up shortly, but the camera is currently with the wife at the inlaws. First impression is that I am very pleased with it. Material, design, and execution all look really nice. Took a little bit to get a suitable pitch, but not at all bad for a first time. I liked the dedicated venting that has been added on top and the stove jack appeared to be well done as well. I liked the new pole design. Only negative I have so far is weight. All that was included together comes in at 6 lbs. 1 oz. on my scale. Was expecting closer to 5, but I guess the features come at a price. I'm not sure where the creep came from in the new design, but I'll try and split things apart and get individual weights when I get back up. Still need to get a little more sleep before the marathon day I have planned for tomorrow. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas

GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have the 8 man with liner and large titanium stove and I couldn't be any happier.

Congrats on a really good purchase.

I'll try anything, as long as it's legal...and has a hint of fun to it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yes, a Seekoutside 6man is on my list for sure. Gotta get a Backcountry Shelter first.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here's just a couple photos from a quick pitch today. You'll have to forgive the pitch the wind was howling today!

A couple of my "sherpa" carrying the tent
[Linked Image]

With her "assistant":
[Linked Image]

Quick shot of the stove jack, you can also see the venting:
[Linked Image]

Whole thing:
[Linked Image]

Weights:
Pole: 16.07 ounces
Stakes: 10.9
Flysheet: 4 lbs. 5.8 oz.
Total: 6 lbs. and about an ounce.

I'm still aggravated about the weight as I was expecting closer to 5 lbs. Still haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep it or not. I haven't got to play with it in a wind free environment so that will factor in quite a bit. I miss the easy set up of my Sl4, but it always aggravated me that it just wasn't quite tall enough to stand up in. My little girl thought it was awesome and I only got her out with bribery! smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can tell that is indeed a real sherpa. Only real sherpas wear hats made from Siberian monkey skulls!

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Excuse typos sent from IPhone while camping. 1: we are providing 4 durapegs for increased holding power they add 3 ounces 2: Easton nanos not available til Jan and will save 2 more ounces 3: stove jack adds 3.5 ounces 4: storm flap adds weight and is easy to remove, i Prefer it in big snows 5: new pole adds an ounce but is stronger once again good for big snows we can provide lighter options that are pretty strong 6: setup instructions are not updated but it is simPler basically 7 foot 2 inch rope from center should take not much time but need your own roPe which can double as guyout
Thanks kevin

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Biggest problem I've had with set up is 30 mph sustained winds with bigger gusts, and chasing a small child! smile I'm glad to hear that about the set-up, that is what my trials were leading me to, and I was trying to do the old pitch and I suspect that's why my pitch was a little weird both times. I certainly wouldn't want a lighter pole then what I had today, even with a bad pitch withstood some pretty tough winds. The longer I sit on the weight, it's not a big deal. I just don't like suprises! wink

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Here is my 8 man on my first set up the day I got it we were at deer camp. 2 days later we were in 40 MPH winds and tons of rain. Got to love these Michigan seasons.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike- Great looking tent. But, shorts at deer camp??? wink

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by pointer
Mike- Great looking tent. But, shorts at deer camp??? wink

It was 70 degrees that day, and then 2 days later it was 40 with 40 MPH winds and LOTS of rain. Welcome to the first 2 weeks in October every year. I think I need to take up steelhead fishing those 2 weeks from here on out.

Last edited by Mike_Vines; 12/30/11.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fall around here can be like that as well.

FWIW, I mow the lawn in jeans... wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 375sunrise, 338reddog, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 16 invisible), 961 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.