Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That link is dead.
Here's the link for their website.

http://www.tropgun.com/

BUT there's no email contacts shown nor a search engine for their site. Just a phone number. 717-367-5585

If they're any good I want a couple!

EDIT: I sent them a note from a different link there at GI and asked about it with pics! If and when I get something I'll report back.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I tried to call myself, no answer.

I found it on GunsInternational.com
If they are for real, I'll take four!!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you make contact let us know the details please.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got an email back,saying they will contact me on Monday. I got the Link to work,show some good photos....

Come on America,

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks, I'll look again.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Looks interesting. Not as slick as the ones I've seen where it is recessed,
but no doubt tons cheaper and something you could install yourself.

You know, catching the ejected hull bothers me less than getting bit...
My 450-400 with hot loads will draw blood from my right thumb every time unless
I'm really careful to hold it out of the way, in sort of an unatural position.
Come to think of it, so has the 9.3 a couple of times when I was exploring how fast
I could push 286 grain bullets. Would probably help on that too.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Back off the extractor spring some. Or keep a lot of band-aids handy! wink

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Article in Guns & Ammo about the saftey. Boddington tested it out and liked them.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I seem to recall an article, years back, by some gun crank (Sundra maybe?); where he took a No.1 butt stock and put on a No.3 action (perhaps the forearm also, I don't recall). He then removed the saftey button and shortened/reshaped the front portion so as to allow the cartridge to eject from the action completely. Reblued the part and reassembled. Functioned fine and looked factory when done.

Personally, I don't find this replacement that attractive. Twer it me, I'd either reshape the factory unit, or spend the monies to have it recessed.

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
IC B3

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I had a DGR #1, which I do not, it would have some fix for that problem of empty cases hanging up on the safety knob.

It is astounding to me that Ruger's seried ranks of lawyers have let that fix go unfixed for so long. The widow and orphans of some safari sport stomped flat or terminally chewed by a big angry whatever could take them to the cleaners.

But then, I guess, there is that warehouase full of those safeties...

1B

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How difficult is it to install one of these safeties?

"Feel the heart of the hunter. Feel the thrill that will cleanse the soul."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It should be pretty simple if it's a true drop in fit.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm currently having my #1 rebarreled right now and the smith is also recessing my safety. I'll post some pictures when I get it back.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Has any body tried one of these safties yet?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've got 2 coming.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton
I seem to recall an article, years back, by some gun crank (Sundra maybe?); where he took a No.1 butt stock and put on a No.3 action (perhaps the forearm also, I don't recall). He then removed the saftey button and shortened/reshaped the front portion so as to allow the cartridge to eject from the action completely. Reblued the part and reassembled. Functioned fine and looked factory when done.

Personally, I don't find this replacement that attractive. Twer it me, I'd either reshape the factory unit, or spend the monies to have it recessed.

Not to be a naysayer, and I hope their venture is successful, but I too find this not the most elegant solution to the #1 safety problem. It sticks up too high for my taste. I would look for something lower/more streamlined and checkered as a worthy upgrade/replacement. Just my $.02

rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I will have to do something on my .450/400 and on my .303,both have a saftey that is bowed at each end and catchs the rims consantly.My gunsmith has my custom .300HH and can't wait to see what he comes up with.
I have one of these coming as well and we'll see what it will do.

Come on America,

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Anybody put one on yet?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I just had my smith recess my factory safety into the tang. Rifle is currently in the mail so I'll post a picture when it arrives.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (470Evans, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 35, 16 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,957
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.