Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Enlisted into National Guard 1988, Scout Helicopter Repairer
Commissioned as an Army Engineer, 1991.
Progressed through various company level leadership in Bridging and Sapper units through 2001.
1998/1999 company command
Went active duty into AGR program in 2001 as an intelligence officer (S2) for an engineer battalion, and full time OIC.
2003, Intelligence officer (S3)and deputy operations officer (S3A) for an engineer brigade
May 2005, Personnel Officer (S1)for an engineer brigade
October 2005, operations officer for an engineer brigade
October 2006, Operations Officer and full time OIC for engineer battalion.
2007, Executive Officer for engineer battalion
2009, moved to joint forces headquarters as the mobilization officer
2011, Force integration and readiness officer at JFHQ.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
U.S. Army 65-68;aviation, Camp Holloway, RVN 67-68 UH1 mechanic in 545th TD, UH1 crew chief 119th AHC-Gators, blue flight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USN 1987-2007 (retired), Electronics Tech, ESWS, EAWS, and Small Craft pins.

USS Dixon (AS-37) out of San Dog from 88-91.
NCTAMS EASTPAC out of Wahiawa, HI from 92-95.
USS Chosin (CG-65) out of Pearl from 95-98.
SACLANT in Norfolk, VA. 98-2001.
FLECOMPON SIX (VC-6) Norfolk 2001-2004.
Portsmouth Naval, Portsmouth, VA 2005-2007.

Last edited by Mink; 12/31/11.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Nice, not many folks can give this old arty guy size envy grin

USMC field arty controller/surveyor. 1986-1991

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
USMCR Grunt with Bravo 1/23; '75-'81. Didn't do anything exciting except march a lot, and spend nights in the mud, rain, and cold in the winter, Sweat at 29 stumps in the summer. Did make two Nato training ops that were real fun and quite the experience. One on Vieques Island and another in Turkey!

Funny the whole time I was in, never got to ride in a jeep! We still had M151 pups. So I bought the old 1942 Ford GPW when I retired. grin

Bob N.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
USAF 1985-1994
Photo/Target Intel

Zweibrucken AB Germany

Foreign Technology Division
Wright Pat AFB

Electronic Security Command
Kelly AFB

Desert Storm
Incirlik AB Turkey

Reserve time spent at:

Homestead AFB

NSG Homestead (Card Sound)

Key West NAS (Truman Annex)

Opa Locka CGAS

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Neat thread from last year.

I do not know if it counts but

US Army- Signed up for 31 Bravo (Military police) I ship to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri in October 2012. Right now I have five years but there might be more added on in the future.

Last I heard you were deciding between becoming a Marine or becoming a Soldier - glad to see you chose the Army - we always need more good MP's - welcome!

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Odessa

Last I heard you were deciding between becoming a Marine or becoming a Soldier - glad to see you chose the Army - we always need more good MP's - welcome!

It was a hard choice, I wrote out a list of advantages and disadvantages of the two branches. In the end the Army was the better.

If I joined the Marines it would have been a year IF a position in the MP corps was available to go to school. In the Army I ship to Fort Leonard Wood for OUST. 17 weeks for everything then I wait till I get my orders. It will be 2013 when I finish training.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I was at CCS, at Ban Me Thuot East airfield.
I was Mike 58.

Do you remember this kid?

[Linked Image]

He would run up to our plane a lot of the times we landed there (even with the engines running !!), and I would give him something to eat.

He was a cool kid.... I wonder if he's still alive...

Someplace around here I have a picture of the 175's going off along the runway (big smoke-ring out of barrel). MAN those things were LOUD !!

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Civil Engineering started out in the plumbing shop in 74 and retired as zone superintendent in 94 the tag below fills in the rest

Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
O.Okie....not up on my Navy lingo..what's Unrestricted Naval Aviator???....FLEM

Unrestricted = We can fly both fixed wing or rotary wing. Restricted aviators can only fly fixed wing.

In 1959 I went home on Emergency leave from NW "C" School at NAS Norfolk my dad was on his death bed. I caught a military HOP out of NAS Norfolk with an overnight stop over at NAS Memphis to Los Angles and I had the privilege of meeting two of the last U.S. Navy Silver Eagles. One was a 1st Class P.O. and the other was Chief Petty Officer, The Chief was the Pilot of the plane with a LT as the second officer. I was told at the time that the chief was certified to fly anything in the Navy's aircraft inventory both winged and rotary.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Junior1942
Originally Posted by nathanial
You are a [bleep] 1942. The best you can do is a threat of a Demshit Congressman! Grow some balls and tell the twit you loved your grandmother.
I did, you POS. It made zero difference.
Gee...and I was just wondering why I had that dumbschidt Nathaniel on ignore.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drafted into the Army 5/66.
Trained @ Fort Riley, KS.
Mekong Delta 1/67-2/68 w/ 9th Division.
Fire Direction Chief in air-mobile 105 Howitzer battery.
Total time in service 21 months, 13 of it in VN.
Was ecstatic to make it back and get out of the service.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
US Army 68-77
Shape HQ 69-72
Ft Hood 72-74
Germany 74-77

Last edited by pumpgun; 12/31/11.

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
United States Army, 1960-1986, including two tours in RVN.

TT

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
U.S. Army August 1969 to Jan 1997.
Two trips to Vietnam flying helicopters.
Enlisted August 1969 to Sep 1970.
Warrant Sep 1970 to Aug 1981.
Commissioned Sep 1981 to Jan 1997.
1st Cav, 82d Abn, 172 LIB, 101st Abn twice, 2d Inf, 160th SOAR.

Jim
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am truly honored to so many remarkable vets. I, myself didn't serve. I do come from a family with a military background though. I am named after my Great Great Uncle, who fought in the Civil War. He was a member of an infantry unit from Western Pennsylvania and died in the latter stages of the war, supposedly from a long range sniper shot. I am honored to own his personal sidearm, a civilian model 1851 Navy Colt revolver.

My mother was pure German. Her folks immigrated here from Germany, and we have found out she had a distant relative who served with the German Air Force during WWI. He flew with Baron Von Richtofen, was a confirmed ace with 5 kills, and was killed in combat.

My father served under General Patton during WWII. Pretty much wherever Patton went, Dad was there. He was given the choice in 1940 to volunteer for the army, or to get well acquainted with Ohio's penal system for some "minor indiscretions." Dad was no angel as a teen. As an example of the things he managed to do to get him self in trouble, there was a little incident involving some womens' undergarments that were found flying off the front porch of the high school principal's house. He was not allowed to receive his diploma unless he publicly apologized. 'Never got the diploma. Dad was in Europe and Africa for the entire war. He was an infantryman, and was awarded 2 Purple Hearts. He never seemed to lose his ability to get in trouble. We have a whole stack of his V-mail. In one letter, he's private, next he's a corporal, then a sergeant. Next he's back to being a corporal... He had some great stories-like chasing some antelope critters in Africa in a jeep. Rolled the jeep, and him and his buddy ended up having to pay for the jeep. Or fishing some of the best trout streams in France with liberated German grenades. He was wounded the second time I believe in either Paris or Rome during the bloody street fighting. He took a round to the belly. He took the scar from that wound to his grave. I can still remember the indentation on his gut where that round went in.

My wife's family has a long history of military service also. Her dad served stateside during Viet Nam, and spent about 20 years afterwards in the Minnesota Naional Guard.

My wife's uncle was a flight engineer on B-24's in Europe. He is an accomplished artist and archetect, still working today. He did nose art on many Liberators he crewed on, and some of his nose art is actually in the Smithsonian. He's got a wealth of info on the airwar in Europe and his mind is still razor sharp. I can sit and talk to him for hours on end. He missed a mission on one of his birds he was assigned to and the plane went down without a trace. No one saw it go down, and extensive searches never yielded a clew to it's whereabouts. The German and Italian records showed no notes on it, and no one saw it drop from the formation. It's like it just vanished off the face of the earth. A direct flak hit? Who knows?

My humble words pale in the light of your sacrifices, gentlemen, but just the same, I offer each and every one of you my unending thanks. It's a true pleasure to know a little about those who stepped up to the plate so we could be free today.

Thanks again guys. You most certainly deserve it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
US Army, '77-'81, 82nd Airborne, didn't see any overseas service, though we did go to Panama for Jungle Warfare School.

11C-1P Indirect Fire Infantry (81mm mortars)

We retired the Ridgeway Cup, for Division's best mortar platoon, after winning it three years in a row.

Beyond that, nothing special.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
us army, commissioned (ra) in 1970, retired in 1996. i'd do it all over again if i was a young man.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Worst 2 year job I've ever had.

Crap,....!!!! That was the LONGEST job I've ever had !

Nothing but quiet reverence for those who served, and contemplative sorrow for those who never SWORE the oath, and tried to do the best with what was served up on their plate.

I have ZERO, ....ZILCH,....NADA,...to speak about,...I was drafted, and was a Mechanic.

BRRrrrr

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,890 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,907
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.