Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guess I could have put this in the Saltwater section as well because I fish saltwater and freshwater about equal with the same gear. Since I only use Spinning reels for most of my fishing that is what I'm mostly concerned with. But feel free to chime in with any comments on conventional reels too.
When you remove the side cover with the handle, the gears and spindle are visible. At the end of the year or seasonally do you remove the gears degrease them and then reapply lube? Is it enough to just check and then relube?

What lube are you guys using? How much is enough, I would use just enough to coat the teeth. Should I really lube it up and have it packed pretty good? I kinda feel I should strip it out and then degrease the interior before I use new lube. How important is that?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
JJ,
Check out the Allcoast Sportfishing site forum under "tackle"....these guys are the best in the world at reel maintenance and just as the SoCal guys came up with the hotrod car, they have done the same to fishing reels....pay attention to a fellow named Hawk in particular. I send him my expensive salt water reels for hotrodding and maintenance. He is very free with his information. He sent me a jug of CorrosionX which he uses inside and out of his reels.

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ok I signed up, great tip! I'll be sure to folow the service posts there.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.