-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a S2 6x HBR on my .22 and I have no complaints. image is sharp and clear edge to edge and tracking is spot on click for click. I've had this scope now for about 6 yrs.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have a S2 3-9x42 on my TC Omega and really like it. I found the eye relief to be perfect...in fact it is much better than the scope it replaced...a Leupold 2-7x33.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kenjs1
SII were the darling find of scope models here about three years ago inc some part due to their no hassle exchange policy . . .

Originally Posted by ldholton
sightron has a great warranty sent 3 back and they sent new ones to replace them all . all had paralax problems . never will own anouther one (all were sII target models) rather have a "floating" leupold LMAO

Uh, guess their warranty has changed - called about a problem with one today and was told they would repair it or offer a replacement for a difference in price since mine is an older model . . . 2-3yr old SIII that I just mounted for the first time - has parallax/focus/"fogginess" issues. Will not be very happy if I have to pay ANYTHING to have this fixed/replaced.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TXRam
Originally Posted by kenjs1
SII were the darling find of scope models here about three years ago inc some part due to their no hassle exchange policy . . .

Originally Posted by ldholton
sightron has a great warranty sent 3 back and they sent new ones to replace them all . all had paralax problems . never will own anouther one (all were sII target models) rather have a "floating" leupold LMAO

Uh, guess their warranty has changed - called about a problem with one today and was told they would repair it or offer a replacement for a difference in price since mine is an older model . . . 2-3yr old SIII that I just mounted for the first time - has parallax/focus/"fogginess" issues. Will not be very happy if I have to pay ANYTHING to have this fixed/replaced.
ones i were refering to was 2-sII and one strait 36 power all were replaced by the same model

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No offense, argument, etc., intended as I was under the impression that their warranty policy was to replace 'em as well, so we'll see . . . This is a brand new ~$800 scope (SIII 6-24X50), only 2nd trip to the range (first was on a hot day a month or so ago and mirage was bad so I gave it another try today). I have an 8yr old SII 6-24X40 that I took to compare it to today - the SIII cost 2x as much and wasn't 1/2 as clear . . .

If it's not fixed/replaced at no cost to me, I'll be very disappointed! If they take care of it as was my initial understanding of their warranty, I'll be happy! Either way, I'll be sure to report back here on what happens.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
tx ram, what was the nature of the parralax problem?? I have a 6.5-20 that I got from natchez for $300, I can really shoot some tight groups with it at 500 yards. it has a big dent in the objective bell and gets thrown in a range bag and moved from gun to gun. main thing I don't like is the 1/8 moa turrets.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
TXRam, I am very surprised to hear your situation with customer service at Sightron. I've had to send a couple of scopes back to them over the last 8 years, and they replaced them both with no questions asked. I believe this will likely be your experience once the scope is sent in, but you'll have to see.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
tx ram, what was the nature of the parralax problem?? I have a 6.5-20 that I got from natchez for $300, I can really shoot some tight groups with it at 500 yards. it has a big dent in the objective bell and gets thrown in a range bag and moved from gun to gun. main thing I don't like is the 1/8 moa turrets.

When I get it focused, it still has parallax. If I adjust out the parallax, it's not focused. Even when focused, it's not near as clear as my SII 6-24X42.

Originally Posted by Jason280
TXRam, I am very surprised to hear your situation with customer service at Sightron. I've had to send a couple of scopes back to them over the last 8 years, and they replaced them both with no questions asked. I believe this will likely be your experience once the scope is sent in, but you'll have to see.

Maybe I misunderstood, not sure. I'm gonna send it in, and we'll see what happens. I'll report back either way - hopefully praising their customer service.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had the 2.5X-10X32 SII. It was clear and reasonably bright for a 32mm. Eye relief was shallow. In the beginning of the company it seemed you were getting more for your money. I bought one because of that. Now the prices have crept up to the level of the other scopes.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I've had very good luck with this company's products. Good glass with excellent adjustment repeatability.

Si vis pacem para bellum
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sightron's tecs are SH%$^%$$#!!! I have 3, 2 8x32s and a 10x50..
Well one of the 8x32s was new in the box, pulled it out and mounted it to my .260! Leupold 20MOA base and mark4 rings. bore sighted it and started shooting for the bull.. 3MOA high and 5 right. put in the ajustment, and it went 6" low and 9" left! tried everything.. Ammo, everything was tight.. diff loads.. factry loads.. I even put it on Two diff guns! Called, talked to some guy named Alan Orr. What a jack off!!! Asked me if I took the scope off and put it back on! Said he don't know why but sometimes it adjusts itself.. I said really.. Your going to tell me some BS like that? anyway he said send it in, so i did. month later I got it back with a letter saying we found nothing wrong with it, in our indoor and outdoor range.. and sent a pic of a target that they said they shot with it, 5 shot group about .6! and had a note with time date temp wind cal. shot with! Tested it the 14th and shipped it back the 23rd! lazy asses!! Well it's doing the same thing it did before i shipped it..UGH!! called had it out with the Allan guy, Asking me what kind of gun and what kind of shot I am what was i shooting off what kind of bench just all kinds of BS, after telling him I'm Highmaster FTR and F-open. he said what do you want me to do... I said stick behind your waranty "lifetime" and fix it! he said we found nothing wrong with it.. I replied, send me a new scope, and you keep this one if their isnt anything wrong with it.. anywho! It's in the F-ing Mail AGAIN! If that SOB don't send me a new scope, I'll be in NC next week!! Oh and get this, dude said he test 15-40 scopes a day for problems, and mine was fine. I said I'f you have that many scopes coming back, that you test 15-40 a day theres some bad wrong going on!! sorry guys had to vent, that [bleep] pissed me off.. will let you know what comes of this.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Where did you purchase these 8X32 and 10X50's scopes?

Mounting Bino,s to a gun will usually cause problems as there elevation and horizontal adjustments are pretty limited!!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by LIV2HUNT
Where did you purchase these 8X32 and 10X50's scopes?

Mounting Bino,s to a gun will usually cause problems as there elevation and horizontal adjustments are pretty limited!!!!

And the straps get in the way. wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I bought the scpoes from AmmoZone..
8x23x56mm and the 10x50x60mm.. does that help?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

302 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 264mag, 17CalFan, 29 invisible), 1,343 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.