Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
did you order any brass and bullets to go with it?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

To go WHERE?

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
300MAG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
South Dakota to me in Pennsylvania

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 300MAG
My new custom rifle with a value of about $4800 is missing in the vortex of the USPS!!

Was to be delivered Priority on Dec. 30th but still has not been delivered. Has confirmation number on it, but this just shows that it left the sort facility near my gunsmith.

Called & of course the USPS cannot do anything yet & has no idea where the hell its at!! Also called gunsmith & he is trying to come up with something...............man this sucks!!

Why the USPS has a tracking system is beyond me!!!

[bleep]!!!!!!!!!!!!
That stinks. Sorry to hear that. Hope it shows up. I hate trusting expensive rifles to who knows who. I took my Dakota 76 elk hunting in the fall, and hated handing it over to the baggage handlers, even though it was in a locked up, high quality, case.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I would never ship or have shipped through USPS anything that has any value.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by RufusG
Of course it wasn't $4800 worth of Brownies, but I was still pissed.

Would those be special brownies, as in Cheech & Chong brownies?

I hope my Mom didn't read that! I think it was actually probably nutroll, since it was the holidays. I do distinctly remember eating the contents of the package, and deciding the wait was worth it.

S
S
The simple reality is that the USPS gets over run with packages this time of year. I mean literally over run. The reason there isn't an update to your tracking is that the packages aren't being scanned now. Scanning is suspended at the centers to speed up the flow of packages.

I wouldn't worry yet, I'm sure it will get there. There's still a heavy volume of packages from folks that waited until the last minute to send their Christmas packages.

Bad time of year to be sending a custom rifle.

Mistakes do happen. Packages do get misrouted. It happens sometimes. It doesn't mean anything sinister has happened though.

Try to be patient.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nutroll? I'm not even going to ask.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The local FedEx and UPS outlets refuse to ship firearms for private individuals, leaving me no choice but to use the USPS. I guess I'm fortunate in that the USPS has never lost anything for me.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm still waiting on a package mailed to me 12-15-11.USPS has really taken a sharp turn for the worse in the last few months.We've recently had several items mailed to us by family and friends that was never received.I think we average much less mail than we used to.I think they must have a lot of part time help.We used to get our mail around 11:00am,now several days of each week it comes after 6:00pm.Looks like our USPS is going to be a thing of the past before we know it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I had the same thing happen to me.My rifle was mailed on the 16th with a delivery confirmation # and was to be delivered on the 19th.It finally showed up on the 24th.I checked for several days and it showed to be picked up,5 days later it showed to be in Oklahoma City hub,that's all they had on it until it showed up.I called them several times on hold for an hour at least each time before I was able to speak with some one.It was very frustrating to say the least.I WISH YOU THE BEST ON DELIVERY.Skeeter

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I love USPS for long guns. On 19 Dec I shipped a Marlin from IA to OR for reboring. I had it back in my hands on the morning of 29 Dec. Priority mail. The tracking info may not be ideal but the service is otherwise the best and easiest to work with. UPS is the most difficult by far. USPS is cheaper too.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a gun shipped to me in early December, took 6 business days to reach my house. Sent it back and the trip only took 3 days.

Consistent is not the word for USPS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe this explains some part of why the Post Office can't make a profit. Sack the whole mess a turn it private.

NRA Lifetime Member
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
300MAG Give em time.. Be patient

I only ever had one lost usps package with priority mail that was never found. But on the bright side ,I had them once lose a rifle for about 5 weeks that was sent priority

mail from state college to uniontown about 120 miles. somehow it got to harrisburg and went to philly then back to harrisburg daily. it would show up on their tracking

system but they could never find it at their facility,probably some dumbass that didn't now how to sort zip codes.

They'll eventually get it to you. good luck

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hang in there man! It'll show! smile

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It will show up in a day or two. I have had the same sort of thing happen and always had a happy ending. Ken

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My firearm was to be delivered on the 30th as well. Checked again today and it now says that it will be delivered tomorrow. Be patient. It will get there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Registered Mail is the ONLY way to ship expensive stuff, IMO. Not Priority, or Express, or Certified. REGISTERED MAIL.

It's expensive, and it's a pain to package according to Reg Mail guidelines (brown moist-to-stick wrapping tape over all edges, which are then stamped to prevent unauthorized opening), but it is routed separately from other mail, kept in locked storage when not in transit, and each carrier must sign off for receipt and transfer, which means there is a chain of custody. And, the tracking is better.

So, if a package goes missing, the last guy to sign for it is on the hook. There is no "lost in USPS-land." It's "What happened to the package you signed for this morning, JimBob?"

I would ship $4800 worth of "special" brownies no other way. whistle grin

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, almost forgot, good luck with the package! Hopefully it's just a holiday delay, and you'll get your new rifle here shortly.

Fingers crossed for you!.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

683 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 71 invisible), 3,318 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,435
Posts18,528,611
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.