Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
I am thinking of buying a new Cannon gun safe, any of you had any bad experiences with the electronic locks? Any info appreciated.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My "Buddy" bought a high quality gun-safe with the electronic lock. He then found a great safe at a low price and "steered" me to it. It has the "mechanical combination". We each bought one of them. "He" (having "both"types) says there is just no comparison- The "electronic lock" being so "far more" convenient. And just as secure, and trouble free- and I completely agree with him. If you like to acsess your safe frequently- the extra price of the electronic lock is worth it- and you will never regret buying it.

I saw a very long "post" on "electronic vs. Manual" somewhere else a year or more ago- and it seemed like the "dreamers" liked the "electronic" while the "realists" liked the "manual". In that "post" the electronic locks got "thrashed"- and I was then convinced- but am now of another opinion. Also there is no shortage of "horror stories" regarding "any" type of "safe".

But as opposed to not having any safe- either type is still "great".

Weed

P S: It sounds like "Brownings" may be about "the best"
----- But "Cannon's" also carry a very strong reputation.

P
Pat Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I like my dial combo. I figure it might just take an extra few minutes for someone to crack it. If they dont just blow it up to start with.........
Get the biggest, baddest, heaviest you can afford & bolt it to the floor. Enjoy the peice of mind!

Pat

Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey Kenster -
I have 1 Remington with a dial lock and 2 Cannon's with the electronic locks. I like 'em all. If you get into the safe alot, the electronics are more convenient, or if you end up with more than one safe, the electronic locks can be programmed with the same combination (I programmed my electronics with the same combo as my dial lock safe, so I don't get confused!). I really like the Cannon safes - I shopped around quite a bit and they were the best deal. I have the American Eagle model that is 36" wide, 60" tall, and either 24" or 30" deep (can't remember). They are fire rated @ 1200 for 30 minutes, I think. Buying 2 of them, I paid $750 apiece.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I got a Liberty myself. But while making the decision, I was told that the dial combination locks had approximately a 1% failure rate over their life time, while the electronic locks had about a 3% failure rate. That being said I still went ahead and had them install their best electronic lock.

Phil

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have a Liberty and a Cannon. Both have manual type locks. It takes less than 30 seconds for me to acess either one. No inconvience what so ever. billt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.