Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
an interview with Gingrich about Romney pointed out that he passed a law that firearm owners have to pay a tax of $100 a year for each firearm owned?????

any Mass forum members, is this true?

I know a lot of people elsewhere would be screwed if laws like that were passed where they live...

if Romney is put in the White House, I could see him trying to make that a federal law... mad

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He raised the gun permit fee from $25.00 to $100.00.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Expound on that a little more. What's the fee for?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No fee on purchases in MA. The big suck of it all is that for anyone to carry a handgun into MA, they need a MA permit, except to go to shooting event or to hunt. A non resident license is $100 and must be renewed every year. MA doesn't want you to bring a handgun into their State! Non residents can't buy ammo there either, or reloading components, or firearms... You can't buy certain guns there, like new Glocks... I hate MA for their stupid gun laws.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So what is the fee for the free speech permit?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gun permit fee?
WTF
Is this America?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You need a MA FID card and there's a fee. For residents it's like every 5 yrs. For non residents, you need the concealed carry and it's $100 a year. Stupid. I think we can thank Teddy Kennedy for much of it. The one good thing for them is they can buy at gun shows. You can do an instant background check and walk home with a gun. In R.I., you have the 7 day waiting period we kept from the Brady Law. That plus you can't get a carry permit here unless you know someone in the AG's office.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fish head

F.I.D. card Firearms Identification Card needed to own & carry rifles, shotguns and ammo.

Now in all fairness to romney he didn't just go after the gun owners. The azzwhole raised every FEE in the state at the time and the F.I.D. fee was just one of many that he screwed us by raising. Then the smarmey azzwhole went around bragging how he balanced the budget with out raising TAXES!

almost forgot, there is no tax on firearms in Mass other than the general sales tax when you purchase a firearm. There is no tax for owning a gun that you pay annually.

Last edited by Paul_M; 01/10/12. Reason: added info

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Paul_M

F.I.D. card Firearms Identification Card needed to own & carry rifles, shotguns and ammo.

Now in all fairness to romney he didn't just go after the gun owners. The azzwhole raised every FEE in the state at the time and the F.I.D. fee was just one of many that he screwed us by raising. Then the smarmey azzwhole went around bragging how he balanced the budget with out raising TAXES!

almost forgot, there is no tax on firearms in Mass other than the general sales tax when you purchase a firearm. There is no tax for owning a gun that you pay annually.
Our previous Governor Doyle basically did the same thing.. Promised NOT to raise taxes - but FEES were another matter..

All of 'em went up - some by a lot.. We now have (from what I could research) the HIGHEST fee in the nation simply to obtain that little piece of paper called a 'vehicle title'; for which the princely sum of $69.50 must be paid... mad

I believe it's still $5.00 in SD...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Guns??
What guns?? confused

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

WOW. I had no clue that type of thing existed in the US. I guess I've been living under a rock. I've never lived anywhere that required a Firearms Identification Card ... and that includes California.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Welcome to the Northern States of the Democrat Party

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
Gun permit fee?
WTF
Is this America?

Not if these liberals get in.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck

Our previous Governor Doyle basically did the same thing.. Promised NOT to raise taxes - but FEES were another matter..

All of 'em went up - some by a lot.. We now have (from what I could research) the HIGHEST fee in the nation simply to obtain that little piece of paper called a 'vehicle title'; for which the princely sum of $69.50 must be paid... mad

I believe it's still $5.00 in SD...

Sorry cry Mass is $75.00 for a vehicle title
http://www.mass.gov/rmv/fees/index.htm

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
This is the fellow many here support. It is sad to see so many so willing to swallow the MSM spoonfed notion that he is "Electable", right up until the moment he is nominated. When hindsight is 20-400, it's time for some new glasses.

A guy like Newt, even Perry, with all of their flaws, & there are plenty of them, are much less suck than this absurd excuse for a conservative.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Romney is a progressive. He creates progressive policies, endorses progressive policies, and compromises with the Democrats and their progressive policies.

Romney is no different than any other elite liberal global Democrat. Liberal Republicans like Romney are SCUM !!!

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
By golly, you're right.. smile They must have raised it since I last checked.. At the time (about 4 years ago) we had the highest..

Well then, I'm SURE we won't let being #2 stand in our way.. You can bet they'll figure out a way to bump that to a hunsky any time now..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Holy crap!! I can see the tax bean counters drooling state by state....

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Titling fee in Maryland is $100 + 6% of the purchase price of the vehicle. If that weren't bad enough, the 6% is assessed on the price of the vehicle before any manufacturer rebates are applied.

Bottom line is that titling a new truck will cost you upwards of two grand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (16penny, 204guy, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,017
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.