-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Great news! "Global warming" may save civilization!

Ice ages come in cycles, presently we're in the warm part of the cycle. Now there's a study that the increased CO2 levels may at least push back the next icy part of the cycle. I'd call that a win though I think they are ALL pretty much guessing. Would be amusing if the people making public policy didn't glom on to the matter for their own purposes.

Carbon emissions 'will defer Ice Age'

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What emitted the carbon in earlier cycles?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
dinosaurs?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not us, that's why it got cold again. The last ice age drove a glacier down here that made some really nice lakes for me to fish in though.

I gather from the article that a long term variation in the Earth's orbit causes slight cooling/warming that causes less/more CO2 in the atmosphere, which amplifies the cooling/warming. So keeping the CO2 level artificially high stops the cooling when less sunlight is being absorbed. Something like that.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we're losing our azz up here, I'm about sick to death of this cold snap, it's had some legs

sposed to be warm tomorrow, I gotta work

pard called that has a winter moose tag and wanted to know if i was in.

dayum I hated saying no

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk

Ice ages come in cycles, presently we're in the warm part of the cycle. Now there's a study that the increased CO2 levels may at least push back the next icy part of the cycle. I'd call that a win though I think they are ALL pretty much guessing. Would be amusing if the people making public policy didn't glom on to the matter for their own purposes.

Carbon emissions 'will defer Ice Age'

Are we winning the climate change war?

I do not know, but this article suggests the contrary because its theme is that human caused CO2 emissions are significant enough to delay the next ice age.

It is pure scientific garbage of course, but it does not go our way.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Mako25
What emitted the carbon in earlier cycles?
I think volcanos emit the most. We need some regulation on them there puppies....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
WHAT?? You WANT an ice age? Planning on wooly mammoth tags I guess. grin

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
WHAT?? You WANT an ice age? Planning on wooly mammoth tags I guess. grin

[bleep] that, i wanna grow palm trees.......im burning more tires....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The "expert" predicted that the next ice age will be delayed 1500 years because of us - and he's betting his reputation that he's right. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, huh?

Of course, if we aren't causing warming, it'll only be another thousand years before it starts cooling again. So we won't have to wait quite as long to see if Mr Brain is right.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I wish we were winning the climate change war but I'm not too sure we are. If you want to have some cheap fun and see what the warmists are up to go to the Huffingtonpost (extremely liberal) website and see what they are saying about climate change. The only reason I looked at the website is because a liberal I know made a wacky statement about something and I asked her where she got her information. She said from the Huffingtonpost. They are rabid believers in anything Al Gore says. There was recently an artilcle about global warming so I posted a few comments disagreeing with some of the things in the article. I got about 40 or so nasty replies that basically said I was extremely stupid for disagreeing with the writer. They believe that all the polar ice is melting and the polar bears have no where to live. When I asked why the sea levels weren't rising if all the ice is melting and thay said I was talking apples and oranges. When I said that we've had hotter periods in the past when there was no industrial polution their answer was to post dozens of government funded studies for me to read (I didn't read them). It's all a liberal scam so they can sell carbon credits on the stock market. Almost everybody on the Huffingtonpost website love's Obama and everything he's done so far. The only problem they have with him is he's not liberal enough. I like to mess with them.

Last edited by victoro; 01/10/12.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Messing with libtards on the Huffpo is a hobby of mine. I say I am a proud and conservative American Indian (Chippewa) lesbian. I do have some Chippewa blood but am not a Lesbian.

When they disagree with me I say they are racists, homophobes and hate mongers. I remind that the DEM Party is the party of the KKK and that they ( blacks and whites) stole my land and killed my Grandparents yada yada... SOme cannot deal with this and and ask me for foregiveness in pm's. Messed-up white libtards are sometimes too easy to mess with.

Originally Posted by victoro
I wish we were winning the climate change war but I'm not too sure we are. If you want to have some cheap fun and see what the warmists are up to go to the Huffingtonpost (extremely liberal) website and see what they are saying about climate change. The only reason I looked at the website is because a liberal I know made a wacky statement about something and I asked her where she got her information. She said from the Huffingtonpost. They are rabid believers in anything Al Gore says. There was recently an artilcle about global warming so I posted a few comments disagreeing with some of the things in the article. I got about 40 or so nasty replies that basically said I was extremely stupid for disagreeing with the writer. They believe that all the polar ice is melting and the polar bears have no where to live. When I asked why the sea levels weren't rising if all the ice is melting and thay said I was talking apples and oranges. When I said that we've had hotter periods in the past when there was no industrial polution their answer was to post dozens of government funded studies for me to read (I didn't read them). It's all a liberal scam so they can sell carbon credits on the stock market. Almost everybody on the Huffingtonpost website website love's Obama and everything he's done so far. The only problem they have with him is he's not liberal enough. I like to mess with them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Messing with libtards on the Huffpo is a hobby of mine. I say I am a proud and conservative American Indian (Chippewa) lesbian. I do have some Chippewa blood but am not a Lesbian.

When they disagree with me I say they are racists, homophobes and hate mongers. I remind that the DEM Party is the party of the KKK and that they ( blacks and whites) stole my land and killed my Grandparents yada yada... SOme cannot deal with this and and ask me for foregiveness in pm's. Messed-up white libtards are sometimes too easy to mess with.

That's funny. Be sure to inform them that hunting and trapping is the way of your people and that you'll need wolf skins to protect your family in the next mini-ice age. I always liked that one.

Steve

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I guess Cordova Alaska can't wait!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The speed that civilization is being destroyed by liberals (and the frikkin rinos aren't much better) is such that civilization will be gone long before there will be any noticeable climate change.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,601
Posts18,473,568
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.