Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mike762
Mickey,
I have one on an AR. I like it. It has a circle dot reticle, with a 1 MOA dot and a 65 MOA ring around it. You can get a magnifier for it too, if you need more than 1x. I like the 65 MOA circle because it may be used as a quick rangefinder. Average man is 5'8". 65 MOA is 5'5", give or take. Target fills the reticle, it's at 100 yards. Fills half, it's at 200. Quick and dirty, but it works, at least at 1x.

Mike I had that one and one with just a 1 minute dot. The A65 reticle was a bit too busy for me. I kept the 1 minute dot.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have the 512 on a M4 of mine, makes a fun little coyote package. I really like how easy it is to use both eyes when shooting. If there were a feature I wish it had, it would be auto brightness. It really is handy for fast acquisition of a target.

Glockin' Bob
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." -- Thomas Jefferson
"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I really like the ability to center a target in the circle and press when the need arises. That and the rough "range finder" capability are two positives for the circle dot, at least for me. Then again, I think my Burris XT 1.5-6x is the cat's a$$. Others think differently I'm sure.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike I tried it thinking the same thing...just too busy and the one minute dot works as well for me. Difference in focus is all. Got a Leup 1-5 on another that works as well.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an 557 w/AR223 reticle with a 4X multiplier on my Bushmaster Predator. I like using it.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought an Eotech and an Aimpoint which are the two big names in red dot type sights. Used them both on my AR. Settled for the Aimpoint but would be happy with either one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have both eotechs and aimpoints and both allow hits to 300yds from my m4's. For ease of use and battery life I prefer the aimpoints as they are one dial (rheostat) to vary brightness and off/on. That said I have an M4 with an eotech and use one on my Benelli Super Black Eagle for turkeys. If 3.5" 2 1/2 oz loads and #5's don't phase it ( it's going on its 6th years and probably 200 rds) then a .223 will never phase it.

You will like it mickey just make sure it uses at least AA's and preferably 123 lithium batteries. The N cell ones are compact but the batteries are expensive and don't last as long as the others

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
i have one on a bushmaster and love it. i have used for hogs out to about 110yds. off the bench i can manage 4" groups with a 16" barrel which isn't great but i can't tell you if its the sight, the barrel or me to be honest. Mine is the older style that took type "N" batteries-avoid these. the batteries are hard to find. Also try to get the model with the buttons on the side. the buttons mounted at the rear of the site can be difficult to use.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Out to about 200 or so Yards the EO Tech is great on an AR.

After that I start wanting some magnification. They do make a flip up magnifier that works in conjunction with the EO Tech. The pros of the EO Tech, and any red dot I'm aware of, is fast sight acquisition.

Biker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've had the opportunity to play with quite a few of em'.

I am GOING to own one,...... ASAP, in fact.

I think you are going to be AMAZED at how well they (EOTech) perform.

It'll go on my M1A Scout, and the Burris "Scout" scope from it onto my '03 Bolt gun.

If I were to sum up the EOTech system in one word it would be FAST, Mickey.

Greg

I have the EOTech on my SOCOM 16. This rifle is for power up front, not long range precision.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the reason you couldn't focus it, is on the ones i have had, there's no focus, and you have an astigmatism,(sp?) like me.
when i look thru mine, the circle is fuzzy and i see multiple dots. i see multiple dots in just plain red dots as well.
since it's not precision, i put the dots where i want em and fire. works just fine.

i had a brain storm, and put mine on my 870 for ducks and geese.
it worked great, except with a leupold mount, it was sitting up too high for a proper cheek weld.
got a few birds, just throw it up, keep both eyes open, put the cirlce and dot where you thought the lead should be, and follow thru.

just couldn't get used to the jaw bone weld. so back to hi viz sights.

had to check the brightness alot tho. at pre dawn, it was turned down low, then as the sun comes up, i had to keep looking thru it, at the sky, and adjusting the brightness.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Go look through one before you buy. Some people are unable to see the sight as it should be. I have seen numerous people that just see a sun burst of red.

-Piss into the wind.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have a eotech with the circle reticule and three dots in side the circle, suppose to be for 100, 200, 300 yards. Of course it is not magnified. If i was to be shooting close, i kind of like them. I have a aimpoint one red dot, it isn't as busy, on a contender and also forward mounted on a marlin guide gun. They are real quick. I took the eotech off the ar, and put a scope on it for the conditions i wanted, which was distance, it has quick detach rings so i can use the irons at closer ranges.
On the marlin particularly it is real quick to get on target, put i can't zone in for real tight groups as the dot obscures the little bitty groups i try to shoot.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by MColeman
on one of their rifles? Since I am 'blessed' with macular degeneration the vertical wire in a scope is distorted severely affecting my ability to shoot a rifle accurately.

Mickey, I think the EOTech might be just right for you, but if I was you I'd send a pm to eyeball and get his advice. He's a genuine eye doc, and can advise you better'n me.

I've used Aimpoints, EOTechs, and a few others like Holosite, etc. EOTech is probably a good choice for you because the sight array/circle doesn't show up centrally on your retina, so unlike crosshairs it won't "go away" when you try to focus on it. I'm guessing it will work really well for you.

I prefer Aimpoint over EOTech for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that EOTechs have a reputation for being an absolute B!TCH to get sighted in. Once they're on POA/POI, they stay there, but adjustments are difficult. Some folks have told me EOTech has fixed that problem with their newer models. I dunno, I had enough problems with my old ones I'll stick with Aimpoint.

Aimpoint sights will NOT be good for you, as they use a red dot that will go wobbly or just disappear in your central retina.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
EOTechs have a reputation for being an absolute B!TCH to get sighted in. Once they're on POA/POI, they stay there, but adjustments are difficult

No chit! It took me 3 trips to the range to get it right.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
A low powered variable 1-4 Trijicon Accupoint with the tritium diamond shaped reticle may be another one to consider. The tip top of the diamond is nice for fairly precise aiming & close up paste the whole thing center and let 'er rip.

I have a 3-9, but the lower powered model may just be good for your use. In daylight you can either use the fiberoptic colored, or close it off to make it black, so they are pretty versatile. They only glow tritium in the dark, no batteries required.
http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TR24
[Linked Image]

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
EOTechs have a reputation for being an absolute B!TCH to get sighted in. Once they're on POA/POI, they stay there, but adjustments are difficult. Some folks have told me EOTech has fixed that problem with their newer models.

You are correct about the older units but the new ones are as easy as any good scope.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have one on my AR,and love it!!!
Be sure th get the one that runs on AA,or AAA.
Can't remember the model # right offhand.
It looks cool too,on the side it says "for law enforcement,and military use only".
Mike

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RickyD
EOTechs have a reputation for being an absolute B!TCH to get sighted in. Once they're on POA/POI, they stay there, but adjustments are difficult. Some folks have told me EOTech has fixed that problem with their newer models.

You are correct about the older units but the new ones are as easy as any good scope.

Good to hear.

The last EOTech I had ended up getting pitched at the 25-yard target stands. Fortunately my throwing arm is lousy and the EOTech was robust, so aside from some grass stains the resale value wasn't too badly damaged.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've ordered an EOTech. I'll give it a try to see if it works. I can then tell if I need one with other features/options. Thanks for all your input and kind offers. You guys are great!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 264mag, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,921
Posts18,498,465
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.