Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm counting on you on the EC breakdown Bob

this is for far higher stakes than BTP!

and I pray you're correct sir.

I've got kids and a grand daughter yaknow.

I'm just surmising how the Obamaites will play this one, and I don't believe it's gonna be a walk in the park when the nut cutting comes.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It won't be a walk in the park but way too many here seem to have short memeories as to what Obama has done to this country.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by isaac
It won't be a walk in the park but way too many here seem to have short memeories as to what Obama has done to this country.

"Here", ain't the problem, pard.

The 15-20% "undecideds" that will determine the (s)election are the problem.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

..and that 20% don't apply to the places where lots of us live, hence our frustration.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Who's worried about the "undecideds", at least they are thinking. It's the idiots who elected Obama that I'm worried about.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They ARE the ones who elected him. (and Welcome!)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by RON45
Who's worried about the "undecideds", at least they are thinking. It's the idiots who elected Obama that I'm worried about.

Thank you for proving my point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
the best friend the Democrats have ever had has been the GOP of late

i'm in the ABO camp, but it seems to me we're playing right into their hands to give him 4 more years.

Almost as if by design, right?

I still can't believe more people didn't see it coming.
My effin cat saw it long ago...

One thing I did enjoy about Palin's interview yesterday with Hannity was her reaction to the delightful Mrs dingleBarry's comments. When the camera cut from the lovely First Lady's idiotic rant Palin had her head in hand then she looked up and said "Oh, Lord".
I busted up laughing!
Absolute classic!
Maybe someone can get a link on here for others to see it. Hannity was even laughing.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
but I'm willing to bet a small wager that the re-elect Obama campaign and the MSM paint him as such when the rubber meets the road

Dat's a sucka bet! IOW, that's EXACTLY what they will do.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are BIG problems with Mitt (and Newt, and everyone else running). The subject matter of this particular thread sure isn't one of them.
Unless of course the tangent regarding "eating their own" is really the subject matter then yes, THAT is actually a problem.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell

..and that 20% don't apply to the places where lots of us live, hence our frustration.

===============

The Independents,by all accounts and polling,have been strongly leaning GOP.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell

===============

The Independents,by all accounts and polling,have been strongly leaning GOP.

Too early to call it a lock?

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

my guess is from middle class on down they won't forget the ass rapin Wall St. performed on the US taxpayer

Performed? It's an ongoing event.

MF Global was a watershed. The bankruptcy trustee-Louis Freeh-gee, where have I heard that name before-has allowed the bankruptcy to be filed as a straight Chapter 7 securities firm liquidation, as opposed to the Chapter 7 Sub IV commodities broker liquidation.

The difference? In the former, the banks are first in line to be made whole. In the latter, the customers such as the farmers, airlines, etc who had $1.2 Billion stolen from them by Jon Corzine are first to be paid.

What does that mean? It means that any money, held in any account-savings, checking, brokerage, mutual fund etc., is the bank's money first, and your money last. If the clearing firm that your broker deals with goes t!ts up, the banks will get first cut at the proceeds, and you will get the leftovers. If the bank where you have your money goes under, FDIC/SIPC "protected" or not, the bankers who have interests in that firm will be made whole first. After the GM and Chrysler bond holder's got there "a$$ rapin'", and the MF'in Global customer's got theirs, the precedents have been set.

Capitalism? My a$$. It's called good old fashioned fascism, and crony capitalism, and both Obama and Romney are its facilitators.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's not too early to call it a lock Paul won't be the nominee.

I'll take your money on that,if you like.

Last edited by isaac; 01/12/12.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
Rereading the quotes above I see that Palin's attack on Romney's connection to Bain is more nuanced. She's not calling him a vulture capitalist just questioning how many jobs he's created. So, give her a pass. Still, she went and endorsed Newt an the exact time he was launching the attacks which is going to create a connection in a few minds.

Ain't trying to start something nor am I a Romney fan but wasn't it Sarah's husband that endorsed Romney?

Romney liking the fact that he likes the option of being able to fire people certainly is a plus. Nothing more frustrating when in operating your own business is not being able to get rid of somebody when they need to go. Even here in Montana, we are supposed to have that legal right but it sure isn't that simple. The feds need to stay in DC and let us alone.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Ain't trying to start something nor am I a Romney fan but wasn't it Sarah's husband that endorsed Romney?

No,...

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Any attack against Romney is good. True, not true, fair, not fair it doesn't matter. Just as his attack pac and his RINO supporters do. Just as the entire bunch of RINO elites do. Just as the MSM does. [bleep] 'em. smile It is the result that counts. The more bloody, battered and humbled Romney is, and the more folks that believe him to be bad for whatever reason, the better.

Even the slightest chance that he is not installed as the GOP nominee is progress & is worth using his own tactics against him. The wailing and howling about Romney being treated as Romney and his supporters treats others is sort of painful to watch, yet kind of fulfilling, too. He hasn't won yet. Make themm play to the bloody end.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike
It's called good old fashioned fascism, and crony capitalism, and both Obama and Romney are its facilitators.

I don't think Cain would have been much better, either.

Check out what this one has to say about it all. I think she's spot on, all the way down the line.
(you can skip some daily entries where she talks about religion, but they're actually pretty good reading too)

This is the broad that bookmarked the koran with slabs of bacon then burnt it and posted on youtube. gotta like that smile She's got quite a few good rants on youtube. Funny stuff!

http://barnhardt.biz/

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by mike762

my guess is from middle class on down they won't forget the ass rapin Wall St. performed on the US taxpayer

Performed? It's an ongoing event.

MF Global was a watershed. The bankruptcy trustee-Louis Freeh-gee, where have I heard that name before-has allowed the bankruptcy to be filed as a straight Chapter 7 securities firm liquidation, as opposed to the Chapter 7 Sub IV commodities broker liquidation.

The difference? In the former, the banks are first in line to be made whole. In the latter, the customers such as the farmers, airlines, etc who had $1.2 Billion stolen from them by Jon Corzine are first to be paid.

What does that mean? It means that any money, held in any account-savings, checking, brokerage, mutual fund etc., is the bank's money first, and your money last. If the clearing firm that your broker deals with goes t!ts up, the banks will get first cut at the proceeds, and you will get the leftovers. If the bank where you have your money goes under, FDIC/SIPC "protected" or not, the bankers who have interests in that firm will be made whole first. After the GM and Chrysler bond holder's got there "a$$ rapin'", and the MF'in Global customer's got theirs, the precedents have been set.

Capitalism? My a$$. It's called good old fashioned fascism, and crony capitalism, and both Obama and Romney are its facilitators.

Louis Freeh, huh? Hmmm...

And, yes, the straight Chapter 7 makes a HUGE amount of difference to all the people who got rich off this, and an even larger difference to those that SHOULD have been protected.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's not too early to call it a lock Paul won't be the nominee.

I'll take your money on that,if you like.

I have enough faith in the stupidity of the average American to know that they like the path we are on.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (257_X_50, 35, afisher, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 831 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.