Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Im getting a fox pro firestorm. I was wondering what some of you guys had for sounds on it and what would be some good ones to put on mine? I had a johnny stewart so this is all new to me.
Thanks Guys!

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have had one for two years-good caller. I believe it has 50 sounds and I have used "lightning jack" 90% or more of the time. Can't remember what other calls I used. I call coyotes only.
Only thing I don't like is that the remote is hard to read.
Mine will be in use in Ks in 10 days.

NRA Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Three most effective calls on my FoxPro is the Woodpecker in Distress , Jack Rabbit in Distress, and Coyote Pup in Distress.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Somewhere either on their web site or in the FoxPro forum (which is on their web site) is a listing of their most popular sounds. That probably is a really good template, just start from the top of the list and skip the sounds as you go down that are for attracting animules you don't hunt.

You didn't mention what you're hunting. If it's coyotes, I'd also recommend you E-mail FoxPro customer support and ask for a copy of Bill Austin's female coyote invitation. They used to include it in their regular sound catalog but for some reason withdrew it when Mr. Austin died. However, they'll still give it to you free if you ask for it. It's not not any sort of a mating call so it's not seasonal, it's just a female looking for companions. It's one of my more productive calls, frequently works when nothing else gets 'em stirred up, so it's odd it's available free (but only if you know the secret handshake).

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Thanks guys. Ill have to get ahold of them and see if i can get it. I need all the help i can get!!!! Part of being a newbie i guess.... have to start somewhere and get my stripes.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by XL5
Somewhere either on their web site or in the FoxPro forum (which is on their web site) is a listing of their most popular sounds. That probably is a really good template, just start from the top of the list and skip the sounds as you go down that are for attracting animules you don't hunt.

You didn't mention what you're hunting. If it's coyotes, I'd also recommend you E-mail FoxPro customer support and ask for a copy of Bill Austin's female coyote invitation. They used to include it in their regular sound catalog but for some reason withdrew it when Mr. Austin died. However, they'll still give it to you free if you ask for it. It's not not any sort of a mating call so it's not seasonal, it's just a female looking for companions. It's one of my more productive calls, frequently works when nothing else gets 'em stirred up, so it's odd it's available free (but only if you know the secret handshake).

Foxpro most popular poll

FWIW - I don't know where you are hunting, but here in the east where we seem to have a lot of pressure, I tend to shy away from the more popular sounds as the season goes on. Most fur here has heard DSG cottontail and gray fox distress many times by this time of year, but they may not have heard kitten crys and prairie dog distress yet. YMMV.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
S
S
+1

Every swingin' Joe with a player is using a rabbit distress call. I hardly ever use one of those. Try to throw something at them they don't hear every weekend.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 160user, 2500HD, 257 mag, 51 invisible), 2,174 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,392
Posts18,506,867
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.