Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I might just have to buy one if they offer it in 30-06......To paraphrase an older gentleman I know: "Yippee!!!!!!!!".. grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Looks like they're standard issue now. I checked out their website and they list the .257 Roberts right in there with the .270, .30-06, .243, etc

BSA - according to 'Cheesy'; the 06 is on the list among others.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jwall

Looks like they're standard issue now. I checked out their website and they list the .257 Roberts right in there with the .270, .30-06, .243, etc

Jerry

I hope Cheesy is right.....I thought about this rifle off and on all day long, thinking if I had to buy a damn 270 this would be the one I'd buy...... blush. But if they are making it in 30-06 now all bets are off...PHEW, cheesy may have saved me from doing something stupid.... whistle

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Beautiful gun!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BobinNH

Cheesy: Thanks! Yippee! grin A FW in 257 Roberts! I did live long enough! laugh

Calm down there Bob. You might have a heart attack and not get to order one. shocked grin

Jerry

[Linked Image]

Hey watch that you guys! Ingwe and me will kick your azzes! grin

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/18/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Het watch that you guys! Ingwe and me will kick your azzes! grin

grin grin
laugh laugh

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Het watch that you guys! Ingwe and me will kick your azzes! grin

grin grin
laugh laugh

Jerry

there would be NOTHING wrong with a Fwt. in a Bob....

Except my wife will probably make me buy one for her when she finds out.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Your wife likes cool rifles. What a problem. grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep...shes been slumming a Rem 722 in a Roberts for quite some time now.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Hmm, I'm a huge Model 70 fan, I don't have a .270 and I'm always looking for a cool blue/wood rifle. Looks like I'll have to get one of these. But how do I convince the wife?

----------
Hunting is my religion
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I would like the 2nd grade to have a plain steel floor plate too.

I would get one for sure if they did a mirror image in left hand.

Dream on

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Jerry

I hope Cheesy is right.....I thought about this rifle off and on all day long, thinking if I had to buy a damn 270 this would be the one I'd buy...... blush. But if they are making it in 30-06 now all bets are off...PHEW, cheesy may have saved me from doing something stupid.... whistle

Sorry guys, we got off topic in here. The JOC commerative is just in .270.

The .257 Roberts is being offered in a 'lightweight super grade', but also as a standard featherweight. That is where my comment about it being in there with the .30-06, etc was.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Can someone point me in the direction of the "lightweight supergrade"? I dont see it on the Winchester site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JasonH
Can someone point me in the direction of the "lightweight supergrade"? I dont see it on the Winchester site.

I think everybody that saw it, was in the latest Cabela's Shooters catalog, a couple pages in. I think Cabela's exclusive possibly.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by DeerHunterIA
Hmm, I'm a huge Model 70 fan, I don't have a .270 and I'm always looking for a cool blu
e/wood rifle. Looks like I'll have to get one of these. But how do I convince the wife?

Remember, its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission

Dennis

Lets start over and talk about something you know about, like Mexican food.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[quote=Cheesy]

Jerry

Sorry guys, we got off topic in here. The JOC commerative is just in .270.

The .257 Roberts is being offered in a 'lightweight super grade', but also as a standard featherweight. That is where my comment about it being in there with the .30-06, etc was.

SORRY guys if I MISSED something or misunderstood. I sincerely thot we were talking about the commemorative model.

HOPEFULLY the other 'calibers' will be included later. (rifles in other chamberings) grin 'calibers' is shorter.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 01/19/12.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tackleman
Hmm, I'm a huge Model 70 fan, I don't have a .270 and I'm always looking for a cool blu
e/wood rifle. Looks like I'll have to get one of these. But how do I convince the wife?

That was my motto until my wife figured out a solution to the problem...Now if I take out money for a new rifle, I have to take out the same amount and give it to her. Now I actually have to think twice about what I'm doing and if I really "need" it.... eek cry

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your wife is a wise woman. My wife, now deceased, was like that as well. Now that I am single, I can blow money as I please. No one to answer to but myself. Except my children, "You spent HOW much on a .22?!!" But I surely do miss her a LOT!

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tackleman

That was my motto until my wife figured out a solution to the problem...Now if I take out money for a new rifle, I have to take out the same amount and give it to her. Now I actually have to think twice about what I'm doing and if I really "need" it.... eek cry

My friends wife tried that once. He told her they could do better than that. He said they should split all of the monthly bills down the middle, she would pay half out of her income and he would pay half out of his. They would then each keep the money they had left to spend as they chose. She quickly realized she doesn't make enough to pay half of the bills, let alone have any left over.

He has never heard a word about buying rifles or hunts since. grin

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
G
GF1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Here are some photos from the SHOT Show:

Bradford (right) w/ Dave Petzal; Brad's holding the tribute Model 70, custom grade:

[Linked Image]

Craig Boddington holding the original "#2" Jack O'Connor rifle, with Bradford and the new custom grade tribute rifle (in background is the specially embroidered Boyt case available through the JO'C center for gun buyers):

[Linked Image]

Asked how the rifle felt, "Great," Brad said, "I'd be hard pressed to ask for better."

Orders for the rifles (wholesale/industry) are apparently exceeding Winchester's expectations, especially for the custom grade.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.