Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I know many of you profess how Paul is going to cut one trillion out of the budget his first year in office(wink,wink).

Has he specifically identified how he is going to do that or has he just said he was going to do it?

Let's see how you gents handle this reality check.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would imagine this is ronny's first attempt at balancing anything other than his checkbook, so don't expect too much.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since all Bristoe wants to do is put up a link, i'll post the answer, if that's what you want to call it.

SPENDING:

Cuts $1 trillion in spending during the first year of Ron Paul�s presidency, eliminating five cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education), abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars, and returning most other spending to 2006 levels.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Sounds like a good start.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
so simple, so easy....why didn't anyone think of it before. I tell you, that Ron Paul is a freaking genius.

oh...wait....Congress won't do any of that stuff, and Paul couldn't do it. well, never mind.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
So what is Romney promising to cut? Any dollar amount? From where? When is he promising to repeal Obamacare?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
so simple, so easy....why didn't anyone think of it before. I tell you, that Ron Paul is a freaking genius.

oh...wait....Congress won't do any of that stuff, and Paul couldn't do it. well, never mind.

But a voting record means something,no?
And as for all of the other RHINTARDS??? What can anyone of them point to??

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
so simple, so easy....why didn't anyone think of it before.

Oh,...I'm quite sure some of them *thought* of it.

But unlike Ron Paul, they lack the nuts to actually put it out there in the open.

And on the other hand,...most of them didn't even think of it.

D.C. is a congregation of self serving knotheads,..as is evidenced by the current condition of the American economy and monetary system.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ending foreign wars

Is that like an immediate retreat thing, or does it mean future wars, or wars aren't necessary?

MOLON LABE

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Because, like you, the rest give lip service to smaller .gov...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

Nice^^

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
ending foreign wars

Is that like an immediate retreat thing, or does it mean future wars, or wars aren't necessary?

It means that the country is 15 trillion dollars in debt and adding more than a trillion dollars a year to it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ron Paul is pro drugs and yet I see no mention of disbanding DEA; is he letting us down???

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
ending foreign wars

It means that the country is 15 trillion dollars in debt and adding more than a trillion dollars a year to it.

So we never go to war again? ever?

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
ending foreign wars

So we never go to war again? ever?

Unless somebody stitches up the country's arteries, America doesn't do *anything* again ever,...because it will cease to exist.

It's being bled out by the government.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TBaker5390

Because there is no constituency outside the Paulist fever swamps for a demolition of the federal government and dismantling the military. I'm pretty sure you could gas Energy and Education and most of what Agriculture does and hardly anybody would miss it, except the bureaucrats who would be put out to pasture, but I'm equally sure you will never pass a meat ax bill to abolish cabinet departments.

I know the impatient children in Paulland want their puppies, ponies and ice cream right now, but you're going to have to put up with a long slow process of shrinking .gov. As an aspirational statement, Paul's stuff sounds great....like the Mission Statement poster on the wall at the dirty fast food joint. As a program that can be used to govern and actually accomplish something, it's silly.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Don't be scared of our constitution. smile

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Will you write ronny, and tell him the Drug Enforcement Agency must be disbanded? It will save money and relieve paranoia.

MOLON LABE

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by efw
So what is Romney promising to cut? Any dollar amount? From where? When is he promising to repeal Obamacare?

=================

The diversion techniques you guys often play is getting old. Stick to the question...it was about Paul and his first years trillion dollare cuts. WTF does Romney have to do with that? Romney is no different than Obama,right? Is Paul any different than any of them?

He can't accomplish what he promised you boys he was going to do for you his first year. I need some more of that honest,unquestioned integrity cheerleading again,I guess. Do you guys have to pay another $99.99 to get the skinny?

What's fodder for Romney and Gingrich has to be fodder for Paul too,right fellas?

Last edited by isaac; 01/18/12.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 48 invisible), 3,166 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,660
Posts18,534,007
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.